Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Boneless Chicken Thighs - What to do?

13»

Comments

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    @fence0407 ,
    If you still want to locate Walkerswood paste marinade, try your local Asian market.  I've found it at our local asian grocer at $4/jar due to the Cantonese immigrant influence on the West Indies.  Stuff is fantastic.  Jerk Chow Mein is on the list of things to do, a great fusion IMO. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,236
    Focker said:
    @fence0407 ,
    If you still want to locate Walkerswood paste marinade, try your local Asian market.  I've found it at our local asian grocer at $4/jar due to the Cantonese immigrant influence on the West Indies.  Stuff is fantastic.  Jerk Chow Mein is on the list of things to do, a great fusion IMO. 
    Thanks man! I almost stopped by Super H Mart yesterday. Bet they'd have it. 
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• Looks like you made out just fine!
  • fence0407
    Looks like you made out just fine!
    Thanks yea turned out to be a good meal!
    Cumming, GA  

• fence0407
    fence0407 said:
    Focker said:
    @fence0407 ,
    Thanks man! I almost stopped by Super H Mart yesterday. Bet they'd have it. 
    Turns out, HMart does carry it. I picked up a bottle today and can't wait to try it on some chicken! It was $6.62 with tax.
    Cumming, GA  

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Did you get the Hot or Mild version? The mild is VERY mild, but if that's all they had, and you would prefer some heat, adding some finely chopped fresh habaneros to the paste works wonders. I remove the seeds and white membrane before chopping, but that's just me. :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• fence0407
    Did you get the Hot or Mild version? The mild is VERY mild, but if that's all they had, and you would prefer some heat, adding some finely chopped fresh habaneros to the paste works wonders. I remove the seeds and white membrane before chopping, but that's just me. :)
    I believe I got the hot version. I am getting better about handling spicier foods, so we'll see how I do! HMart had a nice collection of sauces and marinades from Walkerswood. I almost grabbed a few others but decided to just give the marinade a try first. At least now i know where to get it from.
    Cumming, GA  

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    The next time I do jerk, I'm planning to make the seasoning from scratch. Lot's of recipes out there, that were supposedly handed down from someone's Jamaican great grandmother. Most are pretty similar so I'll just have a go.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• fence0407
    @Carolina Q let me know how it goes. I'm anxious to try this Walkerswood.

Cumming, GA  

• fence0407 said:
    Thanks for the visual - now I know what to look for. We have a Sprouts farmer's market near us that tends to carry different products. Maybe they'll have it.  

You can also buy Walkerswood on Amazon.  Love that stuff.
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    We love to simply grill them and glaze with a mustard based bbq sauce. Some of these suggestions are awesome. 
  • Make a dust bath out of brown sugar an ranch powder dust both sides an cook on egg!!!
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Make a dust bath out of brown sugar an ranch powder dust both sides an cook on egg!!!
    I am trying this.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    I get my Walkerswood at Kroger.  Be careful, that stuff is hot but wonderful. 
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • fence0407
    Make a dust bath out of brown sugar an ranch powder dust both sides an cook on egg!!!
    That sure is an interesting combination - might have to give that a shot!
    Cumming, GA  

• fence0407

JethroVA said:
    I get my Walkerswood at Kroger.  Be careful, that stuff is hot but wonderful. 
    The Krogers around here don't seem to carry it. I'm interested to see just how hot it is. I'm getting better with handling spicier foods, so we'll see!
    Cumming, GA  

• Butt Rub on one side and Montreal Steak on the other.

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)