Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Your BEST gift (received) this year..... this will be hard

Asked the better half for a plate setter for the Large( have had my egg at least 4 years and finally decided to ask for it). No problem ..... right. Then ol Murphy DROPPED by to check on me. Opened the box. examined it and asked the wife to put it in a safe place away from the chaos. She obliged and then it happened. Our four-legged friend jumped in her ever playful mood and knocked the platesetter out of the wife's hands. And if you haven't figured it out yet - broke it in half.
STAY THIRSTY MY FRIENDS!
GIVE ME OYSTERS AND BEER FOR DINNER EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR
 & I'LL FEEL FINE!

SW Georgia :  LARGE & MINI BGE

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Blackstone Griddle, it's Legit!  Sorry bout your plate setter brother!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    Vacmaster pro 350 vacuum sealer. I loved it so far. 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • Baking stone for the grill and small Shop Vac for cleaning ash out.
    Newbie with LG BGE, learning one slow cook at a time! 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Asked the better half for a plate setter for the Large( have had my egg at least 4 years and finally decided to ask for it). No problem ..... right. Then ol Murphy DROPPED by to check on me. Opened the box. examined it and asked the wife to put it in a safe place away from the chaos. She obliged and then it happened. Our four-legged friend jumped in her ever playful mood and knocked the platesetter out of the wife's hands. And if you haven't figured it out yet - broke it in half.
    If you have had your egg 4 years without a means to do indirect cooks, you have really been depriving yourself of the potential that the egg offers. It's a must! Without it, it's just another good grill. Get something, now!!!!!!!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    Better to be lucky than good any day.  While you reap the benefits of the broken plate setter check out this site for some options: http://ceramicgrillstore.com  The site can be a bit of a challenge but give them a call and you will be thankful for the broken setter given your new-found options.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    Onkyo s7700 home theater set-up...awesome.

Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • Santa got me a chimney cap and temperature gauge from Smokeware.  He is a great guy!
  • A wonderful wife that wants to take me out to buy a MiniMax.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    hapster said:
     a few months ago, seeing this Christmas was apparently in doubt. 
    Glad all turned out well my friend. Merry Christsmas brother Hap, and wishing you many, many more. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Bayarad
    Bayarad Posts: 313
    Merry Christmas to all my friends at Egghead Forum!  Santa was very good this year!  I received a five piece Shun cutlery set, a vacuum sealer set with lots of sealer bags, and a Smokeware chimney cap, not to mention a Jamstick guitar and a $140 bottle of bourbon for very special occasions!  Hope everyone has a great day and a happy, healthy and prosperous 2016!
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Bayarad said:
    Merry Christmas to all my friends at Egghead Forum!  Santa was very good this year!  I received a five piece Shun cutlery set, a vacuum sealer set with lots of sealer bags, and a Smokeware chimney cap, not to mention a Jamstick guitar and a $140 bottle of bourbon for very special occasions!  Hope everyone has a great day and a happy, healthy and prosperous 2016!
    Bourbon? Um, pappy?
  • Bayarad
    Bayarad Posts: 313
    Wasn't Pappys but Michtners 10 yr. old single barrel.  Never heard of it but looking forward to it!
  • bob.bud
    bob.bud Posts: 297
    After the obvious of waking up to a happy home of family, I did open a box with these inside:

Bloomfield Hills, MI | LGBE : AR R & B Oval Combo w/Extender and Sliding D Grid : Kick Ash Basket : Smokeware Cap : Smobot Beta
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Life's been pretty stressing the last while.  My best gift is yesterday we left town for a few days. My phone is off. I'm with my amazing daughter.  I'm happy.  The gifts don't really matter to me.

Merry Christmas to everyone.  I hope you all are having a great time, and congrats on some pretty amazing scores.

@sgh . Your grand daughter is cute as a button.  Is that you joining her in the pic?
    Phoenix 
  • rmr62
    rmr62 Posts: 233
    SGH--she's a cutie---and I love the BGE on the cake!
    Lagrange, GA   LBGE
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    blasting said:
    @sgh . Your grand daughter is cute as a button.  Is that you joining her in the pic?
    Thank you brother. And yes sir, that is me with her my friend. 

rmr62 said:
    SGH--she's a cutie---and I love the BGE on the cake!
    Thank you brother. I thought the BGE on the cake was precious. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    I gifted myself the "every day is Saturday" lifestyle at the end of CY 2015.  Haven't started coloring the next chapter but it will be different for sure.  Family-side I lived thru the gifts but cannot over-state the big plus on health.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap said:
    I gifted myself the "every day is Saturday" lifestyle at the end of CY 2015.  Haven't started coloring the next chapter but it will be different for sure.  Family-side I lived thru the gifts but cannot over-state the big plus on health.
    congrats to you! More drinky, less worky. Sounds good to me!

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • My oldest is 20. This is the first year he went out and did all his own shopping (with his own money) for his mom, his brother, and I. They were the most thoughtful and meaningful gifts under the tree. The boy nailed it.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    I added a piece to my cast iron collection. I will be smoaking some dog treats later today on the egg.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • ryantt said:
    My best gift this year will be the same as every year, my family. Im not a guy that likes gifts, in fact I actually prohibit my family from spending money on me.   My early years I was bounced around a lot parents(drug addicts) group homes, foster care and finally ended up with grandparents as a forever home.  So I'm just happy to have a home and job that allows me to feed and put clothing on their backs.  Seeing my wife and daughter this evening as they opened up the gifts I had gotten them makes me happy.  I know that they are happy and healthy, who could ask for more.   
    Amen. Thank you for putting today into perspective.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429
    I added a piece to my cast iron collection. I will be smoaking some dog treats later today on the egg.

Too cool!!!   B)

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure