Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RTIC 30oz tumbler

Options
123457»

Comments

• 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Options
    Ordered my YETI 65 last,week and received it this week. Already cooling drinks.  
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • scmoose
    scmoose Posts: 164
    Options
    Still no update on the cracked lid other than an email stating, yes we got them, refering to the pictures my wife sent. 
  • swordsmn
    swordsmn Posts: 683
    Options
    And  nothing from them after my assistant chatted with them about the embossed lids.. Oh well it's the Christmas rush.  I wasn't the most efficient last week either.
    LBGE, AR.  Lives in N.E. ATL
  • nolan8v
    nolan8v Posts: 400
    Options
    RTIC is putting a nice dent in Yeti's bottom line with these new products.

Let's see how Yeti responds in an effort to maintain market share.
    "You can live in any city in America, but New Orleans is the only city that lives in you."
    Chris Rose 

• feef706
    feef706 Posts: 853
    Options
    Classic. People are really going stupid over the already overpriced versions in my parts, worth the 1 month wait in my opinion. Got three for what some are paying for one right now.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I will gladly pay extra to have support. From the above it sounds like RTICs support isn't so great. 
  • nth78
    nth78 Posts: 154
    Options
    Have they copied the colster or lowball yet?  Sorry, "improved" the colster or lowball
  • slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Options

Both th of my RTIC 30oz showed up today.! Perfect timing for Christmas ! 
  • feef706
    Options
    slovelad said:

Both th of my RTIC 30oz showed up today.! Perfect timing for Christmas ! 
    Mine are due in tomorrow, I'm excited 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    I would have bought two or three tumblers for gifts but holding off now for the optional spill proof lid coming out next month. (January probably means May for RTIC) It's crazy that the spill proof lid isn't standard 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • nth78
    nth78 Posts: 154
    Options
    WeberWho? said:
    I would have bought two or three tumblers for gifts but holding off now for the optional spill proof lid coming out next month. (January probably means May for RTIC) It's crazy that the spill proof lid isn't standard 
    I agree.  We know that RTIC won't come out with one until YETI has one for them to copy
  • feef706
    Options
    nth78 said:
    WeberWho? said: 
    (January probably means May for RTIC) 
    I agree.  We know that RTIC won't come out with one until YETI has one for them to copy
    Now this is funny!
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    Options
    they work great! love mine
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• StillH2OEgger
    Options
    Well after practically giving the tumblers away, it appears they plan to milk a higher return out of those $5 spill-proof lids, which is certainly their prerogative. The way they were marketing this product, I was sort of hoping they would just make them the standard lid.
    Stillwater, MN
  • MaskedMarvel
    Options
    I love my yetis. 
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,348
    Options
    nth78 said:
    WeberWho? said:
    Seeing that the Yeti's don't have a spill proof lid it appears that Yeti will likely be copying Rtic this time. Judging by the comments on the Yeti site a lot of customers really, really, dislike the existing Yeti lid.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Seeing that the Yeti's don't have a spill proof lid it appears that Yeti will likely be copying Rtic this time. Judging by the comments on the Yeti site a lot of customers really, really, dislike the existing Yeti lid.
    Funny ole world isn't it =)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Well after practically giving the tumblers away, it appears they plan to milk a higher return out of those $5 spill-proof lids, which is certainly their prerogative. The way they were marketing this product, I was sort of hoping they would just make them the standard lid.
    I honestly have no use for a spill proof lid as I don't jog with a 30 oz tumbler so I would rather have the standard lid. But even if I had to buy it at $5 it would still be a bargin.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Here's a sneak peek of RTIC's new lid...

• slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Options
    My wife is not impressed with the new RTIC cups. She says they sweat too much. I haven't really noticed it though
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    slovelad said:
    My wife is not impressed with the new RTIC cups. She says they sweat too much. I haven't really noticed it though
    Mine hasn't sweat at all. Maybe she got a bad one.

Aren't the lids interchangeable between the RTIC and the YETI? Maybe Yeti will just buy the spill-proof lids from RTIC and charge double.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• Lit
    Options
    Toxarch said:
    slovelad said:
    Mine hasn't sweat at all. Maybe she got a bad one.

Aren't the lids interchangeable between the RTIC and the YETI? Maybe Yeti will just buy the spill-proof lids from RTIC and charge double.
    Yeti keeps stuff in stock they won't wait 6 months while they finance the kids.
  • SGH
    Options
    Lit said:
    Yeti keeps stuff in stock they won't wait 6 months while they finance the kids.
    This ^^^^^^ is not entirely true. As we speak, I'm in my 12th week of waiting on a Yeti 210 that I ordered directly from Yeti. Not from a retailer or box store, directly from the snowman himself. This tells me that the 210 is not being manufactured in the USA at this time. Not that I really care, but made in America seems to be one of their bragging points. There is no way that the 210's are being made here with this wait time. They are being ordered in batches just like RTIC. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I just went on Yeti's website to "buy" a 210 and unlike RTIC they won't take your money for a product they don't have. 

• Lit
    Options
    I just went on Yeti's website to "buy" a 210 and unlike RTIC they won't take your money for a product they don't have. 
    Yes I tried also it says they will email you when it's available. It's one thing to wait for them to design something it's another for a company to take your money while you wait. 
  • SGH
    Options
    When I went there they were showing in stock. As such I ordered. The next day I got a notice that they were out of stock and on back order. I had already paid in full. However I'm not one to let this bother nor concern me. I want the cooler, so rather I pay weeks/months ahead or when it ships I'm good with it either way. My only point above is simply that Yeti (nor anyone else) is perfect. $hit happens and I understand this. 

Status- Standing by.

• Ivanhoe
    Ivanhoe Posts: 223
    Options
    Here's a sneak peek of RTIC's new lid...

I Really like that lid - Anyone know the measurement of the bottom on the Engel? My Yeti BARELY fits (and I use the word "fit" generously) in my Toyota P/U's cup holder. The RTIC from what I have seen is bigger than the Yeti....
    Tulare, CA - Large BGE