Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

NFL FINAL FOUR - SUPER BOWL TEAMS -OT

Options

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    MJG said:
    Botch said:
    Back from the Sundance Film Festival, glad to see the Broncos took it.  With a 2-point lead at finish, had I been home to watch it it'd gone the other way.

You're Welcome!   ;)

No favorite in the Cards/cats game, just enjoying it and a cold beer or two.  
    If you didn't watch the game you are not a fan. Perhaps a bandwagon fan but that's about it. 
    I can accept that.   :)

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I use the same method and the results vary. No guarantee, but zero wrong with respecting superstition!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Don't count out manning just yet.
    Brother Ron, as much as I would like to see Peyton win it, the end is a foregone conclusion. Carolina is going to massacre them. It won't even be worth watching. Especially for us Manning fans. I hope that I'm wrong, but I think it's a done deal. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• YukonRon
    Options
    SGH said:
    YukonRon said:
    Don't count out manning just yet.
    Brother Ron, as much as I would like to see Peyton win it, the end is a foregone conclusion. Carolina is going to massacre them. It won't even be worth watching. Especially for us Manning fans. I hope that I'm wrong, but I think it's a done deal. 
    @SHH    Yeah, Scottie, I know. I really do know. It is tough for me. A Tennessee QB, or an Auburn QB. Is this hell or what? LOL.
    if Denver can play even in the first half, maybe?
    I know. Carolina is the most complete team in the NFL, perhaps since the Bears.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Manning with his weapons and their defense really worries me, I know that. Much respect for Manning here!
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Manning with his weapons and their defense really worries me, I know that. Much respect for Manning here!
    Somebody might outplay Manning, but nobody will out think him.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I like manning a lot- he seems like a great guy.  But "epic come back starts right here" is going to go as well as ping pong.  Really don't see this one being close. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Wolfpack said:
    I like manning a lot- he seems like a great guy.  But "epic come back starts right now" is going to go as well as ping pong.  Really don't see this one being close. 
    OK. Talking with my heart here, and forgive me for doing so. I know I might come out of this looking like an idiot. Ask My Beautiful Wife she knows me as no other way.
    But here is the thing; Denver got to the Super Bowl with their defense. They beat Brady twice. They beat him with a back up QB, they beat them with Manning. But they beat them twice with Defense. 
    I have said it a thousand times on this forum, and people beat me up for it. DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS.
    Carolina is a dream team, no doubt. They are as good as their record indicates. 
    Don't put a lot of stock in the win over the Cardinals. 
    I am taking nothing from the dominant performance in the game by Carolina, they kicked the snot out of the Cardinals. 
    I think Denver would have beat them just as bad. Carson Palmer had a magical year. He showed his real colors in the championship game.
    I still say, if Denver can hang in the first half, they got a shot, if not, then it will be a slaughter bowl. 
    I love this game, I really do. I have played and coached this game. It is all about match ups.
    Carson Palmer is not Peyton Manning.
    geez Peyton, don't let me down.
    2 weeks. My heart has left me with so many dumb ass decisions...,

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Wolfpack
    Options
    The game I put more stock in was the Hawks- they are a very solid proven team and it was same deal.  I have been wrong more times in my life than I care to revisit, plus I'm a panthers fan so fully understand the blinders I have on.  

Still, I just feel like the defense is going to put a lot of pressure on Manning and he tends to struggle under those situations.  He is going to see a lot of schemes and pressure coming from everywhere. Plus definately one and hopefully two of the best linebackers around not to mention a very solid corner. 

But it we will have to wait for the game to see- 

it it will be fun no matter what.

Greensboro, NC
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Wolfpack said:
    The game I put more stock in was the Hawks- they are a very solid proven team and it was same deal.  I have been wrong more times in my life than I care to revisit, plus I'm a panthers fan so fully understand the blinders I have on.  

Still, I just feel like the defense is going to put a lot of pressure on Manning and he tends to struggle under those situations.  He is going to see a lot of schemes and pressure coming from everywhere. Plus definately one and hopefully two of the best linebackers around not to mention a very solid corner. 

But it we will have to wait for the game to see- 

it it will be fun no matter what.

Yeah. Right On, Brother.
    I Love, Love, Love this game!

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Pats fan, disappointed.  Manning looked sharp and their defense is like glue.  I bet on the old boy and his defense while appreciating Cam having fun.  Makes for a good matchup.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Wolfpack
    Options
    Just sad this is the last game till next year- hate when football is over.  Guess kids soccer will carry me through.
    Greensboro, NC
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Wolfpack said:
    Just sad this is the last game till next year- hate when football is over.  Guess kids soccer will carry me through.
    This is going to be be read as totally stupid, but, that is why I hike and summit until Football season. Takes all my focus, as does football season.
    i am truly simple minded.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Pats fan, disappointed.  Manning looked sharp and their defense is like glue.  I bet on the old boy and his defense while appreciating Cam having fun.  Makes for a good matchup.
    I think everyone that has followed Manning in his career, knows he is not the same Manning even 3 years ago. This is a brutal sport, played by the greatest athletes on earth. It amazes me how good the worst teams are.
    That being said,  Cam Newton is the game changer. It reminds of the Ravens - 49ers match up a couple years ago. Capernick vs the Ravens Defense, and the absolute non bad call in the end zone that won it for the Ravens.
    If the Broncos can hang in the first half, they will have a shot. If they can't, it will be very over, very bad, very soon.
    i am hoping for a great game. 
    Carolina Folks, you have had one of the best years ever. Getting the Super Bowl is very cool. Wish you the best.
    Denver, you have been there done that. It will take all you got to get this one.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Just general banter here.  Denver has an awesome defense, not doubt.  It speaks on paper as being the number one defense.  Does it stack up to the NFC defenses (Panthers, Hawks, Cards)?  Guess we'll see shortly, but will be interesting to see.  

Really on paper, Denver could possibly be the favorite here though.  Their receiving core really scares me, a lot!  

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • YukonRon
    Options

@GATraveller That is funny!

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    @henapple Bellicheck fired his O line coach

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    @henapple Bellicheck fired his O line coach
    Couldn't tell they had one!!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    .....and it's another Palmer interception!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • YukonRon
    Options
    .....and it's another Palmer interception!
    That is funny. I almost choked from laughing so hard!

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    SGH said:
    Carolina is going to massacre them. It won't even be worth watching.  I think it's a done deal.

With All Due Respect. 
    https://youtu.be/87owPwmuMRM
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • YukonRon
    Options
    It's in the Geneva convention, look it up.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    It'd be cool for Payton to get a ring, but I don't really care one way or the other.

The important thing: the NE Cheaters won't be there!   =)

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • YukonRon
    Options
    I do think it is cool how the children line up on the rails each time the panthers get to the red zone. Way better than the Lambeau Leap.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    Joke of the week in AZ:

Did you know Carson Palmer is an accomplished baker?

His specialty is TURNOVERS!
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Oh boy.  Here we go. I never liked the guy, all the way back even when he was with Cincinnati. If I remember correctly, is contract stipulated the Bengals had to keep his brother on the team as a back up QB. That guy was a uniformed clipboard holder, at best. P.O'ed a bunch of Bengals players in that era.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    It may just be me but I find nothing that Cam Newton does to be genuine....everything seems calculated and contrived.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA