Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

prosciutto diet

Options
thats a 7 quart dutch to give you a perspective on size =)  i come up with a new diet plan every year, lets so how this one works

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
006.jpg 492.3K

Comments

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    Dang, that's going to be sooo hard. Day after day, night after night, prosciutto, prosciutto, prosciutto.

Really, its a curse. Pass it on to me, I need some suffering to cleanse my soul. :)
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Yummm, SODIUM!!! :rofl: 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    @fishlessmanIs that a leg from Costco?  If so, how is it?  What else are you going to do with it?  That is a hunk of pig!
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    Yummm, SODIUM!!! :rofl: 
    yes....i put salt on it =)
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    @fishlessmanIs that a leg from Costco?  If so, how is it?  What else are you going to do with it?  That is a hunk of pig!
    cosco. its not as tangy as i had hoped, very mild as is, fairly tender, salt pops when cooked, better than my local market and it broke down to just under 5 bucks a pound. overall a good buy. its a total experiment, going to render the fat down for peas or maybe warm cabbage, maybe make a prosciutto soup base/consume, prosciutto cups filled with cheese and pheasant eggs, thats my short list, looking for ideas.  i cut some fat off and without thinking, tossed it, later realized that could be some good stuff either as a lard, butter/lard, tossed in beans, not making that mistake again
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options
    gdenby said:
    Dang, that's going to be sooo hard. Day after day, night after night, prosciutto, prosciutto, prosciutto.

Really, its a curse. Pass it on to me, I need some suffering to cleanse my soul. :)
    one day at a time ;)
    fukahwee maine

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    I got one of them too. It is a lot of prosciutto.  I have not opened it yet.  I am thinking I will soon though, so I too am looking for ideas.  
    Large and MiniMax

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    If you can find some muffuletta bread and olive salad (and a good Italian cheese)....
    Options
    Yea.  That sounds awesome.   @nolaegghead what else did you do with yours?  
    Large and MiniMax

• fishlessman
    Options
    If you can find some muffuletta bread and olive salad (and a good Italian cheese)....
    i think i know a place that makes that bread and the salad, the bread is going to ruin my diet plan =)
    fukahwee maine

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Replace the bread with pounded chicken breasts.   Back on plan ;)
    Options
    No surprise but great in stuffed chicken for example and chop some up to add flavor to pasta sauce. Sliced thin and wrapped around hard thin Italian bread sticks as an appetizer. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    i come up with a new diet plan every year, lets so how this one works

I do the same thing myself every year. It always ends with me just eating even more of the $hit that I like :D

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    SGH said:
    I do the same thing myself every year. It always ends with me just eating even more of the $hit that I like :D
    That is exactly my diet plan.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Looks like you solved your carving stand problem :)

Keep us updated, please- I'm liking what I'm hearing so far.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    Options
    Saltimboca, use in place of pancetta/guanciale in carbonara, caprese salad(even though tomatoes suck right now)
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Phatchris said:
    Saltimboca, use in place of pancetta/guanciale in carbonara, caprese salad(even though tomatoes suck right now)
    italian place near me makes caprese with roasted red peppers instead of tomatoes for their prosciutto sub
    fukahwee maine

• Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    Options
    Phatchris said:
    italian place near me makes caprese with roasted red peppers instead of tomatoes for their prosciutto sub
    Prosciutto, roasted peppers and mozzarella sounds fantastic... Even sub the mozzarella for some provolone  =)
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    The end.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin