Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Doing my first pizza - any receipes, suggestions, tips?[p]thanks

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    gugshie,
    We did our first pizza last weekend and it turned out awesome. [p]We bought pizza dough from Publix bakery (let set room temp for about an hour) and just top it w/ your favorites. Ours was homemade basil pesto sauce, mozzarella, parm, shrooms, grilled chicken and little ricotta in spots. Cooked on the pizza stone in the BGE and the crust turned out perfecto and the taste to die for. [p]Not sure what temp or for how long I want to say it was a high temp maybe 400 and for about 15min just keep an eye on it don't wonder way to far.[p]Good luck

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    gugshie,
    You can see 1 way I do mine on my website in the cooks section..[p]Wess

[ul][li]WessB`s[/ul]
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    gugshie,
    Here's a link to my pizza hints and tips:[p]TNW

[ul][li]Pizza Hints and Tips[/ul]
    The Naked Whiz
  • Q-Scoop
    Q-Scoop Posts: 59
    Options
    The most important thing I learned is to preheat your pizza stone and put some cornmeal on it. That way the dough won't stick to the stone. I cook mine at around 550 for about 10 minutes. Good luck! Catherine