Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

There's a Sucker Born Every Minute

13»

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    @sgh you were ready for that one huh hahaha 
    I keep my guns loaded and I'm pretty quick on the draw ;) You just never know when a Yetitard will rear his ugly head ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    SGH said:
    You have to have one in hand before you can do that.
    Not really. Just a little ingenuity. 

Is that cotton jammed in there? 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Lit said:
    I'm not really sure. Pull that cotton plug out of your a$$ and compare them ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Lit said:
    SGH said:

I laughed out loud on that for real. 
  • Not quite Olive Garden, but here's a way to keep things back in the OT Realm.....  

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• Lit
    SGH said:

A Walmart brisket has meat in it too so it's the same as a SRF brisket right? 
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    edited December 2015
    Good indication that RTIC is half the cooler that Yeti is.

I mean, they couldn't even get the name correct - it's Arctic, not Artic, eh?  ;)
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    edited December 2015
    Brother @SGH ... Did that fortune when "Big Ron" was in office have anything to do with a bit of old corporate welfare? I know you hate those dems....but it can go both ways you know.
    ;)

i kid.....but gov has a way of flooding both sides.
     B) Just adding my stir.

Seattle, WA
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    SGH said:

this proves you can buy two rtic coolers for the price of one yeti, cut one in half, and still have a better cooler than a yeti
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Lit
    edited December 2015
    Yeah a better cooler than Yeti from a company that obviously isn't very good at running a company and so far has shown no customer service even just to get a replacement top for a cup that came in broken. Imagine what's going to happen when you have an issue with your cooler if someone can't even get a new lid for a cup?
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    Lit said:
    Yeah a better cooler than Yeti from a company that obviously isn't very good at running a company and so far has shown no customer service even just to get a replacement top for a cup that came in broken. Imagine what's going to happen when you have an issue with your cooler if someone can't even get a new lid for a cup?
    just buy two rtic cups, then you have a backup lid for the same price as a yeti =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • ckali7
    ckali7 Posts: 120
    All kinds of Real Italian joints in NYC and OG is on that list. :giggle: Isn't the point of going to NYC NYE to be in Time Square. Ya let's go to OG instead :tongue: 
    I'd say the majority of restaurants near Times Square suck.  They are basically tourist traps.  If you eat at one of these you're just lazy or an idiot or both.
    Except for Shake Shack right around the corner.....Shake Shack rocks! 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    BIll-W221 said:
    True, this is OT but it is in far too many threads. It is just one hijack after another. There is so much great info here and it seems to be getting lost in the  shuffle as two members have their panties in a bunch over what coolers people want to spend their money on. 
    Every once in awhile someone will make this kind of argument about this forum - that the signal to noise ratio is too low.  My ears are probably some of the least sympathetic to this for a number of reasons, not the least of which is that I don't think it's all that hard to filter stuff out if you really want to.  

Stick it out.  Everyone I've met through this forum is someone who knows a heck of a lot about cooking and is a good person to boot.
    That's not always true. Everyone knows that @henapple is a bacon-undied hack who only cooks from recipes. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Ok. Everybody. Enough with the cooler BS. You've all acknowledged that its getting old but you keep throwing logs on the fire. This is for both the Yeti camp as well as the RTIC camp. 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    ckali7 said:
    All kinds of Real Italian joints in NYC and OG is on that list. :giggle: Isn't the point of going to NYC NYE to be in Time Square. Ya let's go to OG instead :tongue: 
    I'd say the majority of restaurants near Times Square suck.  They are basically tourist traps.  If you eat at one of these you're just lazy or an idiot or both.
    Didn't realize they put one in on 8th....had to look it up.  Shake Shack is good eats fo sho.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • ckali7 said:
    I agree with that!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Ok. Everybody. Enough with the cooler BS. You've all acknowledged that its getting old but you keep throwing logs on the fire. This is for both the Yeti camp as well as the RTIC camp. 
    Thanks Mom, but you're not the boss of anyone on here... :)
  • DoubleEgger
    Thanks Mom, but you're not the boss of anyone on here... :)
    Whatever dude. Go start your own cooler thread then and whine away
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    $400 is just to have a chance at a restroom in that mess
    Absolutely! And while $400 may seem like a lot to us Yokels that is  chump change for most New Yorkers.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• DoubleEgger
    HeavyG said:
    $400 is just to have a chance at a restroom in that mess
    Absolutely! And while $400 may seem like a lot to us Yokels that is  chump change for most New Yorkers.
    I guess so but nobody is going there solo either. $800 per couple is crazy. I'm still pissed about a local restaurant charging me triple the regular price on NYE for the  same meal I normally get. Haven't been back since. 
  • Lit
    This same thing happens everywhere. We used to pay $100 a head to get in bars in down town Orlando that was cover and free drinks.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    NYE is for football, food, friends, fun, adult beverages and a kiss from My Beautiful Wife. Not into mass produced, lower quality, overpriced experiences in crowded places, to which I do not know.
    i will take food off the Egg (at way less than $400.00) any day of the week.
    I am with you Brother @DoubleEgger every step of the way. Where we're these people when I was selling my last Ford F150? It would have been a better deal.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Id rather grill burgers chix and wings amd watch football on new years eve instead of freezin my nuts off with a bunch of look at me's in times square.....
  • Apparently $400 last year was a steal this year it is up to $1000 per ticket at Olive Garden..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....