Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

HEB you rule!

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,674
HEB is a Texas grocery chain and just found this today. You just have to ask and they will now bring in AGED BEEF. 

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• Eggpharmer
    Eggpharmer Posts: 482
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hey @Mickey -just a heads up,  they trim it back to red, taking all the good rind off.  Per the guy at the meat counter I talked to (at the one in Lakeway) they have to for "sanitary reasons"
    Austin, TX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Pretty sure they age all that at my store (Lakeway) I knew they had to be farming some of that stuff out. The case is huge. Way too big for one store.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Very cool. Man, I would love to have a nice grocery like that. The MS Gulf Coast has terrible groceries. And now Walmart Neighborhood Market is taking over down here. I drive to New Orleans to get groceries.  
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • FearlessTheEggNoob
    Options
    Nice. Might have to buy one and see what all the fuss is about.
    Gittin' there...
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    I'm super jealous of your selection of stores. Podunk GA is not a grocery Mecca
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    I buy their prime 1 steaks all the time and they are great. They cut them the way I want them too. 
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Nice. Might have to buy one and see what all the fuss is about.
    they are freaking awesome. you should check them out for sure. One of the best steaks I've ever had at home. Maybe the best.

• Plutonium
    Plutonium Posts: 230
    Options
    I miss HEB so bad since moving to Albuquerque a few years back.
    Albuquerque, NM - LBGE and an old rusted gasser that I use for accessory storage.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Plutonium said:
    we moved to WI for 6 years and we missed it every day. We actually opened a small market just to get good food. It was a horrible idea :)

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Plutonium said:
    we moved to WI for 6 years and we missed it every day. We actually opened a small market just to get good food. It was a horrible idea :)

I need to sit down over a case of beer with you. You have some stories...
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Thatgrimguy said:
     I drive to New Orleans to get groceries.  
    That my friend is called dedication to the craft. Or a man with to much time and money on his hands ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    Plutonium said:

I need to sit down over a case of beer with you. You have some stories...
    Ok, but we will need more beer and I prefer to stand. 
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,115
    Options
    Pretty sure they age all that at my store (Lakeway) I knew they had to be farming some of that stuff out. The case is huge. Way too big for one store.

We need to say hi one day,  I am in 4 points.  The lakeway store is okay but I was expecting a really nice store in your parts and I was underwhelmed.  
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Rectec RT-B380, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    SGH said:
    Thatgrimguy said:
     I drive to New Orleans to get groceries.  
    That my friend is called dedication to the craft. Or a man with to much time and money on his hands ;)
    My wife is getting her MBA at Tulane. Easy to stop in every other weekend while we are over there.  
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker went shooting in Cedar Park this morning with VI. On the way home I stopped in the big HEB at IKEA on I-35. They said the only one stocking to their knowledge was your Lakeway store. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Plenty of Mexican cuisine though!  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    Plenty of Mexican cuisine though!  
    And Carpet!
  • jimithing
    jimithing Posts: 254
    Options
    Central Market already has dry aged beef but as far as I know they don't specify how long it was aged.  I wonder if they'll do this at the Central Market's as well.  I wish we had regular HEB's in Dallas.  They own a lot of land around Dallas they just haven't built any stores yet.
    XL BGE
    Plano, TX