Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Wendy's Chili

Options
Dyal_SC
Dyal_SC Posts: 6,054
...Or as our TX friends like to call "Wendy's Bean Soup."  LOL

I have always liked Wendy's chili.  Granted, I've made better at home plenty of times. But I happened to stumble across a Wendy's knockoff recipe the other day that I wanted to try.  The simplicity stood out to me.  I ended up tripling the recipe and used ground venison instead of ground beef.  And I also used a little extra chili powder and cumin than the recipe called for.  I'll be danged if this didn't taste just like Wendy's chili. Good stuff, and it serves as a great base if you want to tweak a coupla ingredients or proportions.  Here is the recipe... I can't figure out how to provide a link since it came off of social media, so I'll just provide a screenshot to give credit where credit is due.  

Here was my pot.  I used a big canning pot and made a triple batch... ended up being 6 lbs worth of ground venison.  It made 8+ qt sized bags of chili for the freezer.  The recipe was nice and easy, especially since you don't hafta sauté the veggies.  Just toss everything in a pot and you're all set.  All of this cost us only ~$10 since the venison was given to us. 

Comments