Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - so what did you get your girl for the holidays?

Options

Comments

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    A couple of Pandora beads, a sweater, and a few books.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    A watch... LL Bean slippers... and an oil paint set with an easel & canvases

She doesn't know yet what she's getting for me; but I'll be sure and tell her when I buy it ;)
  • gamason
    gamason Posts: 406
    Options
    Taking my wife home to the Quad Cities to see her 97 y/o grandma. Grandma will never know we were there, but the wife will know. Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!

Snellville,Ga.

LBGE

Minimax

• swordsmn
    swordsmn Posts: 683
    Options
    I'm in so much trouble...I have no idea.  The only thing I know she wants is some rain boots made by Hunter.  They are tall shiny looking boots.  I think I will get her the shortest skirt I can find to complete the ensemble ;)

Matching raingear thong.  
    LBGE, AR.  Lives in N.E. ATL
  • RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    Options

I am going to have a tough time topping last years gift.  She mentioned early last year that she wanted a new broom for outside because the old one had a bad "bend" in it.  I took note and bought her the deluxe model from Lowes for Christmas.....she loved it.  Cost was not an issue...I went all the way.  The moment she opened the broom and liked it was the moment I knew she loved me, unconditionally.  :)  Who knows what this year will bring.  Merry Christmas folks!

The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.
  • Vegas Eggus
    Options
    piney said:
    Our deal was not to buy for each other. We just totally remodeled a kitchen new fridge stove etc. oh yes (Silestone counter tops..earlier thread, hehehe) and I be da*n she talked me in to a new Subaru Outback (I think she's a tree hugger) Oh well it's all good. Merry Christmas to all my forum family.
    You need to hope that it's only that she is a tree hugger with the Subaru.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Navymom said:
    Give her a day of pampering at a spa.
    This is what I am doing.  Enough to have a mother/daughter pedicure day, and have a massage day on her own.

Got her some clothes and books as well.  
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• The_Canuck
    Options
    She got a daughter - I think I am good.
    Large BGE - Thanks Knob Creek

Louisville, KY
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    She got a daughter - I think I am good.
    Nah, that just means you'll need to buy twice as much.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• logchief
    logchief Posts: 1,415
    Options
    New iPhone 6+ (I hate those big phones, I'll stick with my 4s, but if I had a purse, it'd be OK) and a bed reading stand for her iPad. Off to the kid's, y'all have a Merry Christmas.
    LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Navymom said:
    Give her a day of pampering at a spa.
    I did that last year. She loved it so much, she has it booked, just about every month. 
    NOTE TO GUYS: If you do this, you will pay big bucks, for the rest of your life. It is far worse than the ownership of the Big Green Egg.
    i have spent big bucks on My Beautiful Wife before, but this is wallet hell. Buy jewelry, it is so much easier, and less wallet invasive, in the long run.
    Just kidding, as usual. It is a great gift, and it is worth every penny, and then some.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Rebhanmh
    Options
    Give her a hand written coupon for "One free home made steak dinner on the egg" LOL!
    LBGE
    Atoka, TN
  • Braggart
    Braggart Posts: 238
    Options

I am going to have a tough time topping last years gift.  She mentioned early last year that she wanted a new broom for outside because the old one had a bad "bend" in it.  I took note and bought her the deluxe model from Lowes for Christmas.....she loved it.  Cost was not an issue...I went all the way.  The moment she opened the broom and liked it was the moment I knew she loved me, unconditionally.  :)  Who knows what this year will bring.  Merry Christmas folks!

Lots to be said about this (bolded above).  Take the time and do the research and turn small gifts into memorable gifts by buying the best you can get.   Whether it's socks or scissors or utensils.  Especially if the item is to be used every day.   Provides a little bit of luxury in everyday living.     Goes a long way. 
    Large BGE
    MMax BGE
    Weber gasser
    3 Dogs
    No neighbours 
    Living in Canada's bush
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,759
    Options

woman are like little kids, its the box they like =) then buy some inexpensive jewelry to put in it ;) the boxes are on ebay

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • kwdickert
    kwdickert Posts: 308
    edited December 2015
    Options
    (actual) pearl earrings and a necklace she wanted. 
    Memphis TN - Large Green Egg
  • Durangler
    Durangler Posts: 1,122
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Ya'll should do the best you can for your girl/wife/spouse.
    Show appreciation for her, because you never know how much she means to you, until she's gone.
    -nods-
    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
  • Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    Options
    My wife is a big tea drinker.  This regulates water temp to match the type of tea being brewed.  Kinda like her getting me a flame boss 200

Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    edited December 2015
    Options
    She got a daughter - I think I am good will be broke.
    FTFY
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Thank you everyone.  Along with several laughs, I also got a few ideas that will work. In addition to some everyday items for stocking stuffers, I got a gift card for 2 90 minute massages, a few bottles of her favorite wines, 2 bottles of port (we are getting into them), 2 gift cards for a mani/pedi combo, and I did get the towel warmer because she would not ever expect it in a million years.  I also got a little silky something for her, but it is really for me to enjoy.

For agreeing not to get anything, I think I did okay.  
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • xiphoid007
    xiphoid007 Posts: 536
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I started with pandora charms with our 4 kids birthstones. That was my idea. I have poor taste so I just brought her with me. 4 beads turned into a whole bracelet worth of new beads plus a new bracelet. 

It didn't help that the girl at the counter was a cute little redhead with a low cut shirt that was bit small for her "assets" which were quite large. I'm lucky I left without buying more.

At any rate, she's happy, and impressed that I actually had a good, heartfelt and thoughtful gift, so all is well. 

The coach purse didn't hurt either. . .
    Pittsburgh, PA - 1 LBGE
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Ugg slippers and a Fit Bit.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    My wife's new vacuum! 

Got the small one, eh?
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    My wife's new vacuum! 

Classic....just classic.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    My wife's new vacuum! 

I see a lot of guys clicking the Like button on that.
    NOLA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    buzd504 said:
    My wife's new vacuum! 

I see a lot of guys clicking the Like button on that.

It's gets erected to the "best of" page with many likes.

Sadly my wife discovered Hermes.  Guess she is paying me back for my egg diction. Lucky for me, her birthday is December 20th. I also learned that one gift doesn't cover both. Lucky me.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    My wife's new vacuum! 

You are a confident man, and should be respected. Did she utter the words "about time"? 
    This was the funniest thing I have seen for the holidays!!

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    My wife's new vacuum! 

Way too small!  Jeez man!  Ever heard "go big or go home"?  Yer going home Mattie.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga