Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Completely OT: Is this okay for a guy?

Options
My single male friend hung this up in his house. I ripped him a new one and my other friends say it's fine. Your thoughts? Girly crap if you ask me
"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    "PLAY HARD" sounds a bit masculine.   Or like someone took a little blue pill.
    Haha that's hilarious.  Not something guys would normally put up. At least not me or my friends.  Unless they wanted to get clowned on. For eternity. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Thought this was going to be the sign:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Doesn't bother me but then what do I know; I also eat quiche.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    I think that could work as a chick/ dude magnet.. Whatever..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    That is clearly a chicks pep talk sign. Good grief!
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm married and no way would I let her put that up. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    When I first read this I thought it was perfect! but after thinking about it I realized it was not..... It says nothing about getting drunk, Egging, Yeti coolers, Rockwood or Royal Oak lump, The best fire starter, easy pizza dough or Death. So tell your friend to take it down.  

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• LRW
    LRW Posts: 198
    Options
    What kind of wood is that sign made of would it be good to smoke with?
    Volant, PA 1 LBGE ,Smokeware Cap, igrill2
    My Foodtography

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    First of all @WeberWho , you are doing your duty as a guy friend to rip him a new one and to publicly call him out.  YOU have followed guy code.  Bonus points for you if asked him anything about his lady bits, or his missing man parts.

Your friend, as a single guy, should have intuitively known that was inappropriate.  As a guy, he should not have been within a hundred yards of a store that has even considered selling signs like that.  A single guy should instinctivly stay away from all stores besides, Cabellas, Bass pro shop, or REI.

You need to share this thread with your buddy,  so he can get the public shaming he needs to put him back on track.
    Phoenix 
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options

Who said one is known by the company they keep?  B)
    New Albany, Ohio 

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    This one of those instances where one says "I'm asking for a buddy". Is this at your house? Be honest? 

:tongue: 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • HondaHawk
    Options
    That's too bad. Help him out and take it down.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    No wonder he is single
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    That is clearly a chicks pep talk sign. Good grief!
    That made me think of a "dream board" or whatever they are called.  Maybe he has one of those as well...
    Phoenix 
  • leo123
    leo123 Posts: 101
    Options
    It's perfectly okay as long as you never post it anywhere. 
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    You did the right thing and you are his only true friend.  This is pretty f!!!!in far from okay.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• txhawkeye
    txhawkeye Posts: 279
    Options
    It needs to come down immediately!! my wife and daughters would even agree with me!!
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,174
    Options
    Ridiculous...his wall, his sign in his home...nobody else's effing business. Try to tell me how to decorate my own house and the only other thing you will see there is the door.
    Perhaps his mother gave it to him and what is more manly than keeping mom happy?
    Perhaps a potential girlfriend gave it to him and he is trying to make her happy?
    Perhaps it makes him happy?
    Perhaps I really don't care either way.

• txhawkeye
    txhawkeye Posts: 279
    Options
    Ridiculous...his wall, his sign in his home...nobody else's effing business. Try to tell me how to decorate my own house and the only other thing you will see there is the door.
    Perhaps his mother gave it to him and what is more manly than keeping mom happy?
    Perhaps a potential girlfriend gave it to him and he is trying to make her happy?

Still not ok!!
  • epcotisbest
    Options
    txhawkeye said:

Still not ok!!
    Sure it is. Again, not your house.
  • otter
    otter Posts: 342
    Options
    Burn it, give it away
    Pure Michigan
    Grand Rapids, Michigan  LBGE, SBGE
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options

Nah. We've been friends since 8th grade. Most of my friends are like brothers. If we didn't bust each other's arse something wouldn't be right. All fun and games. If he truly would have been hurt I wouldn't have said anything. ;)
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • epcotisbest
    Options
    WeberWho said:

Nah. We've been friends since 8th grade. Most of my friends are like brothers. If we didn't bust each other's arse something wouldn't be right. All fun and games. If he truly would have been hurt I wouldn't have said anything. ;)
    Well, that is a horse of a different color, whatever that means. As long as it is all in fun you could bring over a bra and hang it on the sign next time you visit. 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    txhawkeye said:

Still not ok!!
    Uhmmm, we're having a little fun. I pretty sure we will not organize an intervention or bum rush his house to remove the sign.
      If you have this same sign, please disregard our rude comments and carry on as you wish. 
  • epcotisbest
    Options
    txhawkeye said:

Still not ok!!
    Uhmmm, we're having a little fun. I pretty sure we will not organize an intervention or bum rush his house to remove the sign.
      If you have this same sign, please disregard our rude comments and carry on as you wish. 
    Nah, but do have something my mom gave me that I don't really care for but she liked it. Man, I miss her. Guess I should lighten up and join in the fun.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    That puts the "D" in douchey. Bring a framed copy of @tarheelmatt 's Challenge Yourself pic the next time you're over there if he needs a pep talk. 
  • Mosca
    Mosca Posts: 456
    Options
    Who cares. If the guy likes the sign, he likes the sign.
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I don't think I would hang it up in my house, but my wife maybe.  Now I have this I am going to frame a some point and hang in my basement/man cave.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.