Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - so what did you get your girl for the holidays?

Options

Comments

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Davec433 said:
    My wife wanted a new Dyson Cinetic+Animal vacuum to replace the one she traded in to get a Kirby. I fought it as long as I could because I agree with @northGAcock to never get anything with a power cord but she won and it's under the tree. I like the donating to a charity idea or just taking a vacation only problem is we have to goto the mother-in-laws each Christmas or MIL will have a breakdown.
    The Dyson v6 motor head works just as good as my plug in if not better. Battery only lasts 20 minutes but it's enough for most of the house.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,087
    Options
    I got my wife a weedburner and a 12pack of colemen fuel bottles.

I hope she is as excited to receive them as I was to think of them.

The card says, "Baby, you light my fire!" .... if you guys need any ideas I have a ton more.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,087
    Options
    @Sea2Ski saw this, it might be the ticket for your lady ....

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    Options

So obviously a little late for this year but what would you guys think of pooling some money together here on the forum and donating on behalf of Eggers to a good cause for Christmas.  Maybe next year?  Go fund me or something?

Just throwing that out there...

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    Well, we had professional family photos a week ago and she bought herself some boots today. I'm doing well this year. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    Okay-33+ years of frequently "failing to recognize the right answer" especially when in the Venus/Mars code.  This year (as in the past few...33 years does that:) ) it was "nothing".  I know that won't work so I got the house a Pit Barrel Cooker and do have a few non-corded things-I may live to see the 26th.
    However, I make one trip a year to the local malls to purchase something that is not found on-line.  This year is the last time for that adventure.  Vacation day, mid-week and I could not believe the crowds.  Granted I was not working that day like everyone else out and about but ... on-line or it's not happening down the road.  Similar experience as last year-thought that was an abnormality...nope.
    Off the soap-box.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • HondaHawk
    Options
    Running shoes, Ray Ban Avaitors, and a Roomba. 
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    New jacket, Yankees shirt, and jewelry stand. That's pretty much it. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    HondaHawk said:
    My wife asked for a roomba many years ago. My boss asked for recommendations the next year. His wife still blames me....
  • Davec433
    Davec433 Posts: 463
    Options
    Lit said:
    Davec433 said:
    My wife wanted a new Dyson Cinetic+Animal vacuum to replace the one she traded in to get a Kirby. I fought it as long as I could because I agree with @northGAcock to never get anything with a power cord but she won and it's under the tree. I like the donating to a charity idea or just taking a vacation only problem is we have to goto the mother-in-laws each Christmas or MIL will have a breakdown.
    The Dyson v6 motor head works just as good as my plug in if not better. Battery only lasts 20 minutes but it's enough for most of the house.
    I saw those when I was out shopping. Dyson are probably the best vacuum out there. I still have my Dyson I bought 10 years ago.
  • HondaHawk
    Options
    HondaHawk said:
    My wife asked for a roomba many years ago. My boss asked for recommendations the next year. His wife still blames me....
    I'm pretty excited about it actually. Three kids six and under...gives me more egging time ;)
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Davec433 said:
    Lit said:
    Davec433 said:
    I saw those when I was out shopping. Dyson are probably the best vacuum out there. I still have my Dyson I bought 10 years ago.
    Costco has them on sale for $60 off right now. I agree about Dyson I got my original DC 7 before I met my wife I think it was 2003 and it's still going strong. 
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Steak knives and new phone case. That's what she wants!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    I prolly oughtn't count the 200# of lump that showed up today.  =)

• TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    Options
    Last Christmas I bought my wife a pressure washer. She loves it! 
    I didn't buy anything yet for her this year. I'll think of something before Friday.
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    Options
    Wife and I are taking a tip to NOLA for New Years we agreed not to get anything else but I did see some packages today so I quickly went online and got her tickets to Philharmoic Orchestra 
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    edited December 2015
    Options
    i got mine a watch and we went to see India Arie last weekend ( bought her a CD, too). She's pretty happy. She doesnt know the watch is coming. 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • Chicklet
    Chicklet Posts: 205
    Options

One of my favorite gifts from The Man. 
    I also enjoy music and I love my little Bose SoundLink gizmo I got a few years ago.  
    Does she like coffee?  Maybe a Keurig.  
    Is she into yoga or running or something like that?  If so, get her something fun for her hobby.  I do triathlons and always love getting something for my bike or some running gear.  
    Does she like Yurman jewelry?  Jewelry is never a really bad idea if she wears it.  It isn't horribly expensive and is nice for dressing up or everyday use.  

meredith

Eat, drink and be merry

Huntsville, AL ~ LBGE noob
  • StillH2OEgger
    Options

It's bacon-free and more modest than Henapple's holiday surprise, but this ingenious gift idea has always served me well.
    Stillwater, MN
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    A Michael Kors Purse. I think I am good.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • maximus1
    Options
    Get the brookstone towel warmer.  Bed Bath and Beyond sells them, she will love it, and so will you
    2 Large BGE, 1 Small.  
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I got my wife a weedburner and a 12pack of colemen fuel bottles.

I hope she is as excited to receive them as I was to think of them.

The card says, "Baby, you light my fire!" .... if you guys need any ideas I have a ton more.
    Oz....your thinking is right up my ally. On my 10th aniversary, I left the Atlanta Olympics having worked the entire 21 days (and nights). I was meeting my wife at a hotel, and stopped by a Halmark Store, walked in and the first card I pick up....said it was the year of the card. I could not have planned that any better with 3 months notice.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • DaveRichardson
    Options
    Gawd.... The Atlanta Olympics. Fun times!  I had 4 other medical volunteers staying at my place. 

Sorry to hijack........  

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Options
    My better half has put up with me going on hunting trips all over the world for fifteen of our twenty-three years of marriage, so this year she gets a ten day trip to Oahu and Maui.  Of course, I get to go too.   =)

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options

This still works after 12 years. The element of surprise is key.

http://www.tiffany.com/

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • chrisc133
    Options
    I'm not married ...so I still have to buy gifts ha. I went with a nespresso machine with milk frother. 
    Augusta, GA
    #BGETEAMGREEN member
    MiniMax, Large, XL BGE
    Featured on Man Fire Food Season 7
  • Navymom
    Navymom Posts: 167
    Options
    Give her a day of pampering at a spa.
    Wear maroon, live maroon, bleed maroon.
    Fightin' Texas Aggies Fly Navy.
    Denton TX
  • Terrebandit