Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cold weather BGE-ing

2»

Comments

• bob.bud
    bob.bud Posts: 297
    12F currently, windchill makes it feel like -5, and the wind is starting to pick up. Egg does not care, and some bourbon does the trick for me.
    Bloomfield Hills, MI | LGBE : AR R & B Oval Combo w/Extender and Sliding D Grid : Kick Ash Basket : Smokeware Cap : Smobot Beta
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    -15 f.  I cooked a 20 pound beef shoulder clod  in the highlands of WV in January. Started at 10pm, went all night while I slept. One load of charcoal. The EGG rocked it. Done a fair amount of cooking outdoors but that was the king of cooks. Cheers!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • lakewade
    lakewade Posts: 385
    The first time I cooked on a BGE - and I loved it - was in Wisconsin in February 2008, and it was below zero as I remember.  Like negative 237 wind chill.  The BGE worked like a champ and I bought one a few weeks later back home in Texas.  

-----------
    I feel a whole lot more like I do now than I did when I got here.
  • Black_Badger
    Black_Badger Posts: 1,182
    lakewade said:
    Like negative 237 wind chill. 
    Around here we call that 'Brisk' (haha)!!!

B_B

Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI