Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PSA-SRF new brisket weight classes-PSA

Options
It is a Friday (and lots of entertaining Friday threads are going right now).  Now back to brisket. See below if interested:  "From SRF"  (no affiliation other than I think their briskets are top-notch and worth the spend)

We listen. So when you tell us you want more brisket sizes, we’re sure to provide! You’ve said it’s a priority to be able to get just the right weight of brisket and everyone has a different preference. We've answered with smaller size ranges and more choice. You will now have six size offerings, not three, and can better narrow down what you’ll receive!

The new ranges for Gold Grade Briskets available now, and you’ll see the new sizes of Black Grade Briskets in the coming weeks. 

The new size ranges include:

9-12 pounds
12-14 pounds
14-16 pounds
16-18 pounds
18-20 pounds
20+ pounds  

We still have a limited quantity of Black Grade Briskets separated by the old weight range available for purchase at a discounted rate through Sunday.

We look forward to hearing your feedback, and are always striving to make your shopping experience the best. Thank you so much for being our customers while we grow and improve. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    What else did you read in my email? 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    @BYS1981 - I actually debated posting the above as I figure most here who shop with SRF would subscribe to the emails but perhaps some of the NEO's (new egg owners) may not have been exposed.
    And those adult billings for off-line entertainment are safe with me ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    I'm looking forward to an occasion to get one. My brisket this weekend from Costco is about one fourth the price!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888
    Options
    I'm happy to see them narrow down some sizes. 

Ive got an 11.7 pounder I wanna do tomorrow. To practice for the 13.5 pounder for the super bowl. 

But I can't eat that much brisket. Doh!

-FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    @lousubcap great post! No reason exists on why the NEOs should not be as broke as us. Well fed, but broke. Amiright?  =)
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • BYS1981
    Options
    I am actually planning on ordering a few soon, I like the 9-11lb, for my situation that size works great. 

@SRFShane will the RR briskets be going with the new sizes too?
  • SRFShane
    SRFShane Posts: 155
    Options
    @BYS1981 - Right now, we don't have plans on moving the RR briskets to this format.  Once we get through this SRF transition, we''ll take a look at it and see if it makes sense.  

Glad you guys got the email on this - I thought about posting it, but wasn't sure if it was relevant or if I was just jaded :).  Thanks @lousubcap !
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    @FATC1TY - I can show up to help you consume.  No doubt you will get a crowd if you so desire.  Enjoy the cook and eats.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    SRFShane said:
    @BYS1981 - Right now, we don't have plans on moving the RR briskets to this format.  Once we get through this SRF transition, we''ll take a look at it and see if it makes sense.  

Glad you guys got the email on this - I thought about posting it, but wasn't sure if it was relevant or if I was just jaded :).  Thanks @lousubcap !
    So Shane.......does this mean I can fit one of the smaller ones on my medium? If so, I am extatic. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    @northGAcock robin, search some of @anton 's posts for fitting large briskets on a medium. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    @northGAcock robin, search some of @anton 's posts for fitting large briskets on a medium. 
    Thanks Yolk......
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Thanks Cap!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • BYS1981
    Options
    SRFShane said:

So Shane.......does this mean I can fit one of the smaller ones on my medium? If so, I am extatic. 
    Put a metal bowl under the brisket and it will got. 
  • anton
    anton Posts: 1,813
    Options
    Thanks Yolk......
    Thanks Yolk......
    Thanks Yolk......
    Yes, please check out my pics, I have crammed 17 lb briskets on my medium with outstanding results.
     Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "
  • SRFShane
    SRFShane Posts: 155
    Options

So Shane.......does this mean I can fit one of the smaller ones on my medium? If so, I am estatic. 
    A smaller brisket certainly will make it more likely to fit, though I can't say it absolutely will fit for sure.  As others have mentioned, there are lots of little "hacks" you can use to get it to fit though - the most common I see is simply putting a metal bowl or something else to drape the brisket across.  
  • Mosca
    Mosca Posts: 456
    Options
    SRFShane said:

So Shane.......does this mean I can fit one of the smaller ones on my medium? If so, I am estatic. 
    A smaller brisket certainly will make it more likely to fit, though I can't say it absolutely will fit for sure.  As others have mentioned, there are lots of little "hacks" you can use to get it to fit though - the most common I see is simply putting a metal bowl or something else to drape the brisket across.  
    You could also commit heresy and split the point from the flat, cooking on two levels....