Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Completely OT: Is this okay for a guy?

Options
13»

Comments

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    @yukonron that's some funny stuff :) if this were college you would be required to warn us about trigger words and we would complain about microagressions. Or maybe we are beyond that and it's macro aggressions at this point!

It's definitely a regional thing too. When we looked at houses in Indianapolis at least half of them had words or phrases painted on the wall. 
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Yeah....he should forfiet his man card to you the next time he see's you. You might have too hold on to it for a while.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    edited January 2016
    Options
    No comment on the above but did come across this oldie:
    Edit: Apologies that I can't get the file to display in an "open" format.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,171
    Options
    Just remembered these gems of wisdom on the walls of our camper and went out and took a couple of photos. Maybe I never even had a man card.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    I guess I have a W. C. Fields quote in my kitchen:
    "I cook with wine.  Sometimes I even add it to the food."  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,345
    Options
    You just know that the fellows really hating on that sign have the Village People classic "Macho Man" on heavy rotation on their playlist. :)

Macho, macho man
    I gotta be a macho man
    Macho macho man
    I gotta be a macho
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Please tell me that he bought that sign after overdosing on midol.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Please tell me that he bought that sign after overdosing on midol.
    Haha I had to look that up. Funny stuff
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    I would totally buy that too. If I had a vagina
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    Lot of women own motorcycles and guns and have tattoos

So i guess they apparently are also men, if we are going to be cliche' 

FWIW, i wouldn't buy that for my house. But i also don't care what any of you think about the crap i do buy for my house

anyone who self-edits based on what others might think... that's a problem

[social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• maximus1
    Options
    A man hung this up?

2 Large BGE, 1 Small.  
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    maximus1 said:
    A man hung this up?

With no direction from a woman 
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    How does a single man know where to buy this sign? I have never seen anything like that for sale anywhere I go. Also, I'm married with 2 kids and there is no way I would let that be seen in our house. 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,171
    Options
    Hi54putty said:
    How does a single man know where to buy this sign? I have never seen anything like that for sale anywhere I go. Also, I'm married with 2 kids and there is no way I would let that be seen in our house. 
    Menards...it is a hardware store.

http://www.menards.com/main/home-decor/decorative-accents/artwork/45-1-4-be-yourself-inspirational-wall-art-plaque/p-1444445928623-c-6953.htm
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Is Menard's marketed more towards women? He could have hung peg board, but he chose this?
    Save this man, or take away his BGE.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky