Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Would You Do?

Options
News2u
News2u Posts: 335
edited January 2016 in Off Topic

At Costco the other day while shopping for a brisket, I found this unattended, unopened box of batteries in the cart I grabbed before going into the store:

If you stumbled upon the $19.99 value, would you...

A) declare it  "finders keepers losers weepers" figuring any dumb-ass mofo that f??king stupid deserves what he gets?

B) turn the package into management's lost-and-found knowing no one cares 1 flying crap about a good samaritan?

C) look nervously around for video cameras, ultimately leaving the package for some other sorry-ass, indecisive schlep to ponder?

D) not ever reveal what you did while using the moment as subject matter for a multiple-choice question no one on the forum probably gives a sh?t about?

E) choose none of the above in favor of an option you may or may not want to share for legal reasons?

Beef...It's what's for dinner tonight.

Comments

• xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,115
    Options
    Take back in store, perhaps the person when the got home will care to return.
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Rectec RT-B380, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Good grief.  What happens when you're faced with real life decisions?? 
    Since  heading inside anyways,  give it to customer service. I don't need $20 worth of batteries on my conscience. 

Winning powerball ticket would be an entirely different matter :smiley:

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    Turn it in.  Good karma will pay it back to you. 
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,183
    Options
    Geez. Turn it in to customer service. I could care less what anyone else thinks about a Good Samaritan. I do the right thing solely for me. It's the way I was raised. 
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    At Costco I would hand them to the "cart checker" guy at the exit and let him be responsible for getting them to customer service.  I'm not standing in line at Costco CS if I don't have to.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• News2u
    News2u Posts: 335
    Options
    Put on a helmet, chew on an Alka Seltzer tablet, open the package and randomly huck them at passerbys :giggle: 
    How on Earth did you figure it out? You are 1 shrewd, intuitive mofo. Either that or you work for the NSA. :o
    Beef...It's what's for dinner tonight.
  • Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    Doesn't anyone post details about cooking food on this forum

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    At Costco I would hand them to the "cart checker" guy at the exit and let him be responsible for getting them to customer service.  I'm not standing in line at Costco CS if I don't have to.  

This.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,624
    Options
    Put on a helmet, chew on an Alka Seltzer tablet, open the package and randomly huck them at passerbys :giggle: 
    Only if they were D cells.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Doesn't anyone post details about cooking food on this forum
    Yes, and their posts are viewed by tens of people... ;)
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Use them to throw at cars!https://youtu.be/1Za8BtLgKv8
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site