Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What a dead Saturday night!

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,893
been a while since this forum was this dead! 
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Nola got saved and now no one has purpose 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • swordsmn
    swordsmn Posts: 683
    Options
    Just getting settled in..  Took a coworkers dad shooting this afternoon.  He needs to requalify with a G22 and needed some help.  Enjoyable aftn.  
    LBGE, AR.  Lives in N.E. ATL
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I have to be a good person from now on.
    Methinks you were/are a good person all along.
    Gittin' there...
  • ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    edited December 2015
    Options
    @nolaegghead this will pass, soon you can go back to being you. big brother will soon stop  policing you and and you can start having fun.  

XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Christmas party
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    Christmas party
    Ditto..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    My buddy rented a limo to celebrate his wife's birthday last night. Went to Philly for dinner, walked around Love Park, had a blast.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    Options
    Quiet evening at home. Family watched White Christmas with Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye, Rosemary Clooney and Vera-Ellen.
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

• jakebge
    Options
    Quiet evening at home. Family watched White Christmas with Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye, Rosemary Clooney and Vera-Ellen.
    The family and I went to see White Christmas at the historic ArtCraft Theatre in Franklin, Indiana on Friday night.  There is nothing like seeing it on the big screen in 35mm film, with the smell of popcorn coming from the lobby in front of a sold audience.  

Vera-Ellen is simply amazing.
  • jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    Options
    Seeing it on the big screen would be amazing.
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    Had a holiday work party.  Have another one tonight.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Darby_Crenshaw
    Darby_Crenshaw Posts: 2,657
    edited December 2015
    Options
    You always seem to mention how quiet the forum is while other times decrying that it gets out of hand sometimes. Or chastising people via email

that's an odd dynamic

like, "i don't wanna get involved, and i don't like when everyone gets out of hand, but gee i secretly enjoy it"

;)

all tongue in cheek here, but it is healthy for a person to recognize in themself that despite being a goody goody, it's possible they secretly enjoy troublemaking. 
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• RRP
    Options
    You always seem to mention how quiet the forum is while other times decrying that it gets out of hand sometimes. Or chastising people via email

that's an odd dynamic

like, "i don't wanna get involved, and i don't like when everyone gets out of hand, but gee i secretly enjoy it"

;)

all tongue in cheek here, but it is healthy for a person to recognize in themself that despite being a goody goody, it's possible they secretly enjoy troublemaking. 
    you talking to me, Jeff? chastising people via email?????
    despite being a goody goody, it's possible they secretly enjoy troublemaking. 
    This shoe doesn't fit me! I merely commented last night that the forum was dead (slow). No need to paint me as a trouble maker - OK?

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    RRP said:

that's an odd dynamic

;)

you talking to me, Jeff? chastising people via email?????
    despite being a goody goody, it's possible they secretly enjoy troublemaking. 
    This shoe doesn't fit me! I merely commented last night that the forum was dead (slow). No need to paint me as a trouble maker - OK?
    Jeez, didn't see this one coming. 
     It was a slow day and night. Food threads and otherwise. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,180
    Options
    Saturday night may have been dead but Sunday morning is shaping up!  =)
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    RRP said:
    been a while since this forum was this dead! 
    I have been trying to keep a civil tongue due to all of the current buffalo strikes. Plus it would look bad to campaign so hard to get Nola unbanned and then keep stirring the pot myself. However my patients has limits. Just for fun, I may blast the democrooks and Yetitards tonight ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    well, this is the second time in recent memory that you have 'lamented' or commented that the forum was slow.  last time was re Fridays, and we all know how those Fridays had been previously.

just saying...  by all appearances it could be taken as though a person was 'missing' the fact that the potty mouths and in-fighters weren't at it like the usually are, and so get "i'll just harmlessly get the ball rolling by mentioning how quiet it is. but without technically starting trouble myself, thereby preserving my spotless reputation while simultaneously kick-starting the foolishness".  perhaps it's just a too cynical take i am having, bu i have had others point it out to me.  it's a reasonable read.

anyway, no need to get all twisty.  we're all big boys.

for future ref though, please drop the first names.  no doxxing.  sure, the ones who wanna dig into past posts can figure this stuff out if they really wanna, but i really prefer not to have others drop personal info on my behalf.

[social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• ChrisgrillsSTLMO
    Options
    Last night we did reverse sear steaks,baked potatoes, and zucchini sticks with olive oil. All while sitting outside on DECEMBER 12TH with no jackets or mittens. :o Just one blanket and a fire in the chiminea (spelling?). Plus two bottles of wine. A lovely Sat. evening indeed... Hope everyone is getting into the Holiday Spirit and spirits =)

Cheers,
    Chris
    St. Louis, MO
    Unit 1: LBGE, cedar table Unit 2:Akorn
  • SGH
    Options
     Hope everyone is getting into the Holiday Spirit and spirits =)

Brother I am. I have a hog to slaughter. Been waiting on a cool day to do it. But it's still in the 80's most days down here in Dixie. May have to just go for it. Doesn't look like we will be getting any cool weather at all this year. Cool weather or not, I'm still in the Christmas spirit!!

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• peggyc
    peggyc Posts: 54
    Options
    RRP said:

No need to paint me as a trouble maker - OK?
    @RRP You should accept yourself as you are...
  • SGH
    Options
    peggyc said:
    @RRP You should accept yourself as you are...
    Good to see you back on sister. 

Status- Standing by.

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    I tried to do my part by posting a cook. Next time I'll make some inflammatory comments about Buffaloes. 
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • RRP
    Options
    well, this is the second time in recent memory that you have 'lamented' or commented that the forum was slow.  last time was re Fridays, and we all know how those Fridays had been previously.

excuse my short memory - yes, I now see that I did comment about Friday night being slow - that was back on October 30th and last night was December 12th. I hardly call that a pattern of stirring the pot 
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited December 2015
    Options

Image result for gifs methinks thou dost protest too much

Remember this?:
    "Please don't laugh at me...this is an HONEST SINCERE question...have you ever eaten a beaver and what in your opinion did it taste like?"

;):blush: :rofl: 

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    @Sardonicus - great question but it works even batter with "How to take a thread down a dirt road on a Sunday?"  I'm sure there will be quite an assortment of comments, especially since I recall a similar thread several weeks ago- no consensus then so who knows how this will sort itself out.  Profound knowledge awaits.  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Sardonicus - great question . . . especially since I recall a similar thread several weeks ago . . .
    Yessiree.  That was a direct quote from the very thread you reference.

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1188182/please-dont-try-to-nail-me-to-the-wall-on-this-question-beaver-meat/p1

Ostensibly innocuous, yet . . .
     ;)  B)

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,085
    Options
    X-mas party ...

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    X-mas party ...

Dude, I'd tear up that olive tree.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker