Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoked Chili Con Carne and Spotted Cow Beer Bread!

Options
If anyone has not tried the chili in the current Lifestyles magazine you need to.... IT IS AMAZING!!! I am also cooking some Spotted Cow beer bread with bacon on the Mini Maxx!!  A great day to be cookin!!!
Remember that grilling is more than preparing food… It’s time with family and friends, it’s your heritage and childhood memories….

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I love me some spotted cow. Been a long time since I've had one. The fat squirrel is great too. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    I'd hit that and wash it down with a Spotted Cow!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Awesome! You up in Wisconsin? We have to run up, there to get it. Can't get any in Illinois. I have a kegerator and we get a keg at a time. The chili and bread look outstanding! Yum!
  • Tinyfish
    Tinyfish Posts: 1,755
    Options
    I have yet to make chili dont know what I'm waiting for. Yours looks delicious. 
  • Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Options
    I've never heard of either Spotted Cow or Fat Squirrel.  Are they both local craft beers? The chili looks good.

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Hawg Fan said:
    I've never heard of either Spotted Cow or Fat Squirrel.  Are they both local craft beers? The chili looks good.

They are from New Glarus Brewing Company. (Only sold in Wisconsin I believe) Any of us in Minnesota have to cross the border to get Spotted Cow

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • grillman14
    Options
    New Glarus Beers are available in certain markets, if you go New Glarus Brewing website you can find a retailer near you hopefully!!  The beer bread is amazing with any craft beers, I just found this Beer Bread mix last weekend in Madison WI.  I have attached a photo of his labeling and Facebook page... GREAT PRODUCT!! 

Remember that grilling is more than preparing food… It’s time with family and friends, it’s your heritage and childhood memories….
  • grillman14
    Options
    Yes sir a guilty cheesehead here!!!  Here is a photo of my Prime Rib cook last week on my XXL..... Over 100lbs. of PRIME!!  It was so delicious!! 

• Black_Badger
    Options
    All New Glarus beers are sold only in WI. If you find it being sold outside the state a) buy some b) do it soon and c) keep it quiet, because they are all pretty darn good and the seller is going to be shut down soon!

Cheers all -
    B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Yes sir a guilty cheesehead here!!!  Here is a photo of my Prime Rib cook last week on my XXL..... Over 100lbs. of PRIME!!  It was so delicious!! 

You a retailer? Where a outs if so?
  • eggsurance_agent
    Options
    Can you post the recipe for the chili? Looks great!!
    LBGE
  • StillH2OEgger
    Options
    Have to second everyone singing the praises of Spotted Cow and the rest of the New Glarus varieties. Grab some every time I cross the border. In addition to bratwurst, it is the only redeeming quality I have found in that state (-: Back on topic, chili looks great. Also, any finished pics of the prime-rib-a-palooza?
    Stillwater, MN
  • WeberWho
    Options
    All New Glarus beers are sold only in WI. If you find it being sold outside the state a) buy some b) do it soon and c) keep it quiet, because they are all pretty darn good and the seller is going to be shut down soon!

Cheers all -
    B_B
    We had a bar selling Spotted Cow on tap here in Minnesota on the low down. It only lasted so long before they were busted. They ended up paying some big fine or being sued. They definitely have a market if they decide to sell outside the state

Minnesota
  • grillman14
    Options
    No sir on the retailer, are you in WI?  I have attached the chili recipe as well...  ENJOY... 
  • grillman14
    Options
    StillH2Oegger  no pics of post cook, we all got so caught up in the meat coma that we went in to after nobody took any photos.... next time.... here is some pre and post pic photos of 45 racks of ribs... 
  • WeberWho
    Options
    @grillman14 That picture above ^^^^ needs it's own post. That's super impressive!

Minnesota