Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New And Learning from SE Texas

Options
jimintx
jimintx Posts: 2
edited January 2016 in EggHead Forum
Hello all -
After years of thinking about getting a ceramic egg, I no longer have to think about it.  My wife bought one for my Christmas gift.  I admit right up for that it isn't a BGE, rather it is a Kamado Joe Classic she bought from a very good Ace hardware near us that carries both brands. I'm already super pleased with it, and will consider adding a smaller mini size before too long.  So far my cooks have only been ribs and steaks, but they have been fabulous and fairly easy to accomplish with the KJ.

I'm a fairly experienced outdoor cook, but am not yet very far along the learning curve for the ceramic egg.  I have joined several forums to seek info, and am very happy to now be able to participate in this one.

Hope 2016 is off to a great year for all the eggheads!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Kamado Joe Classic & Weber Original Kettle
Weber S-330 & Coleman Roadtrip
~ ~ ~

Comments

• platypusrex
    Options
    Congrats, and welcome aboard! 
    LBGE, platesetter, Stoker wifi, StokerX Mac software, Pit Pal for iOS, @HerringBigEgg on Twitter, joined forum in 2008
    Austin, TX
  • Dfoshee
    Dfoshee Posts: 191
    Options
    Welcome 
    Lbge. Maverick 733, ss top, 30" fire pit, gas grill, small charcoal grill, electric smoker, 65 qt yeti, 35 qt yeti.
  • SmokingPiney
    SmokingPiney Posts: 2,282
    Options
    Welcome!
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    You are welcome here......and likly only time before you expand with an egg. Join right in.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.  You likely have landed in the forum with more ceramic cooking info than the others combined.  Ask questions and you will get answers.  One thing you will quickly realize is that there are usually several "right" answers to your query.  That's the beauty of the ceramics.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Welcome. Now get to a few EggFests this summer and you will shorten the learning curve by 75%
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    what city are you in
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• jimintx
    Options
    I just realized there is no location entry on the profile options here on this forum.  I am in the west-Memorial part of Houston.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Kamado Joe Classic & Weber Original Kettle
    Weber S-330 & Coleman Roadtrip
    ~ ~ ~
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,732
    Options
    Welcome!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    Options
    jimintx said:
    I just realized there is no location entry on the profile options here on this forum.  I am in the west-Memorial part of Houston.
    Welcome. You can add a signature and include your location in that.  Makes it easier to answer questions when we know where you live.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA