Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Australian Beef

Options
Winn Dixie is advertising Whole Tenderloins $10/lb & Boneless Ribeyes $7/lb just labeled as product of Australia, has anyone had any experience with this product?

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,624
    Options
    Wife brought some filets home last week from TJs that were from Australia, they were solid, nothing unusual about them.
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    All the Wagyu beef that I have seen sold here in Canuckistan came from Australia.

Options
    I just got back 2 weeks ago from there, and if the beef you are talking about is the same as I had there, grab it.

I am not sure, but I thought all beef if sold here had to be graded by our standards. Is that true? If so it should be labeled select,choice or prime.  
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    been very happy with burger and ribeyes from australia and uruguay
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • chrisc133
    Options
    A lot of the meat at my local Bi Lo is Australian too. Haven't tried any of it yet 
    Augusta, GA
    #BGETEAMGREEN member
    MiniMax, Large, XL BGE
    Featured on Man Fire Food Season 7
  • beteez
    beteez Posts: 548
    Options
    BiLo & WD are under same corporate ownership so it would be same product.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    been very happy with burger and ribeyes from australia and uruguay
    Waygu by me is Austrailian or US. Organic beef is Uraguayan or US/Canada. All good quality.
  • Tinyfish
    Tinyfish Posts: 1,755
    Options
    Australia produces some great beef. Can you see the beef. If its plenty marbled go for it.