Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

NFL FINAL FOUR - SUPER BOWL TEAMS -OT

Options

Comments

• westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    sooooo, who has best defense statistically....i dont have any idea but lets see id the old axiom 'defense wins championships' holds true....

Cards shredded green bay a few weeks ago but pack was down a few linemen.   I honestly have not seen carolina play until sunday against seattle and carolina started strornh, then got shut out in 2nd half.  It seems as if that game lasted another 4 mins or so, seattle would win.  Cards are 7-1 on road this season

I think road teams get it done this weekend.  Cards over Carolina and pats over denver.  If im wrong ill be here to eat my words and whatever i make on the bge for the playoffs

as Ron Wolfley says, "If you mess with the bird, youre gonna get the beak...."   

GO ARIZONA!
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    I'm happy with any of the teams except the Spies and Deflaters. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    I'm happy with any of the teams except the Spies and Deflaters. 
    That only cuz you like Ben Rapelessburger.  Go Pats!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
  • nth78
    nth78 Posts: 154
    Options
    I'm for the NFC
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    i just want to see goodell hand that trophy over to brady and try to smile =)
    That would be awkward and fun
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Would absolutely LOVE to see that! As much to stick it to all the haters as to Goodell. Maybe more.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• lwrehm
    lwrehm Posts: 381
    Options
    As long as Ted Thompson keeps wanting to piss away every year of Roger's career but impersonating a 'fart in a bottle' once the draft is over I'm just going to enjoy some good games. 

If I had to put money on it, I would say Panthers over Broncos.
  • HendersonTRKing
    Options
    Panthers over Pats. Even tho I enjoyed watching the Broncos beat the Steelers on a beautiful day in Denver. 

It's a 302 thing . . .
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I hope the NFC and AFC championship games end in ties and they cancel the super bowl so I don't have to listen to everyone chatter about the stupid commercials around the water cooler.
    Options
    I hope the NFC and AFC championship games end in ties and they cancel the super bowl so I don't have to listen to everyone chatter about the stupid commercials around the water cooler.
    A few years ago, the last time the Packers won the SB, I watched it in Köln. The Hard Rock Cafe advertised they would host the event. It translated out to "Very Large American Football Contest." I was surprised how many locals showed up. The place was loaded, as were many other local establishments throughout the city. The broadcast was in German, and there were zero commercials. 

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • txhawkeye
    txhawkeye Posts: 279
    Options
    I think it will be Pats Panthers. Patriots  for the Super Bowl win. Not a big Broncos fan but I would really like to see the Manning and the Broncos win so Manning could end his career the way he deserves. He is a true legend and true professional. 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    There is nothing I hate more about the No Fun League than the Ginger Hammer. This is a perfect scenario. I'm hoping Brady holds his middle finger up in the Ginger's face while he accepts the trophy.
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    Pretty sure the owner accepts the trophy. Though Brady could get the MVP from Goodell

Ed Hochuli has a bias for home teams. Given the altitude, officiating, Denver defense, might be closer than I'd like. 

But Peyton is a shadow of his former self. Pats' D is pretty good and Brady has his near-full offensive compliment. Plus the better head coach. 

Hoping for for a blowout frankly. But probably a six point game

Brady will sling it all day. Pass rush won't get to him very much I hope. Can't sack him if the ball is gone already. 

[social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• Eggcelsior
    Options
    Pretty sure the owner accepts the trophy. Though Brady could get the MVP from Goodell

Ed Hochuli has a bias for home teams. Given the altitude, officiating, Denver defense, might be closer than I'd like. 

But Peyton is a shadow of his former self. Pats' D is pretty good and Brady has his near-full offensive compliment. Plus the better head coach. 

Hoping for for a blowout frankly. But probably a six point game

Brady will sling it all day. Pass rush won't get to him very much I hope. Can't sack him if the ball is gone already. 

Yes, I meant the MVP trophy
  • NC_Egghead
    Options
    Panthers
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    I love how everybody has already decided the Panthers vs Pats. Oh and how "Peyton is a shell of his former self". Yakety Yack!  I guess we'll see come Sunday. How do you like your crow?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    edited January 2016
    Options
    peyton has gone the way of the buffalo =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    If they didn't have commercials my wife would not watch the super bowl just the half time show....

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • YukonRon
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I love how everybody has already decided the Panthers vs Pats. Oh and how "Peyton is a shell of his former self". Yakety Yack!  I guess we'll see come Sunday. How do you like your crow?
    I have to tell you, I am a big fan of Danny Trevathian. Dude has a motor and is totally fearless. I am a fan of the Broncos, I coached a little league football team for 3 years, they were called the Broncos, undefeated twice, only lost 1 game. I hope they win, I hope they bring all they got, and then some. Peyton might be old and lost some zip on the long throws, but he he too, still has the ability to get them to the championship of the AFC. I am thinking he doing something right. All they need is a couple of breaks. Win the turnover category and not have a mistake on special teams and they could bring this home.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    Peyton has a noodle for a throwing arm. His defense has been winning for him

defense wins championships. But only if you can score some TDs yourself

i'd call his lowest passer rating (except rookie year) and by far the fewest TDs, to be a shadow of one's former self
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I have to tell you, I am a big fan of Danny Trevathian. Dude has a motor and is totally fearless. I am a fan of the Broncos, I coached a little league football team for 3 years, they were called the Broncos, undefeated twice, only lost 1 game. I hope they win, I hope they bring all they got, and then some. Peyton might be old and lost some zip on the long throws, but he he too, still has the ability to get them to the championship of the AFC. I am thinking he doing something right. All they need is a couple of breaks. Win the turnover category and not have a mistake on special teams and they could bring this home.
    Anything can happen, I thought Pittsburgh played the better game and they are at home this weekend!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @Darby_Crenshaw I respectfully disagree on Peyton having a "noodle for a throwing arm". There are always improvements needed. The ball has to be caught and held onto. D does bring home championships (totally agree!). Denver and New England both have excellent defense. Brady "Goat" has my respect on his ability to lead his team to wins. That said one of my favorite games to watch has always been The Broncos vs The Patriots even before these two QBs were playing the game. Sunday we'll see The Sheriff vs The Goat once again. I fully expect to watch an electrifying game. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    Broncos have the number one defense

in the playoffs, brady has faced the number one ranked defense three times 

he is 3-0 against them, averaging 30pts

• YukonRon
    Options
    Broncos have the number one defense

in the playoffs, brady has faced the number one ranked defense three times 

he is 3-0 against them, averaging 30pts

This is true.  

If it should come down to the fourth quarter, and the Patriots playing their butts off in lower levels of oxygen at higher altitude, I am thinking the 12th man (altitude) may indeed play a role. I think it will be close due to the Patriots needing to go to their bench more often to rest the starters.

I know I feel it when I am out there, and I am not running or blocking or fighting off blocks of 300+ pound linemen every play.  It takes a several weeks to get fully acclimated to the elevation.

In the playoffs, the Patriots have not played in Denver. They are about to. Should be a heck of a game.

You are right, it is the points you give up that beat you. 

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Eggcelsior
    Options

Good offenses win championships just as much as good defenses. The 2000 Ravens are the exception, not the rule.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Having a good offense AND defense wins championships.
    Options
    I gottta lean toward the Panthers.  Jonathan Stewart is a strong running back who played his college ball here at the U of Oregon and had a great career as a college player.  Got to watch all his home games.
    Go Panthers!
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • YukonRon
    Options
    If they can't score, they can't beat you. Strong defenses put up points too.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky