Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Dizzy Pig Rub

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,674
just got a sample CROSSROADS, a new Dizzy Pig Rub. Can't wait to give it a try. 

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Options
    Standing by for the reviews!!
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options

Morning Mickey:

Got my sample today too...will use it on a couple chicken breasts this evening!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Mickey
    Options
    SSN686 said:

Morning Mickey:

Got my sample today too...will use it on a couple chicken breasts this evening!

Normally they post suggestions for the cook. I was guessing beef but chicken sounds good. I opened and tasted; makes me think beef. Very good. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888
    Options
    Interesting. Always enjoyed their stuff but most was just bland or tasted like the others. 

Interested to read some feedback and maybe pick up a sample when it shows up locally. 
    -FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Mine arrived today as well, not sure what I'll try it on.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • BrookieP
    BrookieP Posts: 135
    Options
    Tried it the other day. I can't wait to use it on ribs!
    XL BGE & 36" Blackstone
    Instagram: BGEBrooke
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    edited January 2016
    Options

Are ya'll on a list or something?  How are you getting these samples?

Phoenix 
  • Mickey
    Options
    blasting said:

Are ya'll on a list or something?  How are you getting these samples?

We are just special =)
    No, been long time customers. 

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    It looks promising!  I planned my summer vacations 2 years ago in Manassas (14 hours drive from Ottawa) just to have an excuse to visit Dizzy Pig.  Does that qualify me to join the list to get those pre-release samples? :)

I have to disagree with some of the opinions expressed by previous posters.  Most Dizzy Pig rubs are fantastic and everything but bland.

My favorite is Raging River.  I use it on everything from chicken to pork and vegetables. It is good on cheese and in eggs.  I also use it as a rimmer for Bloody Caesars/Mary.

Options
    paqman said:

My favorite is Raging River.  I use it on everything from chicken to pork and vegetables. It is good on cheese and in eggs.  I also use it as a rimmer for Bloody Caesars/Mary.
    Geez! I too LOVE Raging River, but I never thought of using it as a rimmer for my Bloody Bulls! Gotta try that soon! BTW speaking of Bloody Bulls/Mary's I posted this today:
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1191206/how-to-garnish-a-bloody-bull-my-way-whats-yours#latest
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Mickey
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @Nature Boy what are your thoughts for this?

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    thanks for the reminder... i had been meaning to order the sampler pack.  $10 for 5 kinds, shipped.  i really like the regular dizzy pig, so i'm looking forward to trying some new flavors!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Mickey
    Options
    Picked up a thin t-bone and used the Crossroads. I had tasted with my finger and very good. Then I got to much on the steak, lots more heat than the taste gave. So go lightly, more heat than it seems. But good. 

• EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    Options
    I do not like when DP puts out new rubs...It costs me money.

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Picked up a thin t-bone and used the Crossroads. I had tasted with my finger and very good. Then I got to much on the steak, lots more heat than the taste gave. So go lightly, more heat than it seems. But good. 
    Mine just arrived today so I haven't gotten beyond the finger taste stage. My buds tingled with heat which lingered for a while. Thanks for your insight though I already knew I'd go lite first time. Chris C hasn't laid an egg yet and I'm sure Crossroads will gain a spot along with his other rub formulations that are so popular.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Mickey said:
    @Nature Boy what are your thoughts for this?
    Howdy @Mickey !
    Sorry for the delay. Was out winter camping in WV and had to abort the mission due to the blizzard. Since then been shoveling out!!!

Crossroads is the culmination of everything I have learned competing and cooking for 14 years. It meant going back to the roots, working with simple ingredients, and getting the perfect balance for "traditional" BBQ. So think the 4 competition categories…..Chicken, Ribs, Pork Shoulder, and Brisket. Really though, it is good on a lot of stuff, but my thought process in developing the recipe was good ol' American BBQ flavor, done the best way we know how.

Hope you enjoy!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Used it tonight to sous vide pork chops and torch finish. Entire family likes it. I think I'll be trying it on chicken as soon as it's released for sale, the sample pack is gone. We sprinkled the rest on the pork chops after it was sliced.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker