Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Am I glad I married her!

Options
1move
1move Posts: 516
edited April 2015 in EggHead Forum
We took a road trip down to Seattle as we had a friends and family reunion, we also have a little guy on the way so our trip focused on purchasing some stuff for him as it is a lot more affordable in the U.S. than Canada! Last time we went on Vacation to Seattle I purchased an XL and we came back to Seattle again and I decided to stop by a BGE dealer as we were passing by. Thinking I will just maybe get a rib rack for the XL and do some ribs when I get back. So my wife walks in and asks the sales guy if they had the mini max so we can take a look as we talked about it before. He said we do not have one on display and only have one left in stock that came in the day before. She turns to me and says since you have a BGE the baby needs one to learn from his dad. Needless to say we walked out with a mini max, a plate setter and a rib rack! :o=)B)  We are still on vacation but when I get back and set it up I'll be sure to post some photos! 

I have been all smiles ear to ear the entire trip! 
XLBGE, MMBGE, CyberQ

Comments

• WyBBQer
    WyBBQer Posts: 66
    Options
    Great story I like it when egging is a family event. Wife is a real keeper
    1 LBGE & 1 MMBGE
    Lingle, WY
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Congrats on the baby!  Your wife's a keeper!
    Flint, Michigan
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Very cool! #keeperforsure
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Congradulations on the new born and the mini max. Two great gifts in a row from your wife. Just doesn't get much better than that. Enjoy them both sir. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    OK - where are you? Assume you must be from BC - how about registering on the eggheads everywhere site (here on this forum) so we can get our BC numbers up. 

Great story - bringing the wee one up right! ;)
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Hmm...Your wife needs to talk to my wife. 
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options

oh, definitely keep her.

Next baby may get you a XXL :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    caliking said:

oh, definitely keep her.

Moving towards XXX?

I kid, I kid.  I have a dirty mind.
    Options
    caliking said:

oh, definitely keep her.

Moving towards XXX?

I kid, I kid.  I have a dirty mind.

that statement would read "XXX may get you the next baby..." :smiley:

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    You are a lucky man! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Rzeancak
    Rzeancak Posts: 193
    Options
    Some guys have all the luck.  Kids and a wife is the best thing that happened to me
    A child can ask questions a wise man can't answer!!!
    Canada
    Large @ Small BGE 

• Eggaroo
    Eggaroo Posts: 417
    Options
    Congratulations! ...on your future little guy and your new baby egg. Your story is similar to mine in that I went to my local Ace to buy dog food and walked out with a new XL BGE because my wife "talked me into it". :rofl: Gotta love her!
    Greenwood, IN | XL BGE | Weber Genesis | Blackstone 28 | bunch of accessories  =)
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Reading that brings a tear to my eye.   Congrats on the baby, new Egg and great wife/marriage.   Enjoy!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    That's killer.  Says a lot for your cooking if she's pushing the purchase of another!!  Bravo Sir.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • 1move
    Options
    Thanks for all the love guys, much appreciated! I am in Alberta, drove 12.5 hours with her 8 months pregnant to make it to this reunion. She couldn't fly and we both love road trips! She is a pretty cool wife, I might make some of you a little jealous if I say we also fly fish together :) 

I tend to cook year round on the egg and it does not matter if it's +30 or -30 outside, you just can't compare the taste to anything else. I am way too excited to get home and put it together!
    XLBGE, MMBGE, CyberQ
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Soooo let me get this straight here....

She waltzes into the store and asks for the Mini-Max.... 

She turns and says the baby needs it... 

She buys it.... 

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • 1move
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Soooo let me get this straight here....

She waltzes into the store and asks for the Mini-Max.... 

She turns and says the baby needs it... 

She buys it.... 

Yes sir! I was busy looking at a salt block and a Rib rack before I even realized what was happening! I thought maybe I can get the salt block and was trying to think off excuses why I need it... That soon fell off my radar as I realized what was happening. 
    XLBGE, MMBGE, CyberQ
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    "Happy Wife ... Happy Life' ... you got a keeper!
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Better to be lucky than good any day!  Most eggcellent road trip.  Congrats all the way around.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bbqlearner
    bbqlearner Posts: 760
    Options
    Awesome - yep great wife indeed!

My wife also decided on the small and mini for me. It's always fun when everyone in the family loves what you do and appreciates it!!!

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• 1move
    Options
    This little guy has traveled two Ferries and a whole lot of miles. Still another 600 miles to go
    XLBGE, MMBGE, CyberQ
  • dcc
    dcc Posts: 90
    Options
    My wife surprised me with my first egg four years ago.  The whole family refers to it as 
    "the gift that keeps on giving".   You've got a keeper there.  Mine used to fish with me, but that stopped after the kids came along.  Now that the kids are gone, she stays home and quilts.  She likes the fish on the egg though. You'll love that MM.
    Houston (Clear Lake) TX
    2 LBGE, 1 Mini-Max

• nlovold
    nlovold Posts: 194
    Options

Great story!  Sounds like the start of a legacy!!

• 1move
    Options
    Sorry to revive an old thread, all this talk about the MiniMax made me think of my story and I can't believe it has been a year almost!!! The little guy is here and has already tasted food off "his" MiniMax and it has been nothing but a great addition to our little family!

hope all of you guys are doing great and keep on eggin'!!!!
    XLBGE, MMBGE, CyberQ
  • SmyrnaGA
    SmyrnaGA Posts: 438
    Options
    reviving an old thread:  Forgivable
    9 months and STILL no pix:  Unforgivable

Large BGE, Small BGE, KJ Jr, and a Cracked Vision Kub.

in Smyrna GA.

• slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Options
    Still waiting for the pictures... Unless that is... You are now sleeping on he couch and the wife is making you sleep on the couch...and she took your minimax back to the store... Then I totally understand
  • 1move
    Options
    My babies!!! I did post pictures in another thread :)
    XLBGE, MMBGE, CyberQ
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Both your babies are beautiful!!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    That kid is awesome.  I love the Oliver Twist getup he is wearing.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg.