Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Local Breweries

Options
2»

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    I do myself, but unfortunatelly they are about a 30 min drive each way. Conquest here in Columbia is my preferred.......with the Hunter Gather a close secound. I keep a clean empty Grawler in my trunk.....so if in the area.....I am prepared. 
    I failed to mention on my earlier post,......Conquest welcomes my pup.......and lets face it, drinking a good IPA without man's best friend would be a travisty. 
    Amen Brotha!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • DaveRichardson
    Options
    @SGH There's a couple down within an hour of ya.....  

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @SGH There's a couple down within an hour of ya.....  
    Well I be darn. I need to get out more ;) On a serious note, I had no idea my friend. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DaveRichardson
    Options
    Gotta wonder if a Favre has a hand in the one that's in Kiln......

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• SGH
    Options
    Gotta wonder if a Favre has a hand in the one that's in Kiln......
    It wouldn't surprise me at all. Some of his family originally started Performance Contractors. They are a local construction outfit in my area. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DaveRichardson
    Options
    I'm trying to remember which one of his brothers was one of the kids I worked with at USM.  And I'll bet he's a shiner, too!

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    Wasatch Brewery here in utard is a lot of fun, most of their beers make fun of the local "culture":  https://www.wasatchbeers.com/beers.aspx

Polygamy Porter ("bring some home for the wives!")

Evolution Amber Ale:

Provo Girl (a play on St. Pauli Girl):

First One Down (winter ale, seasonal):

They had another one that protested an alcohol tax but I'm drawing a blank right now, they staged a "tea party" throwing that beer into the Great Salt Lake (sacreligious, I know).  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• SGH
    Options
    And I'll bet he's a shiner, too!
    Most folks from down here that are 50 or older was raised cooking clear liquor. Sort of a Dixieland tradition my friend. 

Status- Standing by.

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    I wish I didn't live in the sticks at times like these. Although it's nice at rush hour. 
  • TCT
    TCT Posts: 168
    Options
    Love Flying Dog here in Maryland! Their single hop series (new one every couple of months) is awesome!!

Craig

Cockeysville, MD

LBGE and a large list of stuff I want

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    OMG. 

I forgot to Mentone Sierra Nevada.

• BYS1981
    Options
    @Phatchris I am rarely in SF, but thanks for the heads up!  I try to make it out to a local bottle shop here that prides themselves in good selection, but usually end up at bevmo or whole foods - so the wife can get Sunriver like cheese etc. 

What part of the bay area are you in? 
  • CodyA88
    CodyA88 Posts: 143
    edited January 2016
    Options
    The Georgia craft beer scene has exploded in the past 12-24 months.  There are tons of new breweries and brewpubs popping up all over the state.  Other than your main players (Sweetwater, Terrapin) there is a fairly new brewery out of Athens- Creature Comforts- that makes a phenomenal IPA called Tropicalia that is one of the best IPAs in the state.  There's also Wrecking Bar Brewpub in Atlanta that makes some great beers.  An exciting time to be in the Georgia craft beer community for sure!
    LBGE, 28" Blackstone
    Georgia
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Reformation is Woodstock GA is just a few miles from me.  They have a really cool tasting room and usually have live music on Friday and Saturday.  It is $15 for 6 samples.  They are usually pretty generous with the pour so it is a great deal.   They rotate beers on a nitro tap which is really good.  I love their imperial stout.  

http://reformationbrewery.com/

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    Options
    BYS1981 said:
    @Phatchris I am rarely in SF, but thanks for the heads up!  I try to make it out to a local bottle shop here that prides themselves in good selection, but usually end up at bevmo or whole foods - so the wife can get Sunriver like cheese etc. 

What part of the bay area are you in? 
    I'm not, I'm in the Boston area... Just kind of found  Blackwells and Gary through Email... And beer geeks =)
  • DaveRichardson
    Options
    SGH said:
    And I'll bet he's a shiner, too!
    Most folks from down here that are 50 or older was raised cooking clear liquor. Sort of a Dixieland tradition my friend. 
    Southern boy, here, brother @sgh. Distilling is in my blood. Granny was a distiller on the legal side....  Old Forrester.

• BYS1981
    Options
    My friend tried to buy me westveltern 12 from a bottle shop in SF.. maybe that spot lol
  • BYS1981
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Just scored a barrel aged Narwahl.

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    Real Ale in Blanco, TX is my local favorite.  I haven't been to the brewery but their Fireman's 4 (Belgian Blonde) and Devil's Backbone (Belgian Tripel) are excellent. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Danny Noonan
    Options
    I live in north metro Atlanta. I currently have Jekyll Brewing Hop Dang Diggity on tap in my kegerator. It's an excellent IPA. They also make a fantastic brown ale called "Cooter Brown". I always support Sweetwater beers but there have been several open in Atlanta recently that make really good beer as well: Wild Heaven, Red Hare, Three Taverns, Orpheus, to mention a few. Creature Comforts in Athens is putting out some fantastic beer as well. 
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    Botch said:
    Wasatch Brewery here in utard is a lot of fun, most of their beers make fun of the local "culture":  https://www.wasatchbeers.com/beers.aspx

Polygamy Porter ("bring some home for the wives!")

Evolution Amber Ale:

Provo Girl (a play on St. Pauli Girl):

First One Down (winter ale, seasonal):

They had another one that protested an alcohol tax but I'm drawing a blank right now, they staged a "tea party" throwing that beer into the Great Salt Lake (sacreligious, I know).  

Uinta makes some good beers too.  Down here in the south we have Zion canyon brewery but I'm not a fan because they have poor consistency.  I do like the offerings out of Moab.  They sell in 4 pack 16 oz cans.
  • Supercilious_In_5280
    Options
    Yep. Coors. Just down the road in golden. 
  • ChrisgrillsSTLMO
    Options
    Other than the Semi-Evil Empire that calls St. Louis home, we are fortunate to have several great breweries in town (in no particular order):

Schlafly - the first and probably the biggest. Made their name with their IPA but do some great single hop brews and I like their oatmeal stout.

O'Fallon - Really good pale lager and their pumpkin beer is always enjoyable. Recently upped their output to get close to Schlafly

Urban Chestnut - Lots of fun German styles, were the first to build a beer hall style facility for tasting and drinking

6 Row - Good wheat beer.

I think we have close to 30 that are up and running with what feels like a new one every month. My glass runneth over =)

Cheers,
    Chris
    St. Louis, MO
    Unit 1: LBGE, cedar table Unit 2:Akorn
  • fusionhq
    fusionhq Posts: 1,707
    Options
    Blake, I found this local brewery on Main Street that makes a lot of beer. Bud, bud light, mich, etc...you should give it a try!!
  • Steve753
    Steve753 Posts: 140
    Options
    I live in San Diego. We are known for our micro-breweries. We have Stone (Arrogant Bastard Ale), Karl Strauss, Ballast Point, Green Flash, and many others. I recently truied an oatmeal IPA at Ballast Point that was terrific.
    Large Big Green Egg
    Weber Gold
    Old Smokey

San Diego, Ca
  • JDoubleH
    JDoubleH Posts: 112
    Options
    SGH- Favre isnt involved with Lazy Mag, was started by husband/wife MS State grads, both engineers, I believe. If you guys like brown ales and you've never had a Southern Pecan from Lazy Magnolia, you're missing out. 

As for the Memphis craft brew scene, it has also exploded in the last few years, with the opening of the following:
    - Ghost River
    - Wiseacre
    - Memphis Made
    - High Cotton

Wiseacre tiny bomb, neon brown and coffee milk stout are all awesome. High Cotton Scottish Ale, Memphis Made Lucid and Ghost River Red, golden and midnight magic are also excellent.