Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    @DoubleEgger that's a classy move. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Having a couple of HVAC units replaced tomorrow. Throwing on a butt now for the installers' lunch tomorrow. 
    That is very benevolent brother Double!  Good man!  I'm selfishly watching Kentucky crush Mizzou.  Here we come @NorthGAcock =)
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Eating and farting. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• bgebrent
    Options
    SGH said:
    Eating and farting. 
    Head cheese preceded by sausage and rice with a couple beans; if you're not farting you'd be blowing up as if you'd also had a little dinner mint my friend!
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Needed some knives sharpened and some more curing salt, so I hit Northwestern Cutlery today. I found a great deal on a 12" victorinox slicer. Also picked up some other odds and ends. Incredible store: think Williams Somoma but for the professional restaurant kitchen. If you're in Chicago it's a great place to check out if you have time @YEMTrey
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Just finished portioning and vac saving some fresh Grouper and fresh Mahi.  I put one pkg aside special for myself and @HuskerMaMa the approaching Valentine's Day. She likes both Grouper and Mahi. I put some cheek meat aside for whichever she decides on. I had also planned on grabbing some fresh Triggerfish and but, by the time I got there they had sold out of today's whole fish and the extra jumbo shrimp were kinda small compared to what they would consider their "monsters" so I passed on the shrimp. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,349
    Options
    The above from @NPHuskerFL reminds me of the following:
    "What do guys want most for Valentine's Day...for it to go AWAY."  
    Have a great day.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Booked a hotel in Chicago.  Gonna take my Girl's there for Valentine's Day weekend, 15th -18th.  Can't wait.

Does not compute.

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    LOL!  I guess I was too excited in typing that out.  We are leaving the 12th and coming back on the 15th.  My daughter has an in service day on the 12th and the 15th is presidents day.

I would love to stay until the 18th.  Too many places I want to hit in such a short time.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• blind99
    Options
    @yemtrey the chicago auto show will be going on while you're here.  if you haven't been, and enjoy cars at all, it's a fun way to spend a few hours.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    Pulled pork and homemade potato chips for the HVAC installers.

• Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    @SmokeyPitt ... it took awhile to understand what you were talking about ... but it was worth it for the laugh.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Made our little girl some orange honey glazed steel head. Pan seared in the kettle then finished with some peach wood on the cooler side. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,051
    Options
    Learned a great lesson today.  Being right doesn't always matter.  Fighting the good fight comes at a high cost.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac - Sounds like a conversation with SWMBO...that is a no-win regardless of facts. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    SGH said:
    Eating and farting. 
    Two of my very favorites.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    SGH said:
    Eating and farting. 
    Two of my very favorites.
    Guessing that's why no more tent camping?
  • blind99
    Options
    Trying to get a 16 lb packer in the fridge

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    Raging River Salmon in an alder wood wrap. 

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Reading unit specs for tomorrow AM's/ most of the day Margarita machine(s) start-up and test at a local restaurant's soft opening. And the worst part...I have to test the brix ratio with my refractometer and taste test to ensure texture. Sometimes multiple taste tests are required :wink: 
    Mine was a bit over a $150 but, it's a must and I don't believe in substandard test instruments. 
    Just for fun. 
    https://youtu.be/QvRSKiCabJo
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,051
    Options

lousubcap said:
    @Ozzie_Isaac - Sounds like a conversation with SWMBO...that is a no-win regardless of facts. 
    Worse.  The man.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Never thought I'd ever own a Harley but sometimes you just stumble on a deal you can't pass up.  

2009 HD 1200.  Not running.  Been sitting a year and a half since last started.  

Guy said it had about 5000 miles.  What a liar.

KBB has it around $6500.  I paid $2750.  Polishing up nicely.  

edited January 2016
    Options
    Used to have to take clients to Wisconsin fairly regularly to a high speed door company. One group wanted to tour the Harley Davidson plant. Fascinating place. While we were there, we got a glimpse of them refurbishing Hitler's Harley behind closed doors. Interesting.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Dredger said:
    Used to have to take clients to Wisconsin fairly regularly to a high speed door company. One group wanted to tour the Harley Davidson plant. Fascinating place. While we were there, we got a glimpse of them refurbishing Hitler's Harley behind closed doors. Interesting.
    That's creepy-weird.
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Options
    That's creepy-weird.

More than creepy-weird. On another trip, our group had a little time before dinner at the club, so the driver decided to drive by Jeffrey Dohmer's place that was scheduled for demolition that week so the group could see where he lived. One of the guys asked me if it creeped me out and I told him that I didn't notice any female victims on his list. It was tough being a female in a mostly male industry, lol. Wisconsin is a fascinating place.

Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Never thought I'd ever own a Harley but sometimes you just stumble on a deal you can't pass up.  

2009 HD 1200.  Not running.  Been sitting a year and a half since last started.  

Guy said it had about 5000 miles.  What a liar.

KBB has it around $6500.  I paid $2750.  Polishing up nicely.  

That's one sweet lookin' donor-cycle brother.  The boxter left you wanting?  Come on brother.  You and me gonna chat at the butt blast my friend! =)
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @bgebrent

Was dusty and surface rusty when I bought it.  Little polishing and it looks like new.  Could not find a single scratch in the paint....the tires still have the fuzzies on them.  I'm astounded it has 856 miles on the odometer.  Guy told me it was around 5k.  Need to change oil, drain old fuel and put in a new battery.   I'll keep yall updated.

The BMW bike is getting there.  I rebuilt the front master cylinder the other day, ruptured a brake line while bleeding.  Not surprising on a 17 year old bike.  Bought all new SS braided brake lines, will put them on this weekend.

We'll talk, my friend!
    Options
    @bgebrent

We'll talk, my friend!
    I look forward to it brother!
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @nolaegghead - Better to be lucky than good any day.  Great score right there.