Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL
    Looks awesome brother. I'm making homemade onion rings as well as we speak. You know what they say; "Great minds".

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @SGH I'd like to take credit however, it was ALL @HuddleHouseCook
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Lit said:
    @botch my large DO is a fryer so it has the ridges on the bottom.
    Interesting, I've seen ridges like that in grill pans, but never at the bottom of a dutch oven.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• mgd_egg
    mgd_egg Posts: 476
    Options

The brisket that went on last night.  This will be going into chili for SWMBO's office chili cook off.  We are going to try @EggObsessed recipe.  Can't wait to try it! 

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1163322/award-winning-smoked-brisket-chili-from-salado-eggfest-after-party-2014#latest
    Lg & MM BGE, Humphrey’s Battle Box | Palatine, Illinois  
  • EggObsessed
    Options
    @mgd_egg:  Good luck with the cook off!!  Let me know how it turns out.

Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • mgd_egg
    mgd_egg Posts: 476
    Options
    @EggObsessed Will do!  Thanks for sharing the recipe! 
    Lg & MM BGE, Humphrey’s Battle Box | Palatine, Illinois  
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I just shoveled my neighbor's deck and got yelled at by his next-door neighbor-**** because some of the snow was landing in her yard.

She is an Eagles fan so I'm not surprised.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    blind99 said:
    @yemtrey there's lots of good info on the avsforum site.  If you already know all this stuff I apologize - i found the audyssey 101 information useful:

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-receivers-amps-processors/795421-official-audyssey-thread-faq-post-51779-a-1726.html#post21782993
    @blind99
    @Ozzie_Isaac

Man, I'm still messing around with this thing and so far am in love with it.  I have everything hooked up and running.  Added Amazon Firestick, my Google Chromecast, PS4, etc to it.  Just added my XM subscription to it.  Currently sitting here listening to the Grateful Dead channel.  So far it has exceeded my expectations.
    It was painful to unplug my Sony SACD player from my old receiver.  I still have to research and figure out a new player for that piece. 

Cheers!
    @blind99
    @Ozzie_Isaac

Well, this is fun.  Questioning why I didn't do this sooner.  Still tweaking the receiver.  Had a bit of an audio delay setting to change.  Just picked up a Sony Multi format player that will play my blu's, 3d blu's and my SACD, blu ray audio stuff, etc.  So super excited to get that in and hooked up.  Also bought some new SACD/Blu Ray Audio, just because.  Eric Clapton/BB King -Riding with the King, Allman Brothers-Brothers and Sisters, and Allman Brothers-Idlewild South.  The Idlewild South looks amazing with a upgraded release of the Ludlow Garage show and the Idlewild South album in 5.1 sound!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Just picked up my cook for the Super Bowl. Going to store it in my Yeti 1000 until I put it on the rotisserie for my XL
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,391
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @WeberWhoDang-that is a true gift from the heart.  I hope they enjoy them as much as you had fun going thru the process to gift them.  You will ruin them for anything else going forward.  Now you will have to keep the supply-chain open on demand ;).
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Trifecta , jerky beer pasta

Seattle, WA
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    SkinnyV said:

Great looking pasta brother.  Jerky, yep!  Looks fine.  Nothing like great homemade grub and you got you some!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    Ryan Bingham in 6 minutes! Can't fricken wait!!!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Saw this on the good whiskey shelf at the bottle shop.  Someone vandalized a perfectly good bottle of cherry whiskey, made me LOL.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,391
    Options
    @Legume - around 10-12 years or so ago you really could walk in and buy it...at least thru the 12 year old on a routine basis and the 15 was on the shelf more than not.  And then the bourbon craze took off and the rest is...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    Thanks! @lousubcap

I'm hoping they enjoy them. I should have sealed them at the 45 day mark but I was out of food saver bags. With me being lazy and forgetting to grab them the strip stayed an extra week plus in the fridge. Hopefully his bride isn't too scared. =)
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Booked a hotel in Chicago.  Gonna take my Girl's there for Valentine's Day weekend, 15th -18th.  Can't wait.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Just got my new kitchen shears. Look pretty solid.
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Woweee. Yea they look solid!
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • SGH
    Options
    SkinnyV said:

You are killing me brother V. But in a good way my friend. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    Lit said:
    Can I borrow those to give Nola a haircut ;)
    Great looking shears for sure.  

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Lit said:
    Does that say RTIC on the box ;)

Status- Standing by.

• Lit
    Options
    SGH said:
    Lit said:
    Does that say RTIC on the box ;)
    No they showed up a day early.
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Punching in on the time clock
  • Lit
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    Punching in on the time clock
    Did you accidentally spell out wrong?
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    You're killing me @lit.  I want some shears just like that.  So I went to Amazon, searched for Tojiro shears, found them, and this is the product description  :) ROFL

Product Description

Name supporting role of kitchen that investigated the ease of use. Input regret even kitchen scissors even without the pursuit of sharpness gained with a kitchen knife is wisteria Jiro. It has turned out the kitchen shears that you can use it enough for business use. And food to prevent slipping along the blade, is subjected to processing Giza blade to blade surface fine and show feelings to feel fine in the day-to-day use. I adopt a favorable separate structure hygiene. It can be can be divided easily clasp portion, drop neatly circle the dirt which tends accumulate on the inside of the blade. It is designed so as not to come off the normal disconnected, since deviate by extended to an angle that does not normally use the blade opening angle, never to be aware that it is a separate formula.
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • Lit
    Options
    @TN_Egger that is one of the funniest things I have ever read. I got them off amazon but didn't even read the description I checked the reviews on chefknivestogo. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,187
    Options
    Having a couple of HVAC units replaced tomorrow. Throwing on a butt now for the installers' lunch tomorrow.