Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wednesday Wok'n - Beef Lo Mein

Options
First take at a wok'd Beef Lo Mein.  The wife and I have been trying to manage the intake per some of my recent posts, so this one is pretty loaded up with veggies, and I used whole wheat linguine in comparison to the traditional lo mein noodle.

Rough estimates on ingredients as I had a bunch of stuff that I threw together to load this up:

1. 1lb flank steak
2. 12oz whole wheat linquine
3. Couple cups of cabbage
4. A Carrot
5. 1/2 bell pepper
6. Maybe 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms (like 4 big Shiitake mushrooms)
7. 1/2 red onion
8. 1/2-3/4 cup sugar snap peas
9. 3 eggs
10. Few cloves of garlic.
11. Meat marinated for a bit in a soy sauce, corn starch, sesame oil mix.
12. Final sauce was:
     - Couple tbsp each of dark soy, shaoxing wine, 
     - 1 tbsp regular soy
     - Couple pinches of sugar
     - 1 tbsp Sriracha (adjust for your liking - this is a weak heat)
13. Pinch of scallion over top (serving)

Wok process is consistent with what I normally do, which is cook the proteins, remove, cook the veggies, remove, cook the eggs, remove, cook the noodles, add the sauce and mix, add everything else back and mix, remove and enjoy.

Enjoy!

Comments

• chuckytheegghead
    Options
    Nice! looks delicious
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    You did good!!!  That's a nice plate

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,237
    Options
    That looks delicious - thanks for sharing!
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    That looks fantastic! 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Another wok cook - whoop! This looks really good friend. Thanks for posting. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon