Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A little Canuckian elf sent me...

Options
2»

Comments

• Girl_on_Grill
    Options
    Dang! That's impressive. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    BTW that's Goan fish curry, chilli chicken, saag and palak paneer, chicken tikka, paratha, Kerala chicken curry, jeera rice and raitha. All scratch 'cept the paratha
    Showoff! :)

I love that thali. All kinds of goodness on it. Reason enough to move to TO

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Hey, I don't know if you got to see the Russel Peters Christmas special but well worth the look if you can get it. Russell Peters saves Christmas in Bramalea.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    Options
    caliking said:
    BTW that's Goan fish curry, chilli chicken, saag and palak paneer, chicken tikka, paratha, Kerala chicken curry, jeera rice and raitha. All scratch 'cept the paratha
    Showoff! :)

I love that thali. All kinds of goodness on it. Reason enough to move to TO

I heard it was good. Trouble with Indian food is when you spend a whole day cooking it you don't really feel like eating it. By you I mean me.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    Options
    Dang! That's impressive. 

If you like dals I did a great dal Makhani a few weeks ago on the egg and it was the best I ever had.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• caliking
    Options
    Dang! That's impressive. 

If you like dals I did a great dal Makhani a few weeks ago on the egg and it was the best I ever had.
    I believe you. A friend of ours makes dal makhani and kali dal in her KJ (which I convinced her to buy) overnight. The texture of the dal is beautiful. Back in the day, folks would set up dal to cook overnight in a tandoor, as it cooled down. Its hard to get that texture by cooking on the stove, crockpot, or in a pressure cooker. 

I'll check out the Russell Peters show. We used to like him until his 3rd big release (Red, White, and Brown I think) where he became kinda crass and really wailed on a young boy in the audience. i thought it was in poor taste, and plus his routine was getting stale - same jokes recycled again and again. But maybe he's got some new material now that we'll like. 

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,512
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Great score! The little canuckian is known to have spent more dough on sending la bomba south of the border than I've on my BGEs  =)  I should relocate  :)

btw, not sure if anyone mentioned it, it's great in ABT.
    canuckland
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,740
    Options
    that stuff is like good crack cocaine =)  great when its there but what are you going to do when it runs out and your dealer starts hoarding the stuff
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • caliking
    Options
    that stuff is like good crack cocaine =)  great when its there but what are you going to do when it runs out and your dealer starts hoarding the stuff
    I'm already worried about what's going to happen when I run out of the case.  

@Canugghead - Topped some stuffed bell peppers with a few spoonfuls of it and it was deelish. I'll try and remember to add it to ABT's next time. I make stuffed mushrooms more often, so that may happen first. The possibilities are endless. 

• Little Steven
    Options
    caliking said:
    Dang! That's impressive. 

I believe you. A friend of ours makes dal makhani and kali dal in her KJ (which I convinced her to buy) overnight. The texture of the dal is beautiful. Back in the day, folks would set up dal to cook overnight in a tandoor, as it cooled down. Its hard to get that texture by cooking on the stove, crockpot, or in a pressure cooker. 

I'll check out the Russell Peters show. We used to like him until his 3rd big release (Red, White, and Brown I think) where he became kinda crass and really wailed on a young boy in the audience. i thought it was in poor taste, and plus his routine was getting stale - same jokes recycled again and again. But maybe he's got some new material now that we'll like. 

I know what you mean about Russell. This is a made for TV show so the vulgarity is minimal. Got a bunch of Canucks on it. His Mom is on it too and she's funnier than him. It's not the funniest work I've seen from him but there are bits I think you would like.

Steve 

Caledon, ON