Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Any East Coast Eggers Have Blizzard Cooks Planned?

Options
2»

Comments

• MrWilliams
    Options
    admiral21 that made my day!!  Was that your first post?
    I'm going to do ribs.  Only supposed to get 2 - 6 inches.  Can't wait to try the snowblower that i purchase over the summer.  Also going to put my new table saw to work.  Looking forward to some imposed home time.
    XL BGE & Mini - CT USA
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    I'm going to make a pot roast tomorrow and chili Sunday. Snowboarding in a few feet of East Coast "powder" is in my near future.

@Eggcelsior, where do you go?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• PSC
    PSC Posts: 148
    Options
    stay safe guys!!
    mid 60º's forecasted where I am now, so I don't envy you.  =)
  • ncaito
    ncaito Posts: 30
    Options

In Northern Virginia we are getting smacked right now. Up to 4 inches at the moment and expecting anywhere between 1-3 feet total.

The large and MM are loaded with fresh charcoal and I'm planning to do chicken thighs tonight, deer jerky tomorrow morning and some ribs in the afternoon. Our power tends to go out with these types of storms so the eggs will be warm and ready all weekend.

Stay warm!

Brandy Station, VA Egghead

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    8 inches of snow on the ground, and the ribs and beans are still rolling.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • grill4us
    grill4us Posts: 100
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm planning a turkey breast.  Actually it was my husband's idea.  I just went out to prep the egg and it is frozen shut.  So I'm working on getting that problem resolved and then prepping the egg tonight.  Forecast has us getting 12 to 18 inches as well with blizzard-like conditions.  Planning on pulling the egg closer to the house because we'll probably be losing power and we'll have to rely on the egg for our meals.  That is the only reason we have the egg.  The two years we lost power for a few weeks and lost everything from the refrigerator because we have electric for cooking - the second time it happened was the year my husband agreed to letting me get my egg.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    I'm going for the Gold again at midnight. Weather be damned
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
  • grillwell
    Options
    grill4us said:
    I'm planning a turkey breast.  Actually it was my husband's idea.  I just went out to prep the egg and it is frozen shut.  So I'm working on getting that problem resolved and then prepping the egg tonight.  Forecast has us getting 12 to 18 inches as well with blizzard-like conditions.  Planning on pulling the egg closer to the house because we'll probably be losing power and we'll have to rely on the egg for our meals.  That is the only reason we have the egg.  The two years we lost power for a few weeks and lost everything from the refrigerator because we have electric for cooking - the second time it happened was the year my husband agreed to letting me get my egg.

Had to use my wife's hair dryer to get my lose a few days ago.  Have fun, stay warm and fed.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    3 hours in. Outside temp 18F, wind gusting at 42 mph. 225F and rocking, beans beneath.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • BrookieP
    BrookieP Posts: 135
    Options
    Porterhouse steaks tonight. And salmon tomorrow if we can't get out for a friend's birthday celebration.
    XL BGE & 36" Blackstone
    Instagram: BGEBrooke
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    It just started here...   :grimacing: 

--------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Eggscuses
    Eggscuses Posts: 399
    Options
    admiral21 said:
    Got my baby ready for Saturday night smoke.

Ooohhh that's such a cute baby.
  • sctdg
    sctdg Posts: 301
    Options
    At some time this weekend the warmest thing I will be outside with will be my 3 Stage 30 inch Cub Cadet monster blowing snow .The only thing I will be turning over outside that is warm is a 14 horse power engine on the blower .
  • dfrelich
    dfrelich Posts: 104
    Options
    :-)

Had my dinner off the egg.  Started with russet potatoes, roasted green beans & red peppers followed by pan seared skirt steak.

Dinner would not happen, if theres not a path to the backyard for my guest's two little lap dogs.  
    X-Large & Large
    Frederick County, MD
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    @Foghorn I am a Ski Patroller at Liberty Mountain Resort in Fairfield, PA
  • pescadorzih
    Options
    Pulled some chili out of the freezer for Saturday dinner. Have a half slab of spare ribs for Sunday dinner on the egg.
    Just chillin and watching the snow fall with a glass of Four Roses.
    SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset
  • EggonLI
    Options
    Got the xl egg loaded with lump and cherry chunks and throwing a 5# Chuck Roast on in the AM.  Going to use the Oakridge Black Ops Brisket rub.  Calling for 60MPH gusts and 12-18" tmrw.
  • SmokingPiney
    SmokingPiney Posts: 2,282
    Options
    I have 10" on the ground now, looking at 8 or more to follow. As as soon as it gets daylight, I'm digging my way to the Egg and firing it up.  
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    @Foghorn I am a Ski Patroller at Liberty Mountain Resort in Fairfield, PA
    @Eggcelsior  I am PSIA certified.  Between that and fishing in the summer, that is how I came up with my name. 

Have fun in the snow.  Hope you have a bunch of bumps on the mountain. Nothing like good bumps with fresh powder on them. It is jumping cloud to cloud. 
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • SmokingPiney
    Options
    NASTY outside................but the Egg is up and running with a butt. 

Hell of a test / first use of the Flame Boss. It's rock steady on temp.  =)

South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • Davec433
    Davec433 Posts: 463
    Options
    It'll be my first attempt at Pizza today. I have the dough in the beer fridge using the Artisan Bread in 5 minutes a day recipe but with whole wheat flour. I'll post pictures when I cook it.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Davec433 said:
    It'll be my first attempt at Pizza today. I have the dough in the beer fridge using the Artisan Bread in 5 minutes a day recipe but with whole wheat flour. I'll post pictures when I cook it.
    Be sure to take the dough out of the fridge at least 2 hours before you try to shape the pie. Leave it covered, but it needs to warm up. Good luck!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• SGrabs33
    Options
    Thanks @SmokingPiney for the recipe, it turned out pretty good. Some of the pieces were not quite as tender as I was expecting but still very good. Should I have covered the tins when I put them back in with the sauce? Maybe that would have steamed them a bit. Good chance I left them on a little too long also. I guess I will have to try the cook again.

Cooked @ 300 and pulled @ 170 to cut and sauce. 

Left: Stick Fingers Carolina Classic
    Right: 
    Sweet Baby Ray's

Plated with bagged coleslaw, and homemade mac and baked beans. Thanks to the wife for those.

Raleigh, NC
  • SmokingPiney
    Options
    @SGrabs33 - great looking cook! 
  • fruitguy
    fruitguy Posts: 303
    Options
    admiral21 said:
    Got my baby ready for Saturday night smoke.

nice 1st post