Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

XXL FOR SALE

Options
It is only about a 3 hour drive for me.  I could really use the grid space for hamburgers for large gatherings. . .  :)

http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/for/5405784335.html

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
Grand Rapids MI

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Sweet- only about $500 more than what they are selling for at dealers these days.  From what I have heard on here, the dealer asking price has dropped to about $3500.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Would be kinda fun...
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I didn't see mention of the warranty, no way I'm spending 4k on another rig, and if I did it wouldn't be another egg - especially without a warranty.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Pass
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    edited January 2016
    Options
    You can get a custom built Shirley Fabrication 24x65 with 3 racks and warmer and high btu burners on a trailerfor that kind of money!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,174
    Options
    You can get a custom built Shirley Fabrication 24x65 with 3 racks and warmer and high btu burners on a trailerfor that kind of money!

Yes, but do they have a forum where you can be devastated?
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options

True... Then instead of a trailer smoker. Get 4 XL eggs!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,174
    Options

I have one medium. Guess I'm under equipped. Went to the mothership and saw one of those limited edition XXLs...crazy.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options

I have one medium. Guess I'm under equipped. Went to the mothership and saw one of those limited edition XXLs...crazy.
    Saw the XXL for the first time at the Athens Texas Eggfest. It was rolled onto a pallet then fork lifted into the truck/trailer. What a beast...
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    Wondering out loud here as I really don't know - but what is the diameter of a XXL as compared to the far FAR cheaper largest Weber that I think is called the Rancher or something like that?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    I would like to do a suckling pig on one!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,771
    edited January 2016
    Options
    for 4000 dollars i think i could build an outdoor woodfired oven =)

outdoor stone oven

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    RRP said:
    Wondering out loud here as I really don't know - but what is the diameter of a XXL as compared to the far FAR cheaper largest Weber that I think is called the Rancher or something like that?
    Ranch Kettles are 37.5" grates where the XXL is a 29" grate. A new ranch kettle is $1300.  I've looked at those for years but never even been interested in one. I can't imagine the burns reaching over that much coal to flip a burger in the back!
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Yeah, this is one I'd forego a craigslist deal for a warranty.  Anything breaks on that one and it's going to be a pain and costly to replace.

I still think it's BS that a "lifetime" warranty is only for the original purchaser.  If these things last forever, there's no reason not to warranty them forever as they pass through generations in a family.  If they want to be anal about the receipt.....fine (even though I think that's BS too because there are no "counterfeit" BGEs.)  You should be able to gift or bequest it someone with the warranty staying in force.  Take a page from the firearm industry--product liability last forever, so warranty your product forever regardless of who owns it.  I'll get off my soapbox.....  B)
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    I would buy one of each egg and then am offset for that. No thanks 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    I paid 3600.00 for mine assembled and delivered with a full warranty from my dealer. And that was when they first came out.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    RRP said:
    The XXL is listed as having a 30" diameter grill. The Weber Rancher Kettle back calculates to a 37.5" diameter.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• badinfluence
    Options
    As a XXL owner I say skip it. There are much better cookers on the market for the same price. If you really want to spend that amount spend a bit more and get a Kamari Komodo. (Here comes the buffalo)
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • badinfluence
    Options
    I did text him and he did say 4K o.b.o. Seeing the pic I'm guessing he is a dealer so warranty should be there. If you really want it go 3k and don't go over 3.5k with warranty. Just my .02

Clinton, Iowa
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    Rumor has it that the local BGE dealer in town would let his go for 3k
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options

Where did she go anyway? Nice got job? Haha
    Seattle, WA