Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

NFL FINAL FOUR - SUPER BOWL TEAMS -OT

Options

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    and the manning hgh-gate begins, nice timing goodell
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    Options
    The Ginger Hammer is a douche. $40 mil per year that clown fleeces the NFL owners for. I'm all for the government keeping their hands off folks hard earned $ but I think it's high time for them to look into the tax status of this league. 

Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @MJG Who are you referencing as the Ginger Hammer?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    goodell
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL
    Dont misunderstand brother, I'm sure hoping that Manning pulls it off. I'm not really a Denver fan, but I'm I huge Manning fan. I liked his dad as well. I absolutely hate Fig Newton, probably more than I hate liberals if that's possible. But I think Carolina as a whole just has to much horsepower to over come. I hope that I'm wrong and Manning takes the trophy. But I fear it's a long shot. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• NPHuskerFL
    edited January 2016
    Options
    goodell
    Read several articles regarding his financials. The same could be said of actors, musicians, executives, etc. You can't want Uncle Sam to keep his hand out of your pocket and in the very next breath want "those dirty rich bastages need looked at harder". Yes, I understand he's somewhat an exception to the rule. And would probably be willing to go as far as to agree... he's kinda douchey. 
    In regards to C. Newton giving footballs to youths...is it cool? Ya it gives the general public a warm and fuzzy "oh what a nice guy". His extreme animated antics and arrogancy are right up there w/ R. Sherman. I have much more respect for a skilled man that is humble and respectful. 
    http://www.sbnation.com/2016/1/25/10823394/mmbm-manning-newton-sheriff-peyton-cam-taek
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Looks like ol' Scam is playing the race card... 
    There is a old saying that goes; "If you have a good horse, then ride it". Some will ride this to the end no matter how much is ever given to them. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @DoubleEgger Article you just posted....smh What an idiot. Race has 0% to do with it. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    I didn't really care for Newton before, can't stand him now, what an idiot!!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    "Gee Tom, your balls are flat."
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I think its going to be a good game. However, If the Broncos don't have a great offensive performance, it's going to be ugly. The Panthers are a well coached and highly talented on both sides of the ball. Sometimes that Dever offense struggles to move the ball as they did in the second half against the Patriots. The Panthers score in bunches and have been doing so all season.
    A lot of ppl don't agree with the antics of Newton and that's understandable. We all have a professional profile that we presume one should exemplify. The team sure does rally around him and in his mind, that's all that matters. 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    Options
    goodell
    Read several articles regarding his financials. The same could be said of actors, musicians, executives, etc. You can't want Uncle Sam to keep his hand out of your pocket and in the very next breath want "those dirty rich bastages need looked at harder". Yes, I understand he's somewhat an exception to the rule. And would probably be willing to go as far as to agree... he's kinda douchey. 
    In regards to C. Newton giving footballs to youths...is it cool? Ya it gives the general public a warm and fuzzy "oh what a nice guy". His extreme animated antics and arrogancy are right up there w/ R. Sherman. I have much more respect for a skilled man that is humble and respectful. 
    http://www.sbnation.com/2016/1/25/10823394/mmbm-manning-newton-sheriff-peyton-cam-taek
    I'm not talking about the tax status of Roger personally. 
    I'm talking about the tax status of the NFL. If they can pay 
    him that much they should be paying more taxes on things that are currently exempt for them now. 
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    There are so many organizations that get tax exempt status. The NFL is likely the most visible of them all, but there are many more that claim not for profit, or charitable interest, that rake in tons of cash, the boards take half, and the rest goes into the principle interest.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    @DoubleEgger Article you just posted....smh What an idiot. Race has 0% to do with it. 

Jealousy has 100% to do with it. All this pearl-clutching, hand-wringing, "think of the children!" BS over someone having fun playing a kid's game.

Hurr Durr... He needs to show respect...Derp... he needs to be humble...

Your old is showing.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I really don't understand why folks hate Newton that much.  I'm not saying it's racial or anything else - I just don't get it.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Most of the people that hate Cam are butt hurt Florida and Alabama fans. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Most folks are upset at Cam just because he's winning and doesn't play on their team... 
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    They will really hate him when he is putting on his first ring- doubt he will care. Go cats
    Greensboro, NC
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Most folks are upset at Cam just because he's winning and doesn't play on their team... 

No, anybody that uses the race card is a douche in my book. Race hasn't hindered him in his career path. He's a fine athlete no doubt about it. Would I prefer him on my team VS P. Manning or B. Osweiler? Absolutely NOT. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    Nah, racism doesn't exist. .. 

I'll just leave this here...

http://dailysnark.com/dont-think-race-people-take-look-tweets-cam-newton/
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @tarheelmatt Agree. Sadly YES racism is part of our society still today.  But, for me it's his antics and extreme arrogance and lack of respect for other players in the league (being humble isn't a sign of weakness). But, to be fair a LOT of these players harbor a certain amount of arrogance and it's overlooked so maybe there's some truth to the article. I'm waiting for him to start taking in 3rd person. He's arrogant whether he's Black, Hispanic, Asian, White or whatever. But, his blackness hasn't held him back from being in the position he's in. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Denver, #2 on my list of teams at the bottom in my house-hold: only team further in the sewer, San Diego Chargers (soon to become some suburb of LA).  Thus I hope Carolina burns them as did the Deadskins, 49er's and Seattle.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @lousubcap  ^^^What's up with that shipmate?
    UnSat
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    edited January 2016
    Options
    As I believe I have posted before, I am a Raiders fan-thus the deal with the AFC West.  Did attend one AFC championship when the Raiders beat the Chargers for the AFC championship (in SD, 1981) and then was in the house when that same team pounded the Eagles in SB XV in the Super Dome.  A weekend of debauchery for sure.  And favorite #2-New York Football Giants. 
    But I am mellowing over time-just not with the AFC West.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    @tarheelmatt Agree. Sadly YES racism is part of our society still today.  But, for me it's his antics and extreme arrogance and lack of respect for other players in the league (being humble isn't a sign of weakness). But, to be fair a LOT of these players harbor a certain amount of arrogance and it's overlooked so maybe there's some truth to the article. I'm waiting for him to start taking in 3rd person. He's arrogant whether he's Black, Hispanic, Asian, White or whatever. But, his blackness hasn't held him back from being in the position he's in. 
    I personally like the way he handles busniness on and off the field and even in the locker room. He's a leader and it's proven. His personality and attitude is infectious and it shows. 

I'd much rather have a great leader that haves fun and a locker full of grown men than the opposite.  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @tarheelmatt Matt. I agree he's a fine athlete and even leader to the Pussycats. I just don't care for his antics. I like a humble badass that handles business. Looking forward to this game. I expect to see a great game. And regardless if I like or dislike C. Newton he's the real deal no doubt. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    @tarheelmatt Agree. Sadly YES racism is part of our society still today.  But, for me it's his antics and extreme arrogance and lack of respect for other players in the league (being humble isn't a sign of weakness). 
    Didn't he refer to Manning as "the sheriff" ? Sounds like respect to me.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Today the stadium workers accidentally laid down Bronco emblems in both endzones.  Ewps!!   =)

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month