Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need a simple but good recipe for smoked turkey breast

Options
Cooking a 6lbs turkey breast and need a simple recipe.  Looked on the forum and could not find a recipe......I appreciate your help in advance.  

Comments

• CharleyR
    CharleyR Posts: 103
    Options
    I did 2 6 pounders for Thanksgiving - 1 brined and one injected.  I prefer the brining approach. 

Neither of mine had been pre-brined or injected, which I think is preferable.  I brined mine over night in a 2 gallon Zip Lock bag with 3/4 gal water, 1 cup sugar, 1/2 cup salt, and 1 cup of the rub I was to use.  I'm sure you know to make sure the water is cold when putting in the breast in case you warm it up to better dissolve the mixture.

I then dry the breast with paper towels before using olive oil as a base for my rub. I smoked for 3 hours 40 min In my Egg at 300 dome temp.  I had a heavy amount of apple smoke going for the duration.  The higher temp helps keep the skin crispier (not real crispy, though).  I pulled at 162 IT and foiled it for 45 min before slicing.  IT raised above the target 165 during the rest. It turned out quite moist and tasty.   

Good luck!
    Large BGE 2013; Mini Max 2015; Adj Rig; DigiQ
    Ample supply of bourbon and cigars!
    Naperville, IL
  • dunwoodyegg
    Options
    Thank You.  Very helpful.