Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Flame Boss 200

Options
Can't seem to get the FB to connect to my wi-fi. Probes etc. all working fine. just can't connect to my network. All other wi-fi connections in household seem to work fine. Have tried resetting password etc. HELP

Comments

• Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    edited January 2016
    Options

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• SmyrnaGA
    SmyrnaGA Posts: 438
    Options
    I've only used mine twice and both times I didn't put the meat probe in right.  First time, I hit bone and the temp went wild.  Second time I didn't put it in the center of the meat, a 14 lb brisket is not done after 4 hours...

Large BGE, Small BGE, KJ Jr, and a Cracked Vision Kub.

in Smyrna GA.

• BigKlu
    BigKlu Posts: 14
    Options
    Purchased and set-up a Flame Boss 200 today and it works great.  I am not super tech savvy but had no problem setting the unit up, connecting to the wifi and then connecting to my iPhone.  All this took about 30 minutes  I played with the temp and the grill before putting on some brats tonight letting the FB200 set temperatures at 250, 325 and 400.  I let the controller stabilize at each temp and dial into a stable point.  I plan to do a brisket this weekend to give out first live run.
    XL BGE, Akorn and one very old Ducane... 
    HUSKER Football, UK Basketball (Went to 2 good sports schools)  
    Washington Mo.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    andybarn said:
    Can't seem to get the FB to connect to my wi-fi. Probes etc. all working fine. just can't connect to my network. All other wi-fi connections in household seem to work fine. Have tried resetting password etc. HELP

I had some minor issues with setup. Maybe this will help:

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1183354/flame-boss-200-wifi-issue-resolved

Their support is top notch, so do email them if you still have problems.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • andybarn
    Options
    Thanks for the responses. I called Flame Boss and spoke with Kyle. Suggested I reboot my router, now working great. Don't know why I didn't try this first. DUH Thanks again
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,094
    Options
    andybarn said:
    Thanks for the responses. I called Flame Boss and spoke with Kyle. Suggested I reboot my router, now working great. Don't know why I didn't try this first. DUH Thanks again
    Thank you for following up with your resolution!  Glad it was resolved.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin