Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Crimson Tide or Clemson Tigers???

Options

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Too many picking with their hearts.
    There could be a lot of truth in that brother Ron. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• CtTOPGUN
    CtTOPGUN Posts: 612
    Options
     Notre Dame fan here. Alabama looks too strong for Clemson IMO. I do not think it will be close unless 'Bama turns the ball over.

Jim
    LBGE/Weber Kettle/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Turkey Fryer/Induction Burner/Royal Gourmet 24" Griddle/Cuisinart Twin Oaks/Pit Boss Tabletop pellet smoker/Instant Pot

BBQ from the State of Connecticut!

Jim
  • FarmerTom
    FarmerTom Posts: 685
    Options
    I think your boys have this one SGH .  They made the Spartans look pretty bad.  Besides, all my wife's family is from the Mobile area.  Gotta pull for the Tide.

Tommy 

Middle of Nowhere, Northern Kentucky
       1 M, 1 XL, a BlackStone,1 old Webber, a Border Collie, a German Shepherd and 3 of her pups, and 2 Yorkies

• SGH
    edited January 2016
    Options
    FarmerTom said:
    I think your boys have this one SGH .  

I sure hope so^^^^^^^^^^^^

Gotta pull for the Tide.

Agree 100% ^^^^^ Roll Tide!!

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Roadpuke0
    Roadpuke0 Posts: 529
    Options
    Clemson will face there first real full force team! Over rated if you ask me. Every time the really faced a good team that teams quarterback was not starting. Look back Clemson fans its a fact. 

Bama bye 10+
    when the tide starts rolling it could be a slaughter.
    Plumbers local 130 chicago.     Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, v10 Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • SGH
    Options
    Roadpuke0 said:
    Bama bye 10+
    I hope that the Tide shuts them out. If Saint Saban pulls this one off, he will cement his legacy as the greatest ever.

Status- Standing by.

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    SGH said:
    Roadpuke0 said:
    Bama bye 10+
    I hope that the Tide shuts them out. If Saint Saban pulls this one off, he will cement his legacy as the greatest ever.
    Only AFTER the Bear my friend.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Clemson
    win by 6
    close to the end.

I do have to say that I don't root for either team as my daughter is a gamecock and I just hate Alabama/Saban. Since I am a Buckeye I am disappointed we didn't make it.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Any way they can both lose?
  • SGH
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    SGH said:
    I love The Bear as much as anyone. But if you take into account the time frame in which Saint Saban has accomplished what he has, The Saint would probably out rank The Bear. The Bear will still be one title ahead of The Saint with a Tide win. Maybe it's a 2 way tie for first between The Bear and The Saint. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Lit said:
    Only if they both buy Yetis ;)

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    I just hate Alabama/Saban. 
    I understand team loyalty, I truly do. But I have got to ask, how can anyone hate Saint Saban? He is a over achiever. 

Status- Standing by.

• Vetereggnarian
    Options
    From a Buckeye:

1. 'Bama
    2. 'Bama by a basketball game score.
    3.  Repeat of the Alabama-LSU championship when the Tide came out with a chip on their shoulder and it wasn't even a contest.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    SGH said:
    Lit said:
    Only if they both buy Yetis ;)
    I would buy an RTIC if Alabama could no longer be a team. I have never met an Alabama fan that I liked. Maybe just meet all the wrong ones but that's my experience. 
  • SGH
    Options
    Lit said:
    I would buy an RTIC if Alabama could no longer be a team. I have never met an Alabama fan that I liked. Maybe just meet all the wrong ones but that's my experience. 
    And that is a lot of it. There is good and bad apples in every crowd. 

Status- Standing by.

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,054
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    Clemson
    win by 6
    close to the end.

I do have to say that I don't root for either team as my daughter is a gamecock and I just hate Alabama/Saban. Since I am a Buckeye I am disappointed we didn't make it.
    I'm with ya @JRWhitee , as much as I can't stand Clemson fans, being that I'm a gamecock fan, I'm still gonna cheer them on.  Gotta pull for the local team.  Although we won't hear the end of it if they do win.  That being said:

Clemson
    win by only 1 to 3 points
    fight all the way to the end. 
  • Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    Options
    SGH said:
    Ragtop99 said:
    my youngest has been accepted at Clemson.  

Congradulations^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

but it is easier to support them than the tide.  

This is awful^^^^^^^^^^^^

I thought you were in MS.  How did you become such a big tide fan?
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • SGH
    Options
    Ragtop99 said:
    I thought you were in MS.  How did you become such a big tide fan?
    I am from MS and still live in MS. I lived on the MS/AL line up to just a few years ago. AL and The Bear was just always huge down here. Hard not to like them my friend. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    I have a extremely large hammer :D Does that count?

Status- Standing by.

• coooltroy
    coooltroy Posts: 207
    Options
    1. Roll Tide
    2. Bama by 14+
    3. See #2
  • erblove
    erblove Posts: 97
    Options

Clemson

Don't care

As long as Tigers win

Columbia, SC ~ LBGE, ThermaPen
    I love to eat...sue me!
  • SGH
    Options
    Seems to be a lot of hatred toward Saban and the Tide. Makes one ponder.  

Status- Standing by.

• 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Defense beats offense in big games.  SEC has proven this over and over again.  Bama will improve the SEC bowl record to 10 -2 in a "off" year for us.  
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    SGH said:
    bgebrent said:
    SGH said:
    I love The Bear as much as anyone. But if you take into account the time frame in which Saint Saban has accomplished what he has, The Saint would probably out rank The Bear. The Bear will still be one title ahead of The Saint with a Tide win. Maybe it's a 2 way tie for first between The Bear and The Saint. 
    I drive through fordyce and then right past bear bryants birthplace most weekends on my way to my camp. 

Little Rock, AR

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Options
    I have close friend son both teams. Particularly the alaba QB jake Coker who I played with at FSU. I think he will pull through.

alabama by 3
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    I rooted for the crimson tide once ....my gf was a week late
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I hope that Bama wins and wins big while holding the Tigers scoreless.  What better recruiting tool for Kirby Smart than that type of performance from his defense in a National Championship game?

Go Dawgs!!   

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA