Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cost of Lump

Options
Just curious how much people in the US pay for BGE Lump. I'm in Toronto and a bag of lump is 45 Canadian (32 USD). I would be willing to drive to Buffalo NY if it makes sense, and If I  can import 10  bags 

Thanks.

Comments

• epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,174
    Options
    Bought a couple of bags of Royal Oak 17.6 pound bags for $9.84 each here in Georgia a couple of weeks ago. Of course, that is a long way from Buffalo.
  • GreatNorthEgger
    Options
    Thanks but I'm looking for BGE Lump brand. 
  • cajunrph
    cajunrph Posts: 162
    Options
    Royal Oak makes BGE lump. Same product. 
    LBGE, Weber Grills, Silverback Pellet grill, PBC. No I don't have a grill issue. 

LBC, Texas 

• LRW
    LRW Posts: 198
    Options
    http://www.nakedwhiz.com/lumpdatabase/lumpbag5.htm
    BGE lump is made by Royal Oak. Just saying
    Volant, PA 1 LBGE ,Smokeware Cap, igrill2
    My Foodtography

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,391
    Options
    @GreatNorthEgger - I'm not trying to talk you out of BGE lump but it is private branded Royal Oak if that's available.  And given you reside in the GWN I would be all over Maple Leaf.  Matter of fact, I am using my first bag of Basque's Sugar Maple (only maple I can find in the Lower 48) and it is quite good.  FWIW-
    BTW-welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.  There are many egger's in the GTA-and a great fest as well.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    BGE dealer list is around $25. I paid $22 today with a "friends and family discount".  

I'm also a Sugar Maple fan, @lousubcap

I've yet to try Royal Oak but next time I come across it I'll give it a try. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    If you'd be heading to Buffalo, check out Wegmans.  Their lump is also made by Royal Oak, and in my area is $7 for a 10 pound bag. Plus, you get to shop at the best grocery store in the US.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @GreatNorthEgger - I'm not trying to talk you out of BGE lump but it is private branded Royal Oak if that's available.  And given you reside in the GWN I would be all over Maple Leaf.  Matter of fact, I am using my first bag of Basque's Sugar Maple (only maple I can find in the Lower 48) and it is quite good.  FWIW-
    BTW-welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.  There are many egger's in the GTA-and a great fest as well.
    Basque's is good stuff. Ordered in equal quantity as RW in my last firecraft order. Jump on that maple leaf!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,391
    Options
    @THEBuckeye - have you been able to find sugar maple outside of ordering thru firecraft as I would like to use it on a routine basis?  Given my recent infusion of Rockwood (the primary reason for firecraft since my regional delivery source dried up) I don't anticipate needing to place a firecraft order for stock for quite a while.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    I pay $23 with tax for 20 lb bag of Rockwood.  With every penny.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • donbga
    donbga Posts: 9
    Options
    For Sugar Maple Lump in Atlanta go to The Big Grill Store. Google for directions. About $17 for a large 25lb. bag. I also purchased before Christmas at Costco Komato Joe lump imported from Argententa for $15 per 25 lb. Bothe cook great.

What I need is some post oak for smoking Texas style!
  • g37
    g37 Posts: 450
    Options
    I pay  36$ for BGE lump.  
    Ewa Beach, Hawaii
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,532
    Options
    Welcome to the forum! Check your pm.
    canuckland
  • GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,365
    Options
    I live in Cambridge, Ont. I buy the Basque at Costco in the summer (large bag) for $12 (about $8.50 USD). It is very good but they only have it in the summer.  You can also find it at Lowes in Canada but it is more expensive. I can also find Maple Leaf locally for about $17 a bag (Less then $12 USD). We buy the red bag of Royal Oak at Home Depot when we're on holidays in the US, that is good as well.  
    In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 
  • richseel
    Options
    I'm paying $33 a bag for BGE lump in Thunder Bay.  Can't believe you're paying more down there.

I was buying Rockwood from the US, but once the $$ crashed it no longer made sense.  I find BGE adequate and, now, economical.
    Large Egg
    Ontario, Canada
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    In the GTA, you have the best prices on the best lump - Maple Leaf. LS used to get it at Nella's, but it is available in lots of spots including Home Hardware. Basques, is good second choice, Natures Own or Sugar Maple. 
    Brother in Kingston is complaining that Basques is not so available and the price has gone up - evidently they are shipping to the eastern seaboard of the US what with the Loonie worth 70 cents US. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options

richseel said:
    I'm paying $33 a bag for BGE lump in Thunder Bay.  Can't believe you're paying more down there.

I was buying Rockwood from the US, but once the $$ crashed it no longer made sense.  I find BGE adequate and, now, economical.
    Try your local Home Hardware, they have Maple Leaf @ $19CDN a bag. They will bring it in for you. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • chrisc133
    chrisc133 Posts: 501
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Bought a couple of bags of Royal Oak 17.6 pound bags for $9.84 each here in Georgia a couple of weeks ago. Of course, that is a long way from Buffalo.
    @epcotisbestWhere at?  Walmart?
    Augusta, GA
    #BGETEAMGREEN member
    MiniMax, Large, XL BGE
    Featured on Man Fire Food Season 7
  • clifkincaid
    Options
    I can buy the BGE at $21 but I still get the RO for $13...and more when they are 9.97 a bag. 
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,174
    Options
    chrisc133 said:
    @epcotisbestWhere at?  Walmart?
    Yes, Walmart.