Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wings. Bleu cheese dipping sauce recipes??

Options
Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Howdy!
Having some folks over tomorrow, and wings and filet mignons are on the menu. Yeeee Ha!
Anywho, I wuz thinkin of cookin up some Chef RD style breaded hot wings with a hot and mild finishing sauce, and serving them up with some celery and bleu cheese dressing. I think that stuff has mayo, sour cream, bleu cheese and some other stuff. Anyone have a good recipe they use?[p]Tanks in advance!
NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments

• BluesnBBQ
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]I usually just buy Marie's from the grocery store. It's a great dressing for wings!

• Nature Boy
    Options
    BluesnBBQ,
    Dang. i already bought the cheese and the sour cream! I did see some of the salad dressings that looked like possibilities.
    BTW that Smokestack Lightning book you recommended is awesome.
    Thanks
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    Nature Boy, here's one from recipe.com - if you make it let us all know how it turns out! :~}[p]Ingredients
    3/4 cup sour cream
    1 1/3 cups mayonnaise
    4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
    1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
    1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
    1/3 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper [p]Directions
    In a large bowl, whisk together the sour cream, mayonnaise, blue cheese, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours before serving.
    [p]

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]
    Here is a few blue cheese recipes to look at,good luck.[p]Larry

[ul][li]Salad Dressing Recipes[/ul]
  • djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    Nature Boy:[p]It is difficult to top Marie's. I stopped making home made bleu cheese dressing because it is so good.[p]Use the sour cream for the baked potatoes (on the BGE - brushed with olive oil and seasoned with Lawry's) and the blue cheese as a side topping for the filets.

• Nature Boy
    Options
    Thanks guys. I made up a sauce that was sort of a mix of the recipes Gfw and YB posted....most are pretty similar it looks like...just differences in the proportions of sour cream/cheese/mayo. Some use buttermilk. Some lemon juice and milk. Some vinegar, some not. Interesting reading thru all the variations, and noticing the subtle differences.[p]I am also gonna pick up some Marie's today (thanks Blues and djm), cuz we are gonna do wings again monday or tuesday. [p]I made up some of Jeff's Ranch Rub (on SongDog's forum) for the filets...it is a killer rub for steaks. Should probably give these tasty tenderloins a pretty light coating.[p]Have a great weekend.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com