Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

how long for turkey

edited 12:06AM in EggHead Forum
i am wondering how long does it take for 12lb turkey to cook on the wonderful BGE which me and my wife bought 2years ago in FL before moving to IN its the best money ive ever spent and also does anyone know of anywhere close to northwest IN that sells BGE and extras for it am wanting to buy another

·

Comments

• PujPuj Posts: 615
    pw,[p]Cook the bird approximately 15 minutes per pound at 325F - 350F. As always check the internal temp for doneness.[p]Puj
    ·
  • JJJJ Posts: 951
    pw,
    Enter your zip code in the box on the Forum's home page when you hit enter it will give the BGE dealers close to you.

·
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,336
    pw,
    Why don't you come on out to the Maryland eggfest in April. They have a killer deal...something like 489 (maybe less) with egg nest, thermometer, combo daisy and other goodies. You could enjoy good food, meet some great folks, and visit our nation's capital.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
  • pw, I put my practice bird on yesterday. 11.22lbs. Put on at 1:30 pulled off at 5:30. Sliced and had great turkey sandwiches today. I put a sliced apple and orange slices in the cavity. Really had a good flavor.[p]CWM
    ·
  • SloMoSloMo Posts: 21
    pw,
    At low & slow, 200-220*, estimate 1.25 to 1.50 hours per pound. Smoked a 7.5 lb. breast this weekend 10.5 hours at 200-220*.
    Slomo

·