Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I'm about to be standing in a plumbing aisle trying to figure out exactly what I need to plumb up my trailer. Then in the electrical aisle working that out.  

I decided to go with a deep cycle marine battery and a 4 stage charger mounted on the trailer and run 12v rope lights, 12v water pump (which has an automatic pressure switch that cuts off when the faucet is turned off) and a 3 outlet cigarette lighter port so I can charge my cell phone or run a small inverter to power a stoker for temp monitoring.  I'll rig 3 switches. One for the lights on the bottom of the trailer frame. One for the task lights. And one for the water pump.  

Plumbing should be a bit easier. I want an inlet for a hose, I have the pump for the 55g tank. And I just need to get it all to work right with the tankless heater.

I'm pretty sure I can do all this myself. (I want to get it done before Feb 9, so I'll have about 3-4 days to figure it out. And I'm off 3 of those days.

You probably know but the shark bite fitting make plumbing really easy. Not cheap but man it's nice to just push them on. 
  • Lit
    edited January 2016
    Options

Lit said:
    @Lit Was the Rambler just sitting there or what caused the failure?
    I had just filled it with ice water and was drinking out of it when it happened. Sucks they aren't open on the weekends to file a claim. 
    @Lit ... from your picture it doesn't look like there is any sealant nor welding involved in keeping the air out ... just the vacuum itself and a press fit ... yes/no?

Duct tape will allow you to limp into next week ... can't believe a Yeti owner only has one though!  
    Just the vacuum keeping it on. I have 3 20 oz and a colster only 1 30 though.
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Lit said:
    I'm about to be standing in a plumbing aisle trying to figure out exactly what I need to plumb up my trailer. Then in the electrical aisle working that out.  

I decided to go with a deep cycle marine battery and a 4 stage charger mounted on the trailer and run 12v rope lights, 12v water pump (which has an automatic pressure switch that cuts off when the faucet is turned off) and a 3 outlet cigarette lighter port so I can charge my cell phone or run a small inverter to power a stoker for temp monitoring.  I'll rig 3 switches. One for the lights on the bottom of the trailer frame. One for the task lights. And one for the water pump.  

Plumbing should be a bit easier. I want an inlet for a hose, I have the pump for the 55g tank. And I just need to get it all to work right with the tankless heater.

I'm pretty sure I can do all this myself. (I want to get it done before Feb 9, so I'll have about 3-4 days to figure it out. And I'm off 3 of those days.

You probably know but the shark bite fitting make plumbing really easy. Not cheap but man it's nice to just push them on. 
    Man, I don't know squat really. I've done a good bit of aquarium plumbing but that's it. 
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Lit
    Options

Man, I don't know squat really. I've done a good bit of aquarium plumbing but that's it. 
    Home Depot sells shark bite brand lowes sells some called blue something. They are compression fitting for your pressurized lines so instead of soldering you just push them hard onto your copper pipe and that's it. Really easy and even nicer say your pump goes out they are removable with a tool they sell for like $2 so you slide it off switch the pump and push it back on.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Lit said:
    I had just filled it with ice water and was drinking out of it when it happened. Sucks they aren't open on the weekends to file a claim. 
    I'm sure come Monday they'll make it right for you. Please update. I'm curious if response time. And also if they require a receipt. That would suck. I gave a lot of these for Christmas and obviously didn't give them a receipt with their gift. 

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Lit said:
    My 30 oz rambler died. Heard a pop and the bottom came off. Hopefully their customer service is as good as I have heard.
    Get an RTIC next instead.  Not sure if you've heard of them though.  Like half the price of Yeti, and better. 

I kid.... :tongue: 
    Yeah, when mine gets here next year, I'm pretty sure that won't happen. If it's the correct size, that is. 
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Just stuck a beer into a pretty new cooler.  Better ice retention than Yeti and was MUCH cheaper too.  

If it wasn't so seasonal, they'd drive them right out of business.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,349
    Options
    Lit said:
    I thought for the prices you pay to join the YETI club that you get an embossed gold card with the CEO's personal cell number for 24/7 access.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    It's the water.  High-end beverage containers are meant for adult supervisory beverages.  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    @sgh looks nice! That's a lucky son!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,349
    Options
    Lit said:

Home Depot sells shark bite brand lowes sells some called blue something. They are compression fitting for your pressurized lines so instead of soldering you just push them hard onto your copper pipe and that's it. Really easy and even nicer say your pump goes out they are removable with a tool they sell for like $2 so you slide it off switch the pump and push it back on.
    Shark bite fittings are great but make sure you really clean and smooth the ends of the pipes and the fittings are seated to the proper depth.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Lit
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Lit said:
    I thought for the prices you pay to join the YETI club that you get an embossed gold card with the CEO's personal cell number for 24/7 access.
    I am pretty disappointed that they aren't open on Saturday. 
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Kenji's ultra gooey mac and cheese from The Food Lab

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,085
    Options
    Enjoying company with a few friends in a party bus as we head to dinner ...

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Enjoying company with a few friends in a party bus as we head to dinner ...

The inebriated filter strikes again. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options

Thighs w/ Southern Soul Dust Rub. 

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options

Thighs w/ Southern Soul Dust Rub. 

Have you tried a rub called Everglades? A friend from Florida is visiting and he raves about it. However I trust Floridians about as much as I trust liberals so I thought I would ask you brother Husker. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL - I forgot to say above, great looking grub my friend. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Just started Wayne's World, never gets old.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Party time! Excellent!
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options

This was earlier, but I'm enjoying watching people fall while I'm Ski Patrolling.
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @SGH Dayumn I'm not sure whether to be flattered or offended. I'm not born & raised Floridian but, we are a RED STATE :wink: 
    Thanks for compliment. And I haven't tried it. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    @SGH Dayumn I'm not sure whether to be flattered or offended. I'm not born & raised Floridian but, we are a RED STATE :wink: 

I I think he was referring to the exploits of Florida Man and the fact that it's the worst state in the Union.
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    brisket is on the egg and smoking.  looking forward to dinner tomorrow night, and a lot of leftovers
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,085
    Options

I I think he was referring to the exploits of Florida Man and the fact that it's the worst state in the Union.

Worst state?  ****, Illinois can't even get that right.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • FarmerTom
    FarmerTom Posts: 685
    Options
    Got 2-10 lb. pork shoulders on the XL.  Just hoping they finish sometime soon.  Been going since before noon.  Would like to get to sleep before the sun comes up.

Tommy 

Middle of Nowhere, Northern Kentucky
       1 M, 1 XL, a BlackStone,1 old Webber, a Border Collie, a German Shepherd and 3 of her pups, and 2 Yorkies

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    They might get finished by 0300?
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • FarmerTom
    FarmerTom Posts: 685
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    They might get finished by 0300?
    I thought I was finally going to get them off a little bit ago.  Maverick showed 203.  But when I thermo-probed them, they were still in the mid 180's..  Maverick probe happened to be in a hot spot.  So I moved it.  Oh well.  Have to see what's on the tube.  

Tommy 

Middle of Nowhere, Northern Kentucky
       1 M, 1 XL, a BlackStone,1 old Webber, a Border Collie, a German Shepherd and 3 of her pups, and 2 Yorkies