Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Zucchini Noodle Stir Fry with Shrimp

Options
SWMBO asked for stir fry again tonight. Who am I to argue? 
Here's the recipe: http://www.justataste.com/asian-zucchini-noodle-stirfry-shrimp-recipe/print
I didn't use olive oil - peanut oil instead. Cranked the heat up and did a proper stir fry; times in the recipe can be ignored. Here are some pics:

Coleman, Texas
Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
"Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                      YukonRon

Comments

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Dude that plate is sexy!   I love me some zoodles.  Wait till you try them with some curry shrimp.  

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @Mattman3969 Thanks friend.  That was my first recipe with zoodles. They were good. Curry shrimp does sound really good; do you have a recipe or can I just google?
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Mattman3969
    Options
    I use this one and just add the zoodles at the end and skip the rice.  

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/10/thai-green-coconut-curry-shrimp-with.html

analyze adapt overcome

• SciAggie
    Options
    I use this one and just add the zoodles at the end and skip the rice.  

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/10/thai-green-coconut-curry-shrimp-with.html
    Thank you very much.
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • ScottNC
    ScottNC Posts: 240
    Options
    Looks excellent as always, another recipe to look forward to! Great pics too.

Western, North Carolina

Large, MiniMax, Blackstone 17" Smashburger Griddle & Stuff

• SciAggie
    Options
    @ScottNC Thanks. This one was fun because I was stepping outside my comfort zone with the zoodles. I can say I really, really like the MM. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • noregard
    noregard Posts: 306
    Options
    Looks awesome, I've been thinking about getting one of them fancy spiral machines, it might be time… go good with my new wok.
    Lethbridge, Alberta         LBGE & MM
  • poster
    poster Posts: 1,172
    Options
    looks good, too good... im saying photoshop. That egg is just too clean
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Brother that's looking awesome but please tell me how you make the zoodles. My wife has made them for me twice now and they turn out like a gloppy soggy mess...
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Mattman3969
    Options
    @blind99 - not speaking for @sciAggie at all but zoodles need to be cooked hot and fast to barely  al dente otherwise they will start seeping a bunch of liquid and be very sloppy.  When I cook them I do them in the wok very hot and fast.  Pull them before they get too soft.  

analyze adapt overcome

• SciAggie
    Options
    poster said:
    looks good, too good... im saying photoshop. That egg is just too clean
    Lol - the egg is new. This is my 5th??? cook or so... I'm getting it dirty as fast as I can. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SciAggie
    Options
    @blind99 - not speaking for @sciAggie at all but zoodles need to be cooked hot and fast to barely  al dente otherwise they will start seeping a bunch of liquid and be very sloppy.  When I cook them I do them in the wok very hot and fast.  Pull them before they get too soft.  
    @blind99 I received a Spiralizer as a Christmas gift. It actually is pretty cool. In this recipe you cook everything and add the zoodles at the very end. I will defer to the statement above because this was the first time for me to cook them. I guess I was lucky and had things hot enough. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    That's the best looking healthy meal I've seen yet!!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • SciAggie
    Options
    That's the best looking healthy meal I've seen yet!!
    Thanks friend. I can't wait to see what you do with that new cooker you have coming. I have enjoyed your thread and feel your enthusiasm. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon