Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thinking of an Egg

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What should I get...Large - Medium - Small

Comments

• Haggis
    Haggis Posts: 998
    Options
    Michele,[p]Yes, all three. :)[p]To anticipate all the answers you will get, most folks recommend a large as the best choice for normal family/social purposes. Many will later purchase a smaller Egg for specific uses.
  • EggRacer
    EggRacer Posts: 400
    Options
    Michele,[p]I recommend the large but would like a bit more info as to number of people to be fed, entertain a lot or a little, what will be cooked most frequently, brisket, pulled pork, steak, chickens etc... Most people find the large to be the best bang for the buck but that may not necessarily be true depending on your needs.[p]
    XLBGE & LBGE
    North Richland Hills, TX
  • Smokin Bob
    Smokin Bob Posts: 239
    Options
    Michele,[p]Egg #1 - Large
    Egg #2 - Small
    Egg #3 - Your Choice!

• randomegger
    randomegger Posts: 194
    Options
    Michele,[p]Yes.[p]RE
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Michele,
    Large to start with. [p]Good luck and post often.[p]Regards,
    Bordello

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Michele,
    What did Carey tell you?
    Buy the dang large and be done with it girl!
    When decide to buy got to Kirley but call me first![p]Whathisname ;>)

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Michele,
    Great spot to go find out a lot of good information. This forum is the only other place you;ll ever have to go for help and information. Him Again! Hehehehehe

[ul][li]Best Web Site for Most all things Egg[/ul]
  • cbs
    cbs Posts: 99
    Options
    Michele,[p]It's hard to know without knowing your info. I've got a family of four (kids 6 & 3). We have had a medium for a bunch of years, and it has generally done the trick. However, when we've had get togethers I had to supplement the grill space with a weber gas grill. We have just remodeled, and while I was hemorrhaging money we decided to just go ahead and add a large. I anticipate it will make large get togethers much more convenient. We'll find out when we get done with the remodeling odds and ends (2010 or so the way it's going). But you can't go wrong any way.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    Michele,
    if you get the small, you will be kicking yourself for not getting the large. if you get a large, then later you will add a small.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Fungus
    Fungus Posts: 2
    Options
    I have had a large now for almost a year. I would reccomend this size to anyone.
  • MakoBBQ
    MakoBBQ Posts: 230
    Options
    twoeggs002.jpg
    <p />fishlessman,
    Take the advise of fishlessman. He is the master. I got the large then one year later got the small. I use the large for large cooks like multiple pork butts, turkey at Thanksgiving, Prime Ribs at Christmas etc. I use the small for everyday steak, chicken breasts etc.