Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Skillet Cornbread

There is a Restaurant in Columbus Ohio called the Pearl that makes the best Cornbread that I have ever had.  If you are ever in Columbus, I highly recommend this restaurant.  I did some research online and they actually posted the recipe:

http://www.cameronmitchell.com/kitchen-drink/id/73/jalapeno-corn-spoon-bread-recipe

10 oz. unsalted butter, melted2/3 cup sugar3 eggs1 cup buttermilk½ teaspoon salt½ teaspoon baking soda1 cup all-purpose flour1 cup yellow cornmeal¼ cup jalapeno peppers, diced, no seeds1 pat of soft butter6 tablespoons butter, whipped2 tablespoons honeySmall pinch cracked pepper
Preparation

Preheat oven to 325.Whisk together melted butter and sugar. Once combined, add eggs and whisk until combined. In a separate bowl, mix flour, cornmeal, salt and baking soda.Alternate adding dry mixture and buttermilk to the wet mixture until incorporated. Fold in the diced jalapenos. In a greased skillet, bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cornbread springs back when touched. Spread small amount of soft butter on top of cornbread while it is still hot. Serve with a side of whipped butter drizzled with honey and topped with cracked pepper.
Please note that this recipe has an unbelievable amount of Butter in it.  However, it tastes incredible.  Below is a picture of my wife's first attempt... it was delicious!

Comments