Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Powerball

Options

Comments

• Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    Options
    the lottery is a tax on people who can't do math ;)
    And ironically used to fund education in many states.  

The US would be a very different place if the average citizen had a firm grasp of statistics.    
    Ironically, at $1.3 Billion, the after tax expected value of a lottery ticket is probably positive.  Not that I'm liquidating my portfolio to go all in on lottery tickets. 
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    Regardless of the odds, I will invest just to have the chance at an immediate life-changing event.  As said in prior posts, fun to engage in "what if" scenarios.  And I would gladly accept that challenge.  Good luck to all.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    the lottery is a tax on people who can't do math ;)
    And ironically used to fund education in many states.  

The US would be a very different place if the average citizen had a firm grasp of statistics.    
    i would like to see how much of it actually funds education, it was supposed to but me thinks its been appropriated for other funds
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,349
    Options
    DMW said:
    Related:

Sounds like a plan, I'm going to liquidate all my investments this afternoon. I have a line of credit against my home I can leverage as well. 

Feeling good about this already.
    Since there are "only" about 180 million combinations you just need to borrow that amount of $$$ to buy every combination.

At over a billion dollar payout that is quite the return on investment.

Of course if I were to do that it would turn out that 20 other winning tickets would also have been sold and Vinnie and Knuckles would be after me since I couldn't pay them back.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    I have already spent $100m of it in my mind. Fun to dream and I will definitely be buying some tickets. 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    I have already spent $100m of it in my mind. Fun to dream and I will definitely be buying some tickets. 
    Strong work! I'm only up to 50 or so, and that includes 2 10 million dollar Trust Funds for the mouths-to-feed.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    If I won that much money I'd have to join AA. I already drink too much I can't imagine if I didn't have to work and got to do whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. 

My liver would fall out. 
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    If I won that much money I'd have to join AA. I already drink too much I can't imagine if I didn't have to work and got to do whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. 

My liver would fall out. 
    You and me both man. You and me both. 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options

My liver would fall out. 
    Chubbs said:

My liver would fall out. 
    You and me both man. You and me both. 
    But you'd have the $$ to cover the transplant.  No worries!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • fishlessman
    Options

My liver would fall out. 
    i came to the realization that i couldnt drink more =) im no slacker
    fukahwee maine

• jonnymack
    jonnymack Posts: 627
    Options
    I'm pretty sure my vision would be pretty boring to many, set up family for life, build dream home, give much of it to charity and spend a whole lot of time with the wife and kids traveling and such. 

Maybe I would even finally buy that nice watch I've wanted for the past two years.  Maybe. Actually one splurge would be to buy a Ron Wood Rolling Stones Painting. love the work but it's super expensive. 
    Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    The playboy mansion is for sale $200 million... 
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • fishlessman
    Options
    hugh hefners house is up for sale, 200 million, wonder how much it would cost to accessorize  it =)
    fukahwee maine

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    hugh hefners house is up for sale, 200 million, wonder how much it would cost to accessorize  it =)

Or sanitize it... 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    Are you including getting rid of that club of a hand....
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• boboegg
    boboegg Posts: 46
    Options
    I could possibly afford that XXL I've been dreaming about!
    LBGE, Lawrenceville, GA
  • 1move
    1move Posts: 516
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I wonder if us Canadians could claim it?
    XLBGE, MMBGE, CyberQ
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @1move ... send me $1000 and your tickets ... I will set up a bank account to handle the money ... no problem.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    @1move ... send me $1000 and your tickets ... I will set up a bank account to handle the money ... no problem.
    Strange.. I just got an email from a Nigerian businessman offering the same service..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I heard Cosby's going to buy it to hide all the evidence.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I heard Cosby's going to buy it to hide all the evidence.
    Little does he know, you can't hide herpes.
  • Roadpuke0
    Roadpuke0 Posts: 529
    Options
    It comes accessorize already. Part of terms of the current sale are that the Hugh gets to reside there until he kicks. That what the news states anyway

Plumbers local 130 chicago.     Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, v10 Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    You all are not thinking creative enough.  Here is what I would do.  **Caution - mild adult language**

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T8Gxk7vbec

HeavyG Posts: 10,349
    Options
    1move said:
    Sure...if you have the winning ticket.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• News2u
    News2u Posts: 335
    Options
    Beef...It's what's for dinner tonight.
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    1move said:

I can tell you that a bunch of Canadian friends that have vaca homes down here have had me by tickets.  I just got back from buying another $100 worth.  
    I kinda think the lottery is for suckers, but I'll take 10% of whatever any of these guys win.  Hope it's enough for a SF smoker...
    Phoenix 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    DMW said:
    Related:

Sounds like a plan, I'm going to liquidate all my investments this afternoon. I have a line of credit against my home I can leverage as well. 

Feeling good about this already.
    Since there are "only" about 180 million combinations you just need to borrow that amount of $$$ to buy every combination.

At over a billion dollar payout that is quite the return on investment.

Of course if I were to do that it would turn out that 20 other winning tickets would also have been sold and Vinnie and Knuckles would be after me since I couldn't pay them back.
    292 million possible combinations
    Options
    Some people have their priorities straight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvE84AGMWpE

Options
    @nolaegghead ... saw that video yesterday ... love her reaction.

Lot's of begging at the street corners in Tucson.  The best one I saw said something like; "I won't lie, I want the money for beer."  Made me smile ...

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,085
    edited January 2016
    Options
    If I win I promised my teammates I would vote for Hillary Clinton.

I will also setup a thread and buy the first 50 people who respond a bag of Rockwood.  The first 10 will get a FB200.

And @Lit will get an RTIC of his choice.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS