Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

YETI non believers

I don't usually follow trends like a lemming but since it had great comments on here I thought I would ask for one for my birthday. a 20oz rambler.

Let me start off by saying I don't drink a lot of coffee. I have my one cup a day on my way to work, and that is only when it gets cold outside. I rarely drink coffee in the summer.

I have a Keurig that I have been using for a couple years set at the highest temp it will brew at. The other cups I have used in the past barely got me half way to work ( 30 minute drive) before it was able to be taken in larger sips.

Since the Yeti, it ha been the opposite. I have it brewed at the lowest setting it will brew at, and I even have to keep the lid off for about the first 5 miles of my daily journey. I even still have coffee that I usually finish at about a mile left before my arrival at work.

I am a true believer in the Yeti's performance with hot beverages. I will have to wait until summer to see how it performs with cold bevvies out on the deck in the glorious Manitoba summers.

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    You will not be disappointed. 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    thats the problem with the yeti, drinks stay too hot for too long in them. i need to bring a second cup to transfer my hot tea in the boat out of the 30 just to get it down to sipping temps. i dont like coffee after it sits more than 20 minutes after brewing so now my morning weekend cup has changed to tea over coffee
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • First World Problems that I experience weekly:
    - My yeti 32 keeps my coffee too hot (if it was brewed too hot to begin with)
    - My lowball whiskey cup doesn't allow my ice to melt at all (basically resulting in drinking whiskey straight which isn't a bad thing but i like a little melt off). 

Neither one of these are problems and I more see them as impressive advances in drinkware so now I leave the top off my coffee to let it steam off for a few minutes and in my whiskey i've adjusted to drinking it straight and cold as ice!
    Memphis TN - Large Green Egg
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    kwdickert said:

- My lowball whiskey cup doesn't allow my ice to melt at all (basically resulting in drinking whiskey straight which isn't a bad thing but i like a little melt off). 

That is a good point on the lowball.  I also like a little melt with a bourbon on the rocks.  I think I will just stick with a glass :)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• fishlessman
    you could always just water down your whiskey beforehand =)
    fukahwee maine

• bobroo
    bobroo Posts: 143
    Let me suggest an experiment: Put a few cubes of ice and some water (but not completely full) in your Rambler first thing in the morning on Saturday. Leave it out at room temperature in your living room. I guarantee your will still have ice in your Rambler for the second game of HNIC. 

USA residents can do the same experiment on Mondays and substitute with halftime of MNF.
    If it's brown, it's cook'in....If it's black, it's done ---my Grandfather     Medium BGE
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    bobroo said:
    Let me suggest an experiment: Put a few cubes of ice and some water (but not completely full) in your Rambler first thing in the morning on Saturday. Leave it out at room temperature in your living room. I guarantee your will still have ice in your Rambler for the second game of HNIC. 

USA residents can do the same experiment on Mondays and substitute with halftime of MNF.
    Ill try that tomorrow.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    hondabbq said:

Let me start off by saying I don't drink a lot of coffee. I have my one cup a day on my way to work, and that is only when it gets cold outside. I rarely drink coffee in the summer.

You must discover Ice Coffee.....it's the only way to wake up in the summer!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    edited December 2015
    bobroo said:

For those of you in the warm climates,  HNIC = Hockey Night in Canada.  :)
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited December 2015
    For both the record and clarity, Yeti makes a great product. This has never been in question. Since July, the only thing that I have drank out of is my Yeti 30oz. For the avid outdoor cook or beach goer, I highly recommend a couple of the Yeti 30oz cups and the lowball along side of a Yeti 50. The depth of the 50 makes it ideal for wine bottles and fifths of liquor. Most of the things that I say when I'm bashing Yeti is strictly in jest to stir up a few of the diehards. I do wish that Yeti would consider dropping their prices a little though. The 5.2 million coolers that RTIC has sold in the past few months would have went to Yeti if the price was comparable. Yeti is the biggest name and the 900 pound gorilla of high end coolers. However with lower priced alternatives coming to market, this won't remain if the price stays so high. I really like Yeti and now that they have made their money, I wish they would lower the price a little. On a seperate note, sounds like some folks don't like the lowball. For the little liquor that I drink, the lowball is the cup of choice by miles for me. It is sized perfect and it just looks cool. I give Yeti 2 thumbs up for the lowball. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    I know you are just joshing re YETI Scotty, Most of us are just joshing about RTIC.

In 100% agreement that YETI could lower their price substantially and still bank huge piles.  

If you order these coolers by the container load they run about $35 each...that's a fair amount of markup.
  • cssmd27
    cssmd27 Posts: 345
    SGH said:
    For both the record and clarity, Yeti makes a great product. This has never been in question. Since July, the only thing that I have drank out of is my Yeti 30oz. For the avid outdoor cook or beach goer, I highly recommend a couple of the Yeti 30oz cups and the lowball along side of a Yeti 50. The depth of the 50 makes it ideal for wine bottles and fifths of liquor. Most of the things that I say when I'm bashing Yeti is strictly in jest to stir up a few of the diehards. I do wish that Yeti would consider dropping their prices a little though. The 5.2 million coolers that RTIC has sold in the past few months would have went to Yeti if the price was comparable. Yeti is the biggest name and the 900 pound gorilla of high end coolers. However with lower priced alternatives coming to market, this won't remain if the price stays so high. I really like Yeti and now that they have made their money, I wish they would lower the price a little. On a seperate note, sounds like some folks don't like the lowball. For the little liquor that I drink, the lowball is the cup of choice by miles for me. It is sized perfect and it just looks cool. I give Yeti 2 thumbs up for the lowball. 
    Do you know of any plans for RTIC to offer the 20 oz. and/or lowball style cups?
    Dallas (University Park), Texas
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    I know you are just joshing re YETI Scotty, Most of us are just joshing about RTIC.

In 100% agreement that YETI could lower their price substantially and still bank huge piles.  

If you order these coolers by the container load they run about $35 each...that's a fair amount of markup.
    Sure, Yeti could drop their prices. But then people would no longer believe they are the best coolers or tumblers.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• fishlessman

surprised bge hasnt jumped on this with superior green coolers.  theres some really nice coolers on the alibaba site
    fukahwee maine

• fruitguy
    fruitguy Posts: 303
    i love the lowball. finally jumped on the band wagon yesterday. made my first drink at 6 topped it off later in the evening, went to bed at 11 and still had ice.  told the wife with the no sweat design it pays for itself in the money we would spend on coasters
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Got my Yeti last spring at a golf shop. Filled it with my favorite cold drink with a few cubes of ice. By the 9th hole I had emptied the liquid and the cubes were still the size they were when I put them in. So, I added some more of my beverage and On the 18th I tossed the cubes. The drink stayed super cold all 18.

Bought a couple for two of  my golf buddies for Christmas!
  • bobroo
    bobroo Posts: 143
    hondabbq said:
    bobroo said:

Ill try that tomorrow.
    Oh! And the lid doesn't need to be on and don't worry about the furniture: the Ramblers don't sweat.
    If it's brown, it's cook'in....If it's black, it's done ---my Grandfather     Medium BGE
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    cssmd27 said:
    Do you know of any plans for RTIC to offer the 20 oz. and/or lowball style cups?
    In due time, they plan to match Yeti product for product my friend. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Summer nights with the young ones....  Ice cream floats that don't get messy from melt.....  Y'all gotta try it!!!!  The little kids will go nuts!!!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Summer nights with the young ones....  Ice cream floats that don't get messy from melt.....  Y'all gotta try it!!!!  The little kids will go nuts!!!
    I'm a DINK.