Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Did you buy any Yeti Ramblers for Xmas gifts?

Options
blind99
blind99 Posts: 4,971

WSJ article today -- sounds like it's the hot gift this Christmas

http://www.wsj.com/articles/search-for-elusive-yeti-daunting-for-holiday-shoppers-1450780201

Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    Just having fun with the picture above. =) It's been a Yeti & RTIC battle around here lately for tumblers and coolers. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    No sir, I bought 25 of the RTIC cups for gifts. You honestly can't get the Yeti cups in my area. They stay sold out. Yeti hit a gold mine with the 30oz cups. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    As much as I'd like to read the article, I not willing to pay to do so...
  • blind99
    Options
    @spaightlabs yetis are so exclusive, not only can't one buy it, one can't read about not buying it! 

Im just impressed at what an aspirational brand they've built around coolers. 
  • burnithot
    Options
    I got 2 20oz and 1 30oz for 35 buck 
    my local BBQ store was doin a promotion if you wanted the cup you had to buy a $50 gift card will if you bought a $50 gift card they where putting a extra 25 bucks on it for you 
    the cups where normal price 29 and 39 I think something like that 
    so i got 3 $50 gift cards 3 cups with a additional $75 
    my total bills was like 260ish 
    but I got 225 in gift cards 150 I paid the for tho 75 they gave me 
    I thought it was a Really good deal seein how they are 100 plus on Amazon and other places 
    I was really happy 
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    blind99 said:
    @spaightlabs yetis are so exclusive, not only can't one buy it, one can't read about not buying it! 

Amen brother, Amen.

It's kinda like 4 wheel drive...90% of the people who have it, don't really need it or use it.

My buddy is convinced that the cooler will pay for itself in no time just because of the money he is gonna save on ice keeping his coors light cold.  

ROI on that should be about 230 years.   =)
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
     I got two of the small ones this year!

XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    blind99 said:

Amen brother, Amen.

It's kinda like 4 wheel drive...90% of the people who have it, don't really need it or use it.

My buddy is convinced that the cooler will pay for itself in no time just because of the money he is gonna save on ice keeping his coors light cold.  

ROI on that should be about 230 years.   =)
    Really. One of the websites that has actually done field testing of coolers found that the Yeti didn't really keep ice significantly longer than the $70 Coleman Xtreme.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Mikee
    Mikee Posts: 892
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    $70 Coleman Xtreme.
    I paid under $40 for a Coleman Marine Extreme 6 day 55qt cooler including shipping. I place a smaller, pre-chilled cooler inside it for frozen meats and other items. The small cooler keeps the meat frozen for over a day and I don't have to hunt for it. While I do lose some cooler space, I don't have to worry about cross-contamination. The small cooler is water free. The Coleman cooler goes thru about 8-10 pounds of ice a day.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,391
    Options
    Short answer, no but I have to admit that I did buy a lowball around 2 1/2 months ago and it keeps the bourbon within the confines of the cup-no leakage noticed and no metal taste.  That said,  the bourbon isn't in contact with the lowball for long.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I must admit I am a bit of a yeti addict.

I have 2 low balls and 3 30oz's, and a Yeti Hopper 30.  I really like them.  Are they over priced?  Yes and No 

From what the company has in them? - Yes
    From a marketing standpoint? - No, they are under priced because they are constantly sold out.

Think about our eggs. Kamado Joe is cheaper, has more accessories stock, and same warranty.  Difference?  Its not a BGE.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    :disappointed: 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    SGH said:
    :disappointed: 
    I would not turn down an RTIC ;)  I might try them in the future.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • outdoorsmin
    Options
    Bought a 30oz and Ramble for myself for Christmas. Because the wife never gets me anything worth a crap :)
  • MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    Options
    Bought a 30oz and Ramble for myself for Christmas. Because the wife never gets me anything worth a crap :)
    Similar. Got myself a nice Benchmade knife as the wife gets me garbage. 
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    Yes I bought and gifted over 600.00 of colsters, Rambler 20 &30's. 

Lenoir, N.C.
  • Davec433
    Davec433 Posts: 463
    Options
    I bought one for a secret Santa (which I won) and one for my Father -in-Law
  • TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    Options
    I bought two 30 oz. tumblers for my son-in-laws and four 20 oz. tumblers for my three daughters and wife. Plus two lowballs and six coldsters to have around the house.
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• blind99
    Options
    @piney those are some lucky friends!
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Was on the recieving end of a 30 oz Rambler......my first Yeti. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    blind99 said:
    @piney those are some lucky friends!
    Thanks they are customers, ladies in offices, etc and a few old friends
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • Grader07
    Grader07 Posts: 264
    Options
    I walked in to an Ace hardware store on Christmas eve day and bought the last 3 10oz. Yeti that they had.  Was it luck?  Probly!  Already have 2 of the 30oz. But my wife wanted a smaller one.   To say the least a few ooo's and ahhh's were heard Christmas morning.
  • Tbent
    Tbent Posts: 225
    Options
    I bought a lowball for my pops who won't stop talking about the rambler we bought him for his birthday a couple months back. My wife gave me a Colster that was put to heavy use yesterday. 
    L, S, MM, Mini
    Washington, IL
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    I received a Yeti 30 oz. 

I also receoved a Polar Bear waterproof 24 can. 

They go well with my Yeti 65 I got last year for Christmas. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX