Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Canadian Friends

Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
EarlGroup.jpg
<p />Lucky we are to have a group of people such as we do. As if the information provided here weren't enough.....then there are the friendships. When I visited Canada over the summer, I got to meet up with Earl, Barb, Mike and Denise for a day of good times and good food. Earl and Barb were great hosts, and Mike and Denise (BBQfans 1 & 2), made the trip from a couple hours away. [p]Finally got my pictures back and I scanned a couple. Barb was kind of close to the edge of the picture, and ended up a tad blurry (and serious)...but overall it shows the group and the great food Earl so graciously offered up. Then there is Earl with his baby, and the gas grill he uses for a stand.[p]Have a great day
NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments

• Nature Boy,[p]Nice pics. Those Rib Eyes are the shiznit. What brew is BBQfan1 quaffing? I must say, 2 pics of Earl without a beer in his hand? Suprising![p]Check your E-mail.[p]Jobu
  • Nature Boy
    earlbeer.jpg
    <p />Jobu,
    Not sure what beer that is....we had several flavors. Maybe Qfan1 remembers...it was Canadian![p]Here ya go. Now he's got a beer. He gave the microwbrews a try, but went back to his favorite "bud" a bit later.[p]Cheers!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Nature Boy
    earlbeer.jpg
    <p />Jobu...oops.[p]Not sure what beer that is....we had several flavors. Maybe Qfan1 remembers...it was Canadian![p]Here ya go. Now he's got a beer. He gave the microwbrews a try, but went back to his favorite "bud" a bit later.[p]Cheers!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Nature Boy,
    I am disappointed to see that Earl is holding a normal 12 ouncer rather than the “baby” beers that were all the rage at Eggtoberfest. I still have two in my fridge.[p]Ha,
    RhumAndJerk

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    RhumAndJerk,
    Don't forget the tiny little bottle of booze in Earl's back pocket.[p]Larry

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    YB,
    I must have missed that one.
    Was it KennyG's baby Jack Bottle?
    R&J

• Mop
    Mop Posts: 496
    Nature Boy, nice pics......what city were those pics taken in?

• Hey Mop,
    Thanks. My trusty old Minolta, a tripod, and a few happy people made the pic. Those were taken in Toronto in late August. BBQfan1 is from London. Friendly folks them Canadians! Sure made me feel at home on my first visit across our northern border. Aren't you also from the GWN eh?? Whereabouts?
    NB

• Mop
    Mop Posts: 496
    NB,...Hey , sounds like you had a great time.....Those Canadian steaks look purdy fine I might add....[p]I`m in Burlington Ontario.....Acually I`m between BBQFAN and
    Barb and Earl. (whom I have not met).....
    I hope you enjoyed yourself here in Ontario....[p]Mop~

• Mop,
    Ontario was a blast...and must be a great place to live. I don't remember the name of the market, but it was right dowtown near the waterfront in Toronto, and I have never seen anything like it. Whole pigs to spatulas. Veggies and fruits fresh as could be. Sausage and mustard of every kind. Hundreds of different Olive oils. Pork, beef, poultry in all forms. Game and seafood. It was about 2 acres indoors with every food imaginable. Qer heaven. I still think about it when I am at the local "grocery"store. [p]I'm guessing that it is a very short time before you hook up with Earl, Barb, Mike and Denise. [p]NB

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    RhumAndJerk,
    That's the one.
    Larry

• BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Nature Boy, Hey! It's definitely not every day that you come home, flip on the 'puter and find out you're an internet 'star'! Thanks for the pix. Had a great time down at Earl's, and it was my first visit to St Lawrence Market too; quite impressive. I know others have said that there are 'no borders here', and things like your visit and the Eggfests with Earl heading over the other way etc help to reinforce that, but 'true' que is still much of a novelty up here and finding like-minded folk a bit of a search sometimes. Slowly but surely, I am meeting more and more Canadian Egg owners, and there is a certain pleasure in that as well; probably much like when you found that Tim M, Bluesnbbq and Mike O were not just co-Eggheads, but relative neighbours as well. In that regard, I've been emailing offline with GJ from the list who also lives in London, and Mop and I have indeed shared some emails.
    I tried a rack of beef ribs on the Egg for the first time today, coming home at lunch to put them on, with a base of firebricks then a beer/apple juice filled drip-pan on top, JD barrel chips for flavouring. Had to head back to work before I was confident temp had stabilized. Sure enough, raced home, right to the back deck and saw needle pointing about 375! Drip pan wasn't quite dried out, but meat was just a narrow band between bare bones!! Surprisingly or not, probably due to all the fat-juices in beef ribs, all was not lost, but woulda preferred something a little less cooked. Brushed on some jerk bbq sauce and they were actually okay; not great but okay. Feeling kind of bad about the results when I came down after dinner and, lo and behold, there was your 'Canadian Tribute' to cheer me up. Thanks again, and greetings to all from us here in Canada!
    BBQfan1
    ps-Jobu, I believe that was Wellington County Lager I was powering down (as a friend's mother once said to him after meeting me for the first time: "The bottle never touched his lips!") NB brought some excellent, but mighty thick, brew from down his way, Wicked Radish or something like that. Tasty, but not an 'all-day' beer.

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    tabasco.jpg
    <p />RhumAndJerk,[p]I know what ya mean about those baby beers that seem to only be available in Canada. Check out the hot sauce I bought in Windsor last week when me and the boys decided to blow off the afternoon and hit the Windsor ballet hehehe.[p]I've got to pick up a couple of these for Barb and Earl.[p]K~G

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    BBQfan1,[p]That's where you're wrong, my friend: every beer is an "all day" beer!!![p]Look forward to hanging out in April,
    Cornfed