Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I'm still not sick of tri-tip.

Options
anton
anton Posts: 1,813
edited December 2015 in EggHead Forum
This is probably my gazillionth tri tip post, and I'm still in  love with this cut,  what is it about this cut? My thoughts are the fast cooking, great taste, and ability to serve within an hour of setting it on the grill. I heavily rub mine, and make sure it comes off at 125-130 for med rare goodness.
This one is Superior Angus from RD, rubbed heavily with coarse salt and pepper,  Miners mix rub, and Hot Mamasxxx rub.
Cooked direct at around 350, flipped a few times, then opened egg and flame seared until 125 internal. I just ate half of it. Need nap, Meaty Christmas. 
 Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "

Comments

• Durangler
    Durangler Posts: 1,122
    Options
    That looks great! I never get tired of looking at Tri-Tip pics.
    I'm doing one for Christmas dinner rather than the traditional (around my house) Prime Rib. 
    Thanks for another tritip post!  :)
    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    Great pics of a terrific cook!
    I can't ever get sick of tri-tip, either.

Meaty Christmas and a Beefy New Year!
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Was picking up some ground round from my butcher yesterday for burgers. They had one (actually two) sitting all lonely in the meat case. Well I could,'t let them sit there this close to Christmas......They will be consumed very soon......yours looks awsom bythe way!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Cooks like that never get old. Nice!
  • fiver29
    fiver29 Posts: 628
    Options
    That is very inspiring!!  I may be grabbing some tri-tip very very soon....
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Strongsville, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
    [I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    anton said:
    This is probably my gazillionth tri tip post, and I'm still in  love with this cut,  what is it about this cut? 
    It's freakin' delicious.
    NOLA