Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wings a hit. Dip recipe.

Options
Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Howdy! The wings were a hit yesterday. Big hit. Here is the recipe I concocted from those that Gfw and YB posted (thanks for the tips)...it was excellent with the wings and also with crisp veggies.[p]Ingredients
3/4 cup sour cream
1 cup mayonnaise
4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes
A few tablespoons of milk.[p]I mixed all the stuff together, and refrigerated. Kind of strange how it gets thinner after chilling! After 3 hours, I added a few tbsp of milk until I achieved desired consistency, then returned to fridge for 3 more hours. Good stuff.[p]Hope everyone is havin' a fab weekend.
NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments

• Mop
    Mop Posts: 496
    Options
    Nature Boy,how are you?.........Hey how bout some instructions on those wings......they sound great, I would like to try them if I may..
    Mop!

• Nature Boy
    Options
    Howdy Mop,
    Here is the link to Chef RD's recipe. I used 1 tsp grains of paradise instead of half of the white pepper, and 1 tsp ginger powder instead of half the garlic powder. It took a bit over an hour at 270 or so. I rotate the cooking grid 180 degrees every 10 minutes, and flip every 20 minutes until I start basting/finishing (I used anchor bar wing sauce, and for the mild ones I mixed ketchup, hoisin, rice vinegar and black pepper.)[p]I have also been trying the flour mixture on thighs and drumsticks. It is amazing how those things crisp up even when cooked slowly.[p]BTW, I forgot to add 1 tbsp white vinegar to the dip recipe.
    Have fun!
    NB

[ul][li]ChefRD's killer wings[/ul]
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Mop
    Options
    Nature Boy,Thank you, I look forward to trying them...
    Mop

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    Wings_04_02_00_05.jpg
    <p />Mop, a great variation to ChefRD's basic recipe is to add hot sauce to the milk (Bama Fire's idea) along with all the wings and let is sit for a minimum of an hour - I usually make and let sit for about 3 hours - if you want to see a few pictures, check out the link - Tuesday is Hot Wing Day and I'm going out to pick up the wings (actually use drumettes) and the ingrediants to NB's Blue Cheese sauce.[p]

[ul][li]Hot Wings[/ul]
  • Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    Nature Boy, thanks for the post. I have captured it and added it to the recipe section of my web site under Recipes - Sauces & Marinates - NB's Blue Cheese Dip/Sauce [p]I look forward to trying it with a few wings this week. Have a great day!

[ul][li]NB's Blue Cheese Dip/Sauce[/ul]
  • Mop
    Options
    Gfw, oh man!, I`m droolin looking at those wings!!!!![p]I have to try that.......thank you sir![p]Mop!

• Nature Boy
    Options
    Gfw,
    Had some leftovers and some celery sticks for lunch with the leftover sauce. Mmmmm.
    Glad you added it to your site...my organization skills need big help, so I will probably end up referring to it later!
    Happy Thanksgiving
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Bama Fire
    Options
    Gfw,
    Those do look GREAT! Looks like might have to cook up anohter batch of those in the near future.[p]Happy thanksgiving, everyone.[p]Bama Fire