Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mens Apron

Comments

• revolver1
    revolver1 Posts: 372
    Walmart for me.  
    Dan, Columbia,Mo.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    all-denim isn't exclusive to canadians. 

See Jay Leno

Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Maybe the angle, but do I spy moose knuckles?  
    Thats Ca"male" toe
  • Abter
    Abter Posts: 125
    It's the all-denim outfit that is unforgivable.
    Its not only Canadians!  Some of us from back in the day who refuse to climb out from under our rock still remember when our entire generation rebelled against conformity by all dressing in denim head-to-toe.  THAT showed them  B)

A few years ago after "hinting" for several years my wife gave me a blue denim shirt for Xmas.  I was astonished when my adult-age kids yelled "NO DAD...you may NOT wear DD to dinner tonight.  For that matter you may NEVER wear DD." 

Every time I tell that story to folks about my age they get a funny look, and then say "wait...what else could you wear with a denim shirt".

Moral of story: I am in DD most winter weekends.

Context disclosure; this is written by a 60+ guy wearing jeans and a plaid flannel shirt at work today in my government office.  Probably has something to do with the Springsteen concert I'm going to tonight.  Rock on =)
    Stay Calm and Egg On
    1 lonely medium in Rockville, MD
  • stonewh
    stonewh Posts: 169
    That's a pretty fair price from what I've seen on the market. I use a Butcher and Baker demin apron.

Other options:
    Knife & Flag
    Medium Rare Chef

Thanks, I see a couple I like on Knife & Flag and Medium Rare Chef. 
    Birmingham, AL
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Laugh all you want guys, but yes I wear denim shirts and jeans when in my workshop. I find they repel pesky sawdust far better than flannel. As for the farrier apron I bought that in honor of my Father who was a bonafide blacksmith and farrier back in the 1930s through the early '50s in Iowa.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • PSC
    PSC Posts: 148

I want one!

where?  :)
  • @RRP all in good fun

not exactly a fashion plate myself
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    RRP said:

A cr*tchless apron?  That may be a hit beyond the BBQ circles...
    LOL - you think that farriers wives actually designed this style?
    I think it may have been their boyfriends Ron 

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    PSC said:

I want one!

where?  :)
    Uhhhh... The arrows kinda tell you...   :lol: 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984

Actually, denim is from France. Developed in Nim, France, and that is how it got its name de Nim. French, make Mack trucks, and came up with denim.

Figures.

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • ScottNC
    ScottNC Posts: 240
    I like it! =)

Western, North Carolina

Large, MiniMax, Blackstone 17" Smashburger Griddle & Stuff

• Abter
    Abter Posts: 125
    YukonRon said:

Actually, denim is from France.

YukonRon got it right.  The almighty Wiki says "The name "denim" derives from French serge de Nîmes, meaning "serge from Nîmes"

Jeans, THE classic American clothing article and symbol of the cowboy mythology of the west, is (Wiki again)  "The contemporary use of the word "jeans" comes from the French word for Genoa, Italy (Gênes), where the first denim trousers were made"

Blue Jeans...pure American to the core!  Just like pizza, Frankfurters, Weiners (Vienna),  Hamburgers  (Hamburg, Germany) and Chop Suey  :D
    Stay Calm and Egg On
    1 lonely medium in Rockville, MD
  • Was there an argument about where it came from?  

[social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Friday afternoon drinking fact.
    nothing more.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    This was going to be fun tonight and now the pic is gone? I think there was a little too much toe for a family friendly forum.
  • I got a beautiful chef's coat and knife roll from butcherandbaker.com. Their products are lovely but shipping is slow, I guess because they're made to order.
    - Jamaican living in rural Western Washington
    - Got my first egg (XL) in October 2015
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    I like aprons since they funnel farts in the right direction. 

<sits back>

Happy friday!
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429
    Funnel farts = butt trumpets?  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Lit said:
    This was going to be fun tonight and now the pic is gone? I think there was a little too much toe for a family friendly forum.
    Curious as to why the buffalo removed the pic and not the entire post??  Pretty sure it had been up longer than 1hr so editing shouldn't had been an option. Hummmm?

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    pic's back. Ron doesn't look a bit better. =)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Mattman3969
    LMAO Michael!!   We will see how long it lasts before the lone buffalo removes it.  

analyze adapt overcome

• RRP
    Lit said:
    Curious as to why the buffalo removed the pic and not the entire post??  Pretty sure it had been up longer than 1hr so editing shouldn't had been an option. Hummmm?
    I had nothing to do with any of the removal. Could it be that somebody didn't know what a "farrier" was let alone why the protective farrier apron is designed the way it was? 

BTW earlier today I posted this reply:

RRPRRP  Posts: 17,281
    Laugh all you want guys, but yes I wear denim shirts and jeans when in my workshop. I find they repel pesky sawdust far better than flannel. As for the farrier apron I bought that in honor of my Father who was a bonafide blacksmith and farrier back in the 1930s through the early '50s in Iowa.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429
    Ron, I'm tickled about your two guard dogs, peering out at the photographer!  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Mattman3969
    edited January 2016
    Lit said:
    And now it's back. Really weird. The Lone Buffalo is in a festive mood tonight.  

analyze adapt overcome

• RRP

And now it's back. Really weird. The Lone Buffalo is in a festive mood tonight.  
    Why call it a festive mood? Maybe the Buffalo and others learned something today that the farrier and his protective apron has an important role in the world of horses. 
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262

That apron does not offer proper protection for ne'kid grill work.  

Osha would not approve.

On another note, Ron deserves kudos for his fearless modeling of the outfit in question.

Phoenix 
  • Mattman3969
    LMAO.  Just seems as the Buffalo are messing with people tonight. I've never seen a reversed Buffalo decision. Just kinda odd is all.   Cheers Ron! 

analyze adapt overcome