Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Crimson Tide or Clemson Tigers???

Options

Comments

• corey24
    corey24 Posts: 386
    Options

Hate to say it....Bama

Too much on the D line.

XL Egg Owner Since Dec 2013 - Louisiana

• westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    i dont have a dog in this fight but cannot figure out how you can bet against alabama.  They are a power team and a fast team.  Id say tide by 10+
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    The SEC is batting around 0.800 in the bowl games, better than any other conference. 

As much as I hate Bama, I have to root for the SEC.

This is how it'll play off - a competitive game for the first half.   Then Clemson defense will run out of steam and Alabama will pull ahead by 10-14 points.
    Options
    I moved to Auburn when I was 4 years old, grew up there, went to school there, and left when I was 24. I didn't miss a home game for 7 years straight. All that to say that I really don't like Alabama at all. (If that doesn't make sense, then you didn't grow up in Alabama.)
    However, I'm a realist. I think Bammer is going to win by 2 touchdowns.
    Sure hope I'm wrong.
    Sorry, @SGH.
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    As much as I hate Bama, 
    Had I known this when you got buffaloed, I would not have spoke on your behalf ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    SGH said:
    As much as I hate Bama, 
    Had I known this when you got buffaloed, I would not have spoke on your behalf ;)
    Big difference in liking a team and respecting a team. I like the SEC. I respect the body of work Alabama has done thus far in college football. I am also a fan of great defense, and controlling the line of scrimmage. In the last 3-4 games, I do not believe any other team has improved, in these areas, as much as the Tide.

The game against MSU was the evidence of that improvement. That was a two seed making the the three seed appear as if they did not belong. Perhaps. Although I do believe the victory to be impressive, certainly more so than against a team like Oklahoma, you have to wonder that maybe another team should have been in the playoffs. That was a total destruction of a very highly rated team in every phase of the game. I do not know what that team should have been, and I am not sure the result would have been any different.

IMO, beating Oklahoma was no biggie, their conference has not done well, and actually, their last three games, prior to Clemson, they played teams without starting QBs, which helped propel them into the playoffs. I am thinking maybe they should not have been there, but I was not asked for my opinion by the selection committee. Clemson certainly gave them the beat down they deserved as the number 4 seed vs the number 1 seed.

I will likely get hammered for posting this, and this, by no means, is a slam at Clemson, for their great and outstanding accomplishment. They have been undefeated thus far this season, and that is an impressive task, no matter what schedule you play. But.... I think there might have been a couple other teams, that, if were to have played their schedule, that may also have gone undefeated as well. 
    This is likely SEC bias from a known and blatant homer, so take it FWIW.
    I do not think they will lose to Clemson, I do not think it will be close.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Bama

The rest of the SEC! SEC! needs coattails to ride and help them feel better about themselves. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    @sgh to Nola 

Since im an acc guy, pulling for Clempson, but not betting against bama 
  • SGH
    Options
    Since im an acc guy, pulling for Clempson,

:o  :o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

but not betting against bama 

This ^^^^^^^^ is probably wise brother Yolk.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    I moved to Auburn 

I'm truly sorry to hear this^^^

However, I'm a realist. I think Bammer is going to win by 2 touchdowns.
    Sure hope I'm wrong.

:o  :o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

Status- Standing by.

• tonyled
    tonyled Posts: 536
    Options
    i would prefer an sec win but my hatred for kiffin doesnt allow me to pull for them
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • bearsgonefishin
    Options
    Alabama covers the spread. @SGH remember its lonely at the top my friend.
    RTR and believe in the process.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BAGtZGlGvK3/?taken-by=jonallen93

LBGE

North East Florida

Go Jags

What I would like for every football team to do that we play is to sit there and say, ‘I hate playing against these guys' -Nick Saban

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    @tonyled - that's one of the funniest skits ever!!  I'm crying.

And for the record......Layla Kiffin is the hottest wife of any coach in college football.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    SGH said:
    As much as I hate Bama, 
    That's it. I'm rooting for Clemson.  ;)
    Options
    Agreed.  That Tosh.0 skit is awesome.  As soon as I saw the first Kiffin post I was going to post that vid.  Great minds! 
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• tonyled
    tonyled Posts: 536
    Options
    in the bowl and down the hole roll tide roll!
  • SGH
    Options
    SGH said:
    As much as I hate Bama, 
    That's it. I'm rooting for Clemson.  ;)
    I hear ya brother. I still love you despite your faults ;)

Status- Standing by.

• jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    Rooting for Clemson, just cause I'm still mad at Saban for abandoning my Dolphins!

But I think the Tide is too good! 
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options

Clemson of course!!

So with how my bowl picks went, the Tide have an excellent chance to win..

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • SGH
    Options
    Hotch said:

Clemson of course!!

And to think, I thought that we were friends brother Hotch ;)

Status- Standing by.

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    SGH said:
    Hotch said:

Clemson of course!!

And to think, I thought that we were friends brother Hotch ;)

I pick'd Clemson knowing that I would be wrong. Hell I'm only at about 15% for all of the bowl games!!!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • krobertsmsn
    Options
    Bama
    Bama by 10,
    Bama will rule 2nd 1/2!
    LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
    Rome, GA
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    @tonyled - that's one of the funniest skits ever!!  I'm crying.

And for the record......Layla Kiffin is the hottest wife of any coach in college football.
    I had not seen that skit prior to now. I laughed so hard, I was crying. That is the funniest thing I have seen in a very long time.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    It looks like the only people voting for Alabama are ones that want to be friends with SGH... 

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Clemson
    Alabama 31 Clemson 24
    Close good game
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SGH
    edited January 2016
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    It looks like the only people voting for Alabama are ones that want to be friends with SGH... 
    Everone is my friend brother Whitee. Or at least I hope that they are. To know me is to love me =)

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @nolaegghead
    Just for you brother ;)

Status- Standing by.

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    I hope Bama wins by 30
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013