Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Merry Christmas or happy whatever holiday you are celebrating from the GGN

Options
Little Steven
Little Steven Posts: 28,817
edited December 2015 in EggHead Forum
Great Green North. Sushi just got here, kids are all here, time to shut her down. Happy Christmas to all.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Nice!  Merry Christmas man.  Enjoy the family!!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Darby_Crenshaw Posts: 2,657
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I am the Caganer!

Yes. That's our manger. 

https://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caganer

My wife is fullblooded Catalan. It's a four hundred year old tradition that I don't fully understand, but can fully get 'behind'.
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• Little Steven
    Options
    That looks exactly like the one I had to plunge down the caibo in Virginia. We all knew it was yours.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Not disrespectful at all... 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Darby_Crenshaw Posts: 2,657
    edited December 2015
    Options
    That was zippy's

and no, henapple. It isn't disrespectful. Not to the Catalan church, or the Pope, or anyone else who isn't happily provincial. 

But i could see how someone with a narrow world view could misinterpret it. 

No worries. 

[social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• henapple
    Options
    Derpy.. Its offensive to those that think it's sacred. We live in a world where being disrespectful towards anything traditional is awesome but call Caitlyn Bruce and all hell breaks loose. My steaks are almost done so I'm out... May the peace of Christ comfort you this holiday. 
  • Little Steven
    Options
    That was zippy's

You take a DNA sample or witness it?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Sushi. Now that's unique. Like it
    Merry Christmas to you & your family. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    henapple said:
    Derpy.. Its offensive to those that think it's sacred. We live in a world where being disrespectful towards anything traditional is awesome but call Caitlyn Bruce and all hell breaks loose. My steaks are almost done so I'm out... May the peace of Christ comfort you this holiday. 
    Tony, I thought you were like "Ef PC stuff" and all that.... I guess there is a line after all.
    Options
    @Little Steven  Merry Christmas, my man.   I'm not really mad about the schwag.  I still would like to meet you in person.  Maybe some day.
    Options
    Not a line, just respect for other people's beliefs. If his wife gets off on that... It's cool. 
  • Little Steven
    Options
    You had your chance Beotch. I love Nola and it won't be long before I'm back. I would love to go to Breaux Bridge again too.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• nolaegghead
    Options
    I draw the line with corn, but the Church seems down with it.

Local reactions

The practice is tolerated by the Catholic church within the areas where the Caganer is popular. Although the tradition generally has popular support, opinion is divided as to whether it is wholly appropriate and not all nativity scenes in Catalonia include caganers.

henapple said:
    Not a line, just respect for other people's beliefs. If his wife gets off on that... It's cool. 

Buddy, check this out. It is a religious thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caganer

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• nolaegghead
    Options
    It's....what's the word...ironic.
    It's....what's the word...ironic.

I like Crenshaw. He wants to start stuff. Kinda like stike used to be but without that nasty Yankee edge.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• nolaegghead
    Options
    He's not nearly the bad feller that other guy was.
    Options
    henapple said:

Buddy, check this out. It is a religious thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caganer

It is obviously insulting another "religious thing"

Merry Christmas

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Sunday morning grumpy with the sports section is a religious experience to me.
    edited December 2015
    Options
    If i'm supposed to respect your religious beliefs, then you'd better respect mine

also

People LOVE to be offended. Those that are generally find offense even when there is none.

that's never my problem, and always theirs. 

Merry Christmas

• henapple
    Options
    Why would lobster offend? ... We had it tonight. 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Because you are a land animal. Duh.
    Options
    Huh? 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited December 2015
    Options
    That's weird ****.......literally.  Merry Christmas fellas.
    According to legend placing it in front of the nativity is disrespectful.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    Options
    Merry Christmas..... it's a green one here on the Rock too!
    Fired up the egg tonight for them first time in over a month...was some good bye!

cheers
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • nolaegghead
    Options